All things The Witcher

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Flabyo

Re: All things The Witcher

Post by Flabyo »

Especially if you're trying to get all the Gwent cards.
martymcfly3004

Re: RE: Re: All things The Witcher

Post by martymcfly3004 »

Flabyo wrote:Especially if you're trying to get all the Gwent cards.
I'm 80 hours in and yet to win one game of gwent. Cards aren't my bag.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I think the only game I played of it was the mandatory tutorial one. Just didn't grab me.
martymcfly3004

Post by martymcfly3004 »

Yeah, it seemed pretty lame. I lost to him didn't really no why and never tried again. I don't feel like I have lost out on anything. I haven't done the optional horse races either. They are really dull.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

The horse in general is pretty bad and there's a few instances where you gotta do it for a few side quests and it's a pain in the ass you'd think they'd put a little more effort into your main form of transport,I was pretty into gwent though it was actually one of the things that kept me from finnishing the game quicker because I went around wanting to collect all the cards,there was even a gaming section that all I did was play gwent XD
martymcfly3004

Post by martymcfly3004 »

Finally done it. Dragged on a bit at the end but was very enjoyable despite this.

Straight into new game plus to try it out and I ended up playing a large portion of white orchard again!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Dusted this off yesterday and dumped my level 70, new game plus Geralt to start the whole thing from scratch again. The plan is to go through it all, first expansion included and then jump into Blood and Wine.

Why? Because I freakin' loved pretty much everything about this game and the world CDPR created and wish to soak it in again
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Blood and Wine is a substantial 14Gb download.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I never quite finished the main vanilla quest and only touched on HoS but got back into this for B&W and I'm just going to polish off the Wild Hunt and get into it. Great first hour though and it looks better than ever. It's quite hard to know exactly how I feel about the game, traversal and combat are pretty bad still, but the sense of scale and atmosphere is unsurpassed. It also looks bloody lovely for an open world game and feels more solid than ever with this latest patch, even if it's just a placebo!
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Looking forward to this! Hope the quality of writing in Hearts of Stone continues in this.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Kinda psyched to jump back into Witcher 3. I bought HoS when it released but barely put an hour in. Now that I have both expansions, it kinda feels like I have a brand new Witcher game to play.
macstat

Post by macstat »

7 hours in, and I was mostly running around city of Beauclair. I maybe did like 3 story quests. I dont want to spoil anything so im not going to discuss anything story related. But what was very apparent to me is how much more polished game is at this point (patch 1.21). There are a lot of small but noticeable things like new inventory clusters, option to turn off camera centering, new map features, new book management and many moooore. I guess everyone is expecting nothing less from CDP ;)
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

You wouldnt happen to know if any characters from Witcher 2 appear on the expansion,I mean a few popular characters that were weirdly absent from the main game?
macstat

Post by macstat »

Hmm no one like that popped up so far. And to be honest i have a feeling that this expansion is more connected to Witcher books than previous games.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Man that just completely deflated any hype I had XD
macstat

Post by macstat »

Well i could be very wrong ;) As i said I was mostly doing some sidequests and sightseeing (that game is gorgeous).

But at the same time i have trouble recalling what important characters (besides Iorweth) havent popped up in Witcher 3. Can you tell me who you had in mind ?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Todinho wrote:You wouldnt happen to know if any characters from Witcher 2 appear on the expansion,I mean a few popular characters that were weirdly absent from the main game?
There isn't that I'm aware of so far, but there is definitely one that is mentioned in the first Witcher game but I shall say no more than that for fear of spoilers.

I really dig that on the new start screen that appears Geralt is wearing the same outfit he wore in the first Witcher game and in the background you can hear the song that was sung in the first cinematic trailer by the female vampire.
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Todinho wrote:You wouldnt happen to know if any characters from Witcher 2 appear on the expansion,I mean a few popular characters that were weirdly absent from the main game?
If you like the characters go get the books. You'll get infinitely more out of the games if you do. Just got the most recent book to read but I refused to pay the £17 they wanted at the time because of the HAT (Hype Added Tax) of releasing it at the same time as the new game. Even if you just read The Last Wish, you'll get to find out why you're known as the Butcher of Blaviken, where Ciri and why Yennefer is a love interest.
macstat

Post by macstat »

I have a question to those who play right now. What do you think about new shader settings ? This over-saturated color ? I know that it should give that "fairy tale" feel to Toussaint, but i found it distracting from time to time.
deacon05oc

Post by deacon05oc »

So after about a 8 month hiatus I'm going to jump back into Witcher 3. I haven't finished the main quest nor the first expansion. Normally I would have moved on from a game after this much time has passed but I really love this game. Does anyone think it will be hard jumping back in? I've taken a break before this big one of about 2 months but it felt like nothing. I want to finish this and both expansions. I kinda feel like I owe the developers for being such a complete experience even without the expansions.