MDK

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

MDK

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can write up your thoughts and opinions for Shiny Entertainment's third person shooter - MDK.
Bakers_12

Re: Our next podcast recording (13.11.16): MDK

Post by Bakers_12 »

When I got my first PC MDK was bundled with it and it opened my eyes to possibilities of 3D gaming at the time.
The game just oozed originality at the time with its quirky aesthetic and back-story, but also in its game play at the time. The sniper helmet, ribbon parachute and the worlds smallest nuclear bomb all brilliantly felt unique at the time, now sniper rifles , gliding and calling air strikes have shown up in lots of games since but really do they beat the imagination that was put into MDK.

My memories of the game are now fuzzy and the rose tinted specs have gone on. I'm sure there where parts of the game that where really frustrating to play, I have vague recollection of some of the large battles where you could get ripped to bits by barrage upon barrage of enemy fire. But I choose to remember the joy of the absurdity and quirky originality of the game.

Sadly this game does seem to have been mostly forgotten by the masses. In a world of COD's and Gears of war I think we need a new MDK show us something new , something a bit odd.