Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Re: Street Fighter V

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Obviously the best point for us to start from is psn id's I know I've got most of you but if you've not got me then add mikeleddy83 and look at my friend list, if anyone's playing I can almost guarantee they'd love a friend request too. Starting tonight I'll be on and my capcom id will be the same of that was ever a question. Feel free to hop in. As a fellow forumite said: don't stand on ceremony! (Or something like that) ;)
James

Post by James »

So, you have to manually search (either by PSN/Steam ID or by Capcom ID) to add someone to your Favourites List. I'm pretty sure you have to invite in-game as well, rather than via PSN. That means a lot of typing in the early days until we all get one-another on our Favourites Lists.

This morning was a lot of spontaneous disconnections (which affect single player stuff as well, sadly). That cleared up this afternoon, but I still haven't been able to create, find or join a Battle Lounge at all. Big pain really, as myself and Luke (Beck on the forum, and Beck1110 on PSN/SFV) spent a couple of hours chatting and trying to FIGHT! without any success. :-(
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Gah, was just about to give it another try. Added you all on favourites earlier as you suggested, hope that'll make things smoother in the future.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The servers just aren't coping with the demand are they? Ranked battle match making takes an age, it often times out trying to download replays (I have managed to tag a few pro players as favourites)...

First day server wobbles are pretty much the norm with games these days. Disappointing that it kicks you out of even training mode if the server crashes out entirely...

Let's see how it manages tomorrow... Day one is often forgiven, day two not so much...
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

There's supposedly a fix out now, just 20 minutes before work of course. Hope to see some of you tonight!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thumbs-up.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Nice one :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This will need addressing, stat: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -rage-quit

Some fixes are incoming: http://www.destructoid.com/a-bunch-of-s ... um=twitter

Edit: Some fixes are already in place it seems: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/02/17/stre ... been-fixed
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

It's still a mess, I'm getting into ranked matches but it's failing to pull down players league points and giving error messages about not being to upload results after matches.

So all these defeats I'm getting aren't counting. Hah.

[edit] 20 minutes later and the servers have gone down again. This is not ideal.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I had a taste of the real deal tonight and by god it's beautiful... then I got disconnected again. Had a little look at the pc version too, it's not to my taste but it's lovely in its own water colour mega filter way. I'm hoping tomorrow's the big one but I'm not holding my breath just yet.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Picked this up in ASDA today, then put it back down. Is it worth waiting till all the issues are ironed out and they've added more content etc? I've not really played a Street Fighter properly for many years, but I am a big fan and would like to get back into it, especially if this community is involved in playing together, could be fun getting my arse handed to me.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

At the moment I think I'd find it hard to recommend to people who aren't wanting to get into multiplayer *right now*. The servers are stabilising, but it feels like waiting for the 'March Update', whenever that actually comes, might be worth doing.

Watching the Bracket Reset tournament that was at Meltdown London last night shows the game definitely has legs, it's going to be fun watching the Capcom cup this year for sure. But the game itself... well, it hasn't had the best of launches.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I really can't wait for the 8 player lobbies to return but I have a few mates who can do the 2 lobby and when it works it's great but I'll concede. Leave it a month and get it cheaper, it'll be £30 in no time!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Looks like we're up and running. Just got a very close loss to flabyo over best of 5 but throw me an invite if you're on tonight and we'll fight!

I'd love a rematch too of course ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Would love to but I've been struck down with a real stinker of a cold.

Soon though.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Yeah, it does seem to be stabilising now. Finally.

I still don't have most of you on my PSN friends lists though... I be 'Flabyo' on there.
James

Post by James »

Just to note, if you suspend SFV (when switching to a video app or putting the console in standby, for example) you'll still be shown as in-game and available for invites.

I've had a couple of invites arrive (unbeknownst to me) when I've actually been watching a film or in bed. Please accept my sincere apologies if it seemed I was rudely ignoring you - I promise I wasn't!
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

If anybody fancies a few frames with my scrubby Laura I'm SteakEater in-game. Halt-IAmReptar on PSN.

Would especially love to spar with an R.Mika player at some point, finding that match-up really tricky online, but I'm open to casual matches with anybody.

Also count me in when the 8 man lobbies open up :)
James

Post by James »

PressEscToExit wrote:If anybody fancies a few frames with my scrubby Laura I'm SteakEater in-game. Halt-IAmReptar on PSN.
Added. For those looking for an easy Perfect or two, as per usual, I'm iwatttfodiwwfa :oops:
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm sadly avoiding one challenge in this thread after a thrashing on ultra but I might send an invite tonight :)

Very impressive showings all around so far though, I urge anyone to get a little lobby going, almost anyone seems up for an invite (that's not a dig, I will fight you James) and while I've been doing pretty good there's no roadblocks at this stage.

Is there a point today anyone's thinking of giving the game a few hours? If so we can get some best of 5 lobbys on and get a good bit of limited competition going.