Braid - Cane and Rinse 328

Archive for issues 301 - 350
JaySevenZero
Admin

Braid - Cane and Rinse 328

Post by JaySevenZero » July 30th, 2018, 11:20 am

“Tim is off on a search to rescue the Princess. She has been snatched by a horrible and evil monster. This happened because Tim made a mistake.”

Josh, Tony, Darren and new contributor Brian Edwards discuss their opportunity to indulge in the common fantasy of being able to reverse all your mistakes, in Jonathan Blow’s 2008 Summer of Arcade release, Braid. How important was this title in shaping the industry as it is today? What do we feel about the games subtext and symbolism? Were any of us willing to wait that long to get that star? All those questions and more found within

Music used in this issue:

1. Downstream by Shira Kammen
2. Maenam by Jami Sieber
3. Lullaby Set by Pam Swan

Cane and Rinse 328 was edited by Ryan Hamann.

Each issue of The Cane and Rinse podcast is available a week early through our Patreon for just $1 a month

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Alex79uk

Re: Braid - Cane and Rinse 328

Post by Alex79uk » July 30th, 2018, 7:19 pm

I listened to this last week and was really disappointed the majority feeling was a negative one. I really love this game so much I was amazed how badly it was thought of, I'd never heard anyone say anything bad about it till the thread on this forum! It was an interesting episode, despite wanting to yell at my phone for half of it, haha.

The_reviewist

Re: Braid - Cane and Rinse 328

Post by The_reviewist » August 3rd, 2018, 11:24 pm

I have to echo Alex's comment above!
While I completely understand that the guys put themselves up for the podcast partly as a reason to finish the game, it felt very heavy on the negativity overall, which seems like an omission, or perhaps an oversight in assuming that more people would like the game.

While I can't fault opinions at all, it's always a frustrating, while interesting, listen when everyone takes an opposite view to you. Indeed as Alex says "despite wanting to yell at my phone for half of it" was similarly my feelings, especially when the only real positive responses came from the forum and emails. But, there you go!