Resident Evil 5 - Cane and Rinse 341

Archive for issues 301 - 350
JaySevenZero
Admin

Resident Evil 5 - Cane and Rinse 341

Post by JaySevenZero » October 29th, 2018, 11:23 pm

“You’re merely postponing the inevitable!”

For the eighth of our ten podcasts on the mainline Resident Evil games, we return to Kijuju for potentially the most controversial and divisive entry in the series. Leon, Charlotte, Jacob and Michiel decide whether or not Resident Evil 5 retained enough of its mighty predecessor’s DNA to stay relevant, or if – Uroboros like – the franchise was starting to eat its own tail as a ‘me-too’ Gears of War type affair. The panel and our contributors also discuss the thorny issue of the game’s African setting and accompanying imagery.

Music used in this issue:

1. Item Box by Kota Suzuki
2. Gigantic Attack by Kota Suzuki

Cane and Rinse 341 was edited by Jay Taylor.

Each issue of The Cane and Rinse podcast is available a week early through our Patreon for just $1 a month

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

KSubzero1000

Re: Resident Evil 5 - Cane and Rinse 341

Post by KSubzero1000 » November 5th, 2018, 11:29 am

You know, as easy and satisfying as it is to give this game a hard time for so many reasons, I'll just point out that some of the Wesker cutscenes have some genuinely entertaining moments, especially thanks to the fight choreography and camera work:

For a quick laugh, compare and contrast with this atrocious rip-off feat. NotChris and a shamelessly random "Claire" skin swap:

Suits

Re: Resident Evil 5 - Cane and Rinse 341

Post by Suits » November 6th, 2018, 8:15 am

Good podcast, I enjoyed this one a lot.

I’m fairly certain I played this through once, when it came out, in co-op and enjoyed it quite a lot - as everyone eluded too on the podcast.

I can’t remember feeling like it was potentially racist but looking back at it, it is cutting it rather fine.

I don’t think I ever played the Mercenaries mode on the main version, although I did spend some time with the 3DS version which was just the Mercenaries mode put into a cartridge and sold as a fully fledged game on the 3DS.