Videogames to look forward to in 2024

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Videogames to look forward to in 2024

Post by JaySevenZero »

I figured I'd start a thread for the various trailers etc. for the things we're looking forward to playing in 2024 (hopefully, since delays are not uncommon).

There's a film and TV version of this thread in the off-topic discourse thread.

The things posted aren't in any particular order, such as their release or personal preference etc.

Probably the game I'm most excited for at this particualt juncture in time being Star Wars (massive fan!) and coming from Massive Entertainment (1500 hours spent playing The Division 2). The above video only heightened my excitement to hopefully get my hands on this game sometime in '24.

This has been on my radar since it was first unveiled back in 2020 and my interest in it has not abated one iota since. Helped in no small part by being a fan, as a kid in the late 70's early 80's, of the TV series Monkey and a bigger fan as an adult of Katsuya Terada's The Monkey King manga. My fingers remain crossed that I get to play it this year.
Alex79

Re: Videogames to look forward to in 2024

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in Black Myth: Wukong, although I was interested in Lies Of P too and not got round to that one yet either.

Otherwise I'm hoping we see Silksong out next year, as well as GTA VI, obviously. I never pre-order games, I think I've done it twice in my life, but might with that because I know how much I'll get out of it.

Aside from those, I can't think of much else on my radar really.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

For me it's GTA VI should it come out next year, but other than that I'm actually really excited for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice league. I thought the latest deep dive trailer was really good and a friend of mine working at Rocksteady has relieved any fears I had regarding whether it wouldn't have a good single player campaign aspect to it without having the need to delve into the live service element of it. I just think it looks like a tonne of fun.

I'm interested to see how that Princess Peach game turns out too, I always like it when Nintendo do a new franchise.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Having been first unveiled in 2016 and made by the appropriately named Slow Bros., this game finally has a release window of early 2024

Tolkientaters

Post by Tolkientaters »

My most anticipated games next year are Dragon's Dogma 2 and Shadow of Erdtree (Elden Ring DLC). Also really looking foward to Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Persona 3 Reloaded, and Avowed.
Pconpi

Post by Pconpi »

Not sure if 2024 will be a slower year but I'd be ok with it because there is so much released in 2023 I still want to play. I definitely will be there for FF7 Rebirth and probably whatever the next gen Nintendo console launches with. Dragon's Dogma 2, Prince of Persia, The Wolf Among us 2, Dragon Quest 3 remake or any other HD 2D game Square Enix announces would all be of interest.
oni-link

Post by oni-link »

I'm really looking forward to Trails Through Daybreak, which is coming out summer 2024

It's the start of a new arc in the long running Trails series of JRPGs