All things Yakuza (Ryū ga Gotoku)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Truk_Kurt

Re: All things Yakuza (Ryū ga Gotoku)

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Alex79 wrote: November 16th, 2023, 5:01 pm You've convinced me, I'll stick with 4 and play 5 before 6. I think I'll likely mainline the stories though as, seemingly unlike most other people, I must admit, I'm not really a huge fan of a lot of the side stories.
Oh wow, yeah that is quite the opinion! :D

Have any of them stood out? Like in Zero the Kid with the video game?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Honestly no, they really irritate me and I don't find them in the least bit funny 😆 there were one or two that were okay, but I couldn't single any out.
GKBracken

Post by GKBracken »

Mainlined the story in 5 as just wanted to move onto 6 and drop the multi-character game. Was grateful to get back to the Kiwami engine in 5, but hitting it beat-to-beat has to be up there as one of the more exhausting gaming experiences I've ever put myself through. Granted, I totally played it the wrong way and it's very obviously designed to be a 100+ hour spectacular with the amount of content, but cannot emphasize how done I was with it by the game I'd hit endgame. Mind, that would have a lot to do with (final boss spoilers)
Spoiler: show
The final boss with Kiryu is a tank that needs to be whittled down over an age as his damage appears to be capped so, regardless of how well you're doing, the fight takes an age. That's bad enough, but there's a sneaky QTE at the very end of the fight that, if you fail, you have to take your sorry arse all the way back to the very start of the fight. Not a single phase of it has a checkpoint.