DayZ

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Guy_JD

DayZ

Post by Guy_JD »

Update- By the looks of it guys this server isn't really getting much use so I'm going to cancel it, by my reckoning it should stay active until the 22nd of next month

Hopefully we'll get a new one running when the Standalone hits

Don't know if anyone is playing this but just in case you are, we have a server up and running, it's passworded mainly to stop hackers but also to keep it friendly.

The server is currently on the Chernarus map but will be switching to Namalsk on this coming Monday (11th) with map changes every month or so just to keep it fresh.

the I.P address is 37.130.229.180:3187 - Server name: Kill all Zombles!

if anyone wants access just send me a PM on here and I'll supply you with the password to get in

if you haven't heard of DayZ I recomend checking out video's from our very own Mr.Tingg and also this guy FRANKIEonPCin1080p

magicjoef

Re: DayZ - Arma 2 mod

Post by magicjoef »

That sounds awesome. I might try setting it up again, I had problems before because my ARMA II install (from a disc) wouldn't patch.

Then I have to try and cobble it together with a Steam install of Arrowhead, which is possible, but seems a bit awkward!
FudgeMonkey

Post by FudgeMonkey »

magicjoef wrote:That sounds awesome. I might try setting it up again, I had problems before because my ARMA II install (from a disc) wouldn't patch.

Then I have to try and cobble it together with a Steam install of Arrowhead, which is possible, but seems a bit awkward!
You know DayZ is available on steam now? not sure if that'll work with your setup but the mod itself is actively available for download if you have the required Arma II games, might be worth a bash mate although i've a sneaking suspicion that it'll be for the steam versions which wont help :(
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

I wondered when you were gonna put this up

Im going to have to fortify my base more now and put up defenses haha
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

TomFum wrote:I wondered when you were gonna put this up

Im going to have to fortify my base more now and put up defenses haha
haha we're only on this map for another few days, I wouldn't worry too much
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

Arma 2 the complete pack is currently 50% off on Steam so if you've been thinking about getting on this game but been put off by the £25 price now is a good time.

Only available until the 12th March
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25815/
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Aha! Thanks for posting that. It makes Arma 2 very cheap on Steam, so I'm going to get it there rather than messing around with my disc version!
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

no worries, it'll be good to see you on there
MrTingg

Post by MrTingg »

Omg! How did I miss this. I will be on here for sure.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

How are we getting on in Namalsk then? The word on Skype is saying it's not what it's cracked up to be and the server figures seem to support that with only half as many login's as Chernarus had in it's first week.

Who's feeling a map change?
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Sorry, I haven't managed to get sorted yet, but I think I've got the mod installed now. Hope to get online tomorrow eve if anyone is about?
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

yeah weekend evenings are the most popular time to get on there, so I'm sure there will be a few people about
FudgeMonkey

Post by FudgeMonkey »

Guy_JD wrote:How are we getting on in Namalsk then? The word on Skype is saying it's not what it's cracked up to be and the server figures seem to support that with only half as many login's as Chernarus had in it's first week.

Who's feeling a map change?
I'm liking the guns on Namalsk but the map is a lot smaller and seems more sparse and less, um, real? i don't know. I'm very much a bambi scavenger and i've enjoyed Namalsk but not as much as chernarus.

How about Tavian? has anyone tried that map before? Panthera Island looks good from the map but seems a bit small.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

Tavainia looks like a good one, Lingor doesn't look bad either

I like the weapons on Namalsk but half the fun of Chernerus was the lack of decent guns and ammo and that you had to make every round count
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

I'm thinking with the next map change I might open the server up so anyone can join, I might need to enlist a few more admins though just to keep the hackers at bay
FudgeMonkey

Post by FudgeMonkey »

oh yeah i forgot lingor, that has to be tried.
MrTingg

Post by MrTingg »

Guy_JD wrote:Tavainia looks like a good one, Lingor doesn't look bad either

I like the weapons on Namalsk but half the fun of Chernerus was the lack of decent guns and ammo and that you had to make every round count

I like Taviania too, and lingor is awesome. Not really feeling this current map to be honest. I have been to the army bases, only to die due to cold weather. Without warm clothing, it's a task and a half to survive for a long run.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

Right the server is currently down and switching over to DayZ Taviana (http://dayztaviana.com/) so get downloading the map, it's a gig download
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

All up and running, bit of an issue where Battle eye kicks you if you use the refuel option in the scroll menu so don't use that until I say it's safe on here
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

ok bug should be sorted, let me know if there are still problems