Titanfall and Titanfall 2

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Titanfall and Titanfall 2

Post by JaySevenZero »

Brought to you by a bunch of those guys who, in 2007 gave us a shooter that made pretty much everyone sit up and take notice. So if this Xbox One and PC exclusive is anywhere near as blisteringly good to play as that was then there could very well be a reason to pick up and next gen Microsoft console after all.

Multiplayer gameplay looks pretty slick and those mechs are definitely on the right side of awesome.

Scrustle

Re: Titanfall

Post by Scrustle »

No replies to this yet? Fine then, I'll bite.

The game looks good. I really like the animation on the mechs. Really fluid and organic. The blending of MP in to SP style missions is interesting, and it certainly looks pretty chaotic to play. Looks very grey though.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Genuinely surprised by how excited I am by this. Even when I saw the Game Informer front cover, I thought it'd be a decent shooter but what they showed totally rocked my little brain box.

I do wish they'd do away with the constant XP numbers appearing on the screen.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Genuinely surprised by how excited I am by this. Even when I saw the Game Informer front cover, I thought it'd be a decent shooter but what they showed totally rocked my little brain box.

I do wish they'd do away with the constant XP numbers appearing on the screen.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of games doing that. It always breaks immersion, and it's not really necessary.
Leg of Time

Post by Leg of Time »

Very interested in this! Liked the mix of mech, on-foot and jetpack/parkour combat. The SP/MP mix sounds like it could be interesting, just depends how much of it is repeated (if there's a set 'story' to each map and that shows up in rotation a lot - could get tedious!)
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

Looks cool. As things stand I will have to buy a bang up PC to play it (Xbox One is off my radar as it stands). What I particularly liked the look of was the ejector seat! :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Looks good, love a bit of Mech action.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Dr Mcfluffin wrote:Looks cool. As things stand I will have to buy a bang up PC to play it (Xbox One is off my radar as it stands). What I particularly liked the look of was the ejector seat! :)
According to this Eurogamer interview with Respawn Lead artist Joel Emslie, it appears that Microsoft may only have initial launch exclusivity - they're not ruling out it coming to PS4.
Let's put it plainly: will PlayStation owners ever see Titanfall?

"It's definitely not out of the question," Emslie replied. "We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support.

"So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now."
That's good enough for me to wait and see.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah me too, don't think anything's going to sway me from a PS4 right now.
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

Brilliant...I can wait. It's cool, but there are plenty of other exciting games on the horizon to keep me busy
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

So this is confirmed for a March 13th release in the UK. Which is the good news.

The bad news is that they're releasing this version: Collector's Edition - And I want it. I want it bad.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

NokkonWud wrote:So this is confirmed for a March 13th release in the UK. Which is the good news.

The bad news is that they're releasing this version: Collector's Edition - And I want it. I want it bad.
Where's the life sized Titan!? ;-)
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

It's out in the UK on 14 March (13 March is for the rest of the EU).
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Damn fine new trailer to get excited about (who am I kidding, you've seen it already):

PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

I played this at Eurogamer, and it immediately jumped onto the day 1 list. I am not sure whether to roll PC, or wait for the PS4 release though.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

PapaBlingo wrote:I played this at Eurogamer, and it immediately jumped onto the day 1 list. I am not sure whether to roll PC, or wait for the PS4 release though.
You could be waiting a while. I'd go PC if I were you.
I'm going Xbox One so that I can play with people.

I'm excited about it, looks amazing and I know I'll love it, but staying away from everything bar the original e3 showing has stopped me being so excited about it and let me focus on other stuff (thankfully.) Not sure I'd be able to cope with the wait if I didn't :p.
James

Post by James »

I was hoping that this game would find a way to bring me into multiplayer gaming in a way that nothing since Bad Company 2 has. Sadly, EA decided to release it on the same day as Dark Souls II. :(

By the time I get around to playing Titanfall, it's a pretty safe bet that the servers will be swarming with uber, elite, prestiged, level 1000000 players (or whatever the going descriptor for people who will kill me over and over and over currently is).

Oh well!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Don't worry about it. I joined Battlefield 3 a year in and originally got annihilated. Working my way up to where I am now was so satisfying.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

PapaBlingo wrote:I played this at Eurogamer, and it immediately jumped onto the day 1 list. I am not sure whether to roll PC, or wait for the PS4 release though.
Majornelson just said that Titanfall is exclusive to Xbox & PC http://majornelson.com/2013/10/29/titan ... 60-and-pc/