Battlefield 4 (PS4) Platoon

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
NokkonWud

Re: Battlefield 4 (PS4) Platoon

Post by NokkonWud »

I took a week off from it after hitting it quite hard, so I'll be on over next weekend if anyone fancies playing some. Myself, Don (Indiana747) and Pete (Chunky_M0nk13) will almost certainly be on.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

*ahem* Real FPS soldiers dont take a week off Karl. :P
See you on the battlefield.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

After the messy breakup I had on 360 against my better judgement I've picked it up on ps4 today. You guys still play much?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Still doesn't work, first game I've had it judders along like a dvd skipping :/
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I still play it nearly every night. Dont think its a fair reflection on the game saying its still broken. Has been running smoothly on Conquest large for me for the past six months. Some modes i think still need addressing though, Carrier Assault is still juddery at times.
There is a massive patch out on Tuesday the 30th of Sept for BF4. It will change the game for the hardcore players that still bother to play it. New soldier movement & hit damage. Customisable HUD, no dickhead Commanders on Rush. Medic triage system,weapon tweaks, easier to shoot the head glitchers, auto spot attachment for weapons and a whole host of netcode issues addressed. I personally cant wait to try the game out after this patch that has been in the works for months on the CTE servers on PC. Still loving this multiplayer & it still beats anything else on the FPS market for magnitude & scope of battles.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah I was a bit harsh I think I must've been on a poor server. I had a few games last night and it ran flawlessly. It felt like I was playing Battlefield again as weird as it sounds as on 360, 4 felt like a poor version of 3.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Whats your PSN id mate? I need friends to squad up with since all of the other Cane & Rinsers seem to have been missing in action(aka, playing spacemen on Destiny) :P
Im on most nights & the randoms do get annoying at times. Although i jump from squad to squad when im on my own just to find team mates that actually know what they're doing tactically.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Forgot to say I don't have any maps as I'll probably get premium when it goes on sale. Can't justify buying premium twice really at full price.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

No probs, originals are the best anyway. :P
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

My return to Battlefield 4 summed up pretty much 1:23 in this video ;)

Got a hell of a lot of practicing to do :)
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

I would be up for organising an evening on this, if anyone else is interested?
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

On every night more or less anyway, would def want to squad up. Only problem is everybody else is off playing spacemen on Destiny. You'll have your work cut out tryin to get them back to batters.
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

Surely they'll realise that Destiny is a boring and stale FPS soon?!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Or just perhaps, just maybe, those people who have played Destiny (a game that I think gets markedly more interesting and exciting the further you go with it by the way) for dozens of hours up to level 20 and beyond are genuinely really into and thoroughly enjoying what Bungie's game has to offer? I like both games very much but I don't see "playing spacemen" as being worthy of more scorn than "playing soldiers".

I'm keen to play some more Battlefield, especially after hearing some great things about this latest patch in terms of how it makes the game feel to play. I just wish I had an infinite amount of time to play everything that's in my catalogue!
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

I have heard that it does get better, but I am basing my opinion on the beta, which was dull imo.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

PapaBlingo wrote:I have heard that it does get better, but I am basing my opinion on the beta, which was dull imo.
if you're bored then you're boring ;)

I'm looking forward to getting a PS4 for some battlefield evenings, I stuck with and rather enjoyed 3, despite the slightly sour reviews.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Lols, Leon. Playing spacemen is me just poking fun at all the C&R guys that used to play Battlefield regulary, but are now enjoying what Bungie's shooter has to offer. I just enjoy playing soldiers against other human controlled oppostion rather than AI. Fighting AI during the campaign of an average shooter is more than enough for me. I've never really got a kick out of loot, reward driven games, even the unlocks & constant patting on the back rewards in all fps games nowadays dont interest me. The hook for me is pitting myself or squad/team up against other human enemies & trying to win. Some of these Battlefield players can be the sneakiest buggers to play against, but the way Battlefield is, if you're organised, there is nowhere to hide, unless cowering on the spawn screen is a viable option :P
Also, im with Papa on the Destiny Beta, it didnt really do anything for me either, so i guess the finished article is more of the same. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Thats the good thing about games these days, somethin for everyone.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Well I remember a certain Irishman being dismissive of the beta for Battlefield 3, telling me that he wasn't feeling it compared to Bad Company 2, so I'd be wary of basing a decision on a beta since those first impressions are sometimes prone to change! ;)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

You wanna get your arse onto a PS4 & tell that fickle Irish bastard that story on the Battlefield. :lol:

Hey, im not slating Destiny, who am i to judge something ive never really played? But from the Beta i cant justify paying full price for it when all id do is hit rank 20 then go back to batters. Like i was tellin Karl the other day, i'll end up picking it up in a few months for £25ish & get better value from it. But nothing is displacing BF4 from top spot for me, especially after that last patch.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

If people judged the battlefield games by their story, the franchise might have sunk a long while ago.
Some people treat the battlefield campaign as the thing you prod for 4 hours before sinking teeth into multiplayer.
I've played many hours of multiplayer battlefield, the fact that I don't care for the campaign won't stop me from buying it when I get a PS4. I doubt I'll even bother with the campaign at all if I'm honest...