Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Simonsloth

Re: Videogame News

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: April 15th, 2018, 9:47 am We don't seem to have a general 'catch all' gaming thread, so posting this here. I'm so close to getting these, can anyone vouch for the quality? They seem a decent price, £69.99 - I've seen the previous models selling for more than that, but I don't want to get them if they're duffers. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B079T6 ... 1OLE&psc=1

EDIT: I got 'em. Well excited! I've never had any headphones other than the ones that come with my phone and an old pair I bought for a fiver to use on my PC about 15 years ago! Can't wait to try them.

They are fantastic. Only the platinum headset trumps them in my opinion but for twice the price you barely notice the difference.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I’m interested in these but how do they hook up? I really need a set that I can use with all my consoles, not just one of them - is that the case with these Sony branded ones?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

You get a USB dongle for them to connect wireless. You get an audio lead with then as well so could connect to anything with that but I think it would only be in stereo connecting that way. That was one of the negatives mentioned in reviews, they're kind of locked in to Sony hardware (although they possibly work OK on PC I think).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Cheers Alex!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Got an email to say they'd arrived at home along with a copy of Shadow Of The Collossus. Can't wait till I get home, I will be shipping my girlfriend off to bed to watch the soaps whilst I get lost in epic beast slaying awesomeness in 7.1 surround :lol:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ok so this is a really dumb question, but if I'm wearing surround headphones, in game settings do I select the audio for headphones or home cinema? If I select headphones won't it just give me 2.0 audio?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Thanks. Haha yes I have :)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Make sure you download the headset app on your PS4 as you download optimised profiles for certain games which enhance the experience
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Thanks yeah I did download it but there was only about 4 games there were profiles for and there didn't seem to be any way of searching or showing all games (if indeed there were more)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

That’s a shame. I’ve had my headset since launch and usually every major release had a profile. Infamous, batman, last of us etc. They must have phased them out over time
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Alex79uk wrote: April 15th, 2018, 9:47 am We don't seem to have a general 'catch all' gaming thread, so posting this here. I'm so close to getting these, can anyone vouch for the quality? They seem a decent price, £69.99 - I've seen the previous models selling for more than that, but I don't want to get them if they're duffers. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B079T6 ... 1OLE&psc=1

EDIT: I got 'em. Well excited! I've never had any headphones other than the ones that come with my phone and an old pair I bought for a fiver to use on my PC about 15 years ago! Can't wait to try them.
Got tempted by that email from sony last week too, eh?

I own a few headsets for a number of reasons but I also bought these this week.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cool what do you think of them? I've only played SOTC and Fallout 4 with them so far, but both sound great. The guns in Fallout are ear splitting! The shotgun especially!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I’m jumping on the headset bandwagon and getting some too. I’m going to use the amazon link so C&R get the benefit too.

My old ones are falling apart!
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Alex79uk wrote: April 19th, 2018, 8:57 am Cool what do you think of them? I've only played SOTC and Fallout 4 with them so far, but both sound great. The guns in Fallout are ear splitting! The shotgun especially!
Overall quality is fantastic and I find them comfortable too. I played God of War III, Ni No Kuni 2, Bioshock, Resident Evil VII and Uncharted 4. All sounded great, Uncharted 4 and Resi in particular sounded spectacular.

I had some issues with the USB ports on my PS4 Pro and the wireless dongle. If the receiver was plugged into the USB next to my external HDD, the headset would lose signal. Switching ports resolved this.

Set up for PC was faultless.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hey guys, can anyone give me a ballpark figure for assembling a mid range gaming PC? I am considering it for xbox games and steam.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Edit: never mind, I was getting a bit preachy and pious about pc gaming there. Not relevant, sorry!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Well now I'm intrigued! :lol:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I would estimate cheaper than an Xbox One X.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Death's Gambit finally has a PC and PS4 release date for August. I've been following this one as one of the glut of 2D Dark Souls-alikes that sprang up a couple of years ago, and am looking forward to it, I think it looks great!

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Killer 7 remaster announced, yay!

http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... urce=drive

Oh. PC only.

:(

Well fingers crossed it makes its way to console I guess!