Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Flabyo

Re: Videogame News

Post by Flabyo »

Konami have a lot of dormant stuff from the 80s and early 90s arcade scene, as do Namco. But none of that is really worth working up into something over just doing new IP really.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Very true.

In other news Cuphead is out on Mac (via Steam), and is on special this week! As a non-Xbone customer, this is a much cheaper option for me.
Joshihatsumitsu

Not really news... but I likes a good joke :D : Season 2 of Castlevania Just Season 1 Upside Down
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

This looks pretty awesome!

Joshihatsumitsu

In M2 Shottrigger news: the never-ported-to-consoles Esp.Ra.De seems to be getting some love. No release dates yet.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Nice!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

And Ketsui out on Japanese PSN on the 29th Nov, too!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

There’s a remaster of Gods coming out fairly soon, with very little fanfare. Looks like it’s of the ‘new visuals sitting on original game engine’ variety, so expect something very tough and a little bit clunky, but still pretty fun.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Flabyo wrote: November 20th, 2018, 9:35 am There’s a remaster of Gods coming out fairly soon, with very little fanfare. Looks like it’s of the ‘new visuals sitting on original game engine’ variety, so expect something very tough and a little bit clunky, but still pretty fun.
Ha, cool.

What’s it coming out on ??
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Everything by the looks, (PS4, XBO, switch, steam, iOS, Android)

http://www.robotriotgames.com/gods_remastered.html
Suits

Post by Suits »

Flabyo wrote: November 20th, 2018, 11:20 am Everything by the looks, (PS4, XBO, switch, steam, iOS, Android)

http://www.robotriotgames.com/gods_remastered.html
Sweet.

One of the best Mega Drive box artworks.

The colour palette and the way it looked was cool too I thought.

Shame it played like a pig.
Joshihatsumitsu

Stanshall wrote: November 20th, 2018, 8:27 am And Ketsui out on Japanese PSN on the 29th Nov, too!
Didn't really have to preorder... but I did anyway! :D Kinda like having a physical version when I can, very old fashioned.
Joshihatsumitsu

In separate what-could-possibly-go-wrong showbiz news: "Monster Hunter" and "Mega Man" will be adapted into live-action movies in Hollywood!

Boy oh boy, can't wait! :roll:
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Monster Hunter I knew about, and looks like trash already, but Mega Man is just another level of stupid. Pass.

Jordan Vogt-Roberts appears to be a genuine MGS fan and seems to treat the upcoming film like his ultimate passion project, which gives me hope, but I've mostly checked out of the Hollywood video game adaptation fanfare otherwise.
Joshihatsumitsu

I'm a Flophouse Podcast fan, so maybe one of those two adaptations make the cut...
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I can here the trailer voice over now:

"He was just a man but next summer watch him become MEGA!"

Starring Zac Efron as Megaman and Sir Anthony Hopkins as Dr Light and Sir Patrick Stewart as Dr Wily.

Actually maybe I should become a casting agent...
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

DomsBeard wrote: November 21st, 2018, 7:59 am "He was just a man but next summer watch him become MEGA!"
:lol:
Joshihatsumitsu

I hope the letters individually come zooming into the screen - M... E... G... A...

Then they slide together, we zoom out, and MAN slides in from the other side!

Then a one-liner from Sir Patrick Stewart, cut to black with "Coming Soon"... and we're done!

Awesome, we have a casting agent and trailer... this movie makin' bitnez be easy!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Hopkins/Stewart should be available. After all the former did Transformers and the latter played the poo in the emoji movie.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Don't really know where else to stick this, but stumbled across this on Amazon when I was looking at the Megadrive collection for PS4.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEGA-Console-M ... e+classics

I just don't understand why Sega never made a big thing about this (or any of the others they seem to have done in the past)

After all the fuss over the NES and SNES minis, it's baffling why nobody got excited about the EXACT SAME THING from Sega. Plus it's got a ton more games, and actually looks to me like it may even play original carts, too (although I can't find anything to confirm this either way).

EDIT: It does play original carts. Also, it appears that some of the games are 'original' shovel ware, but still over 30 proper games. And for cheaper than Sonic 3 on cartridge would probably set you back now.