Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Angry_Kurt

Re: Videogame News

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Alex79uk wrote: May 14th, 2020, 12:12 pm
Angry_Kurt wrote: May 14th, 2020, 12:08 pm I encountered a game breaking bug in Mafia 2 where there was a mission at a gas station and no matter which way I approached it to get to my objective, my character would always fall through the floor and was therefore not able to progress the story. Reloading the game and restarting the console made no difference. A shame as I was enjoying it.
That sucks. Have you tried uninstalling and redownloading it? Or loading from an earlier save? I wouldn't give up just yet. I've had similar situations before where doing one of the above fixed it. But then, I've had situations where it didn't too. :(

It happened to me on the Abes Oddyssey remake on Vita. There was a puzzle where something just wouldn't trigger that was supposed to. No amount of trying to fix it worked and I gave up and never went back. I was really looking forward to playing it too, the original was one of my favorite PS1 games.

Salt & Sanctuary on the Vita too. That was so buggy. Got game breaking bugs twice before I managed a clean run through the game.

EDIT: Wondering if this would help you? https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/94 ... i/58351184

They suggest it's a rare but known bug, and playing the previous chapter again may help?
Thanks for the suggestions but I think I will just wait for the remaster at this point. Plus I was playing the game on 360 which I don't have anymore and was renting the game through Lovefilm (remember them :D)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah right, haha, I thought you meant you were playing it now!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Whenever silly bugs like that occur i just want to launch the game out the door.

Falling through the floor is just unacceptable and I think Mafia 2 is a classic.

Looking forward to the trilogy remake but hoping theh tweek 3 so it's not full of fluff as it's got an interesting introduction
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

It looks like these aren’t necessarily launching as a bundle. The remaster of 2 appears to be imminent, with the full remake of 1 being later in the year.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Ah, I see. The announcement would indicate a trilogy but looking closely the news does detail seperate releases
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

dezm0nd wrote: May 15th, 2020, 7:15 am Looking forward to the trilogy remake but hoping theh tweek 3 so it's not full of fluff as it's got an interesting introduction
I think they'd need to literally remake the entire game if they wanted to do that, I can't think of a way they could remove the repetitive nature of the missions without a total restart. Hopefully Mafia 4 will be a bit more varied.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone seen or heard of this? Looks like it could be fantastic!

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: May 24th, 2020, 8:54 pm Anyone seen or heard of this? Looks like it could be fantastic!

Whoah this looks incredible! Thanks for the info Alex!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Some new information has shown up for the Nier Re[in]carnation (the mobile game that was announced a while back). Turns out the scenario will not be written by Yoko Taro, but it will be written by some of the usual Nier writing team, and Taro will have some level of oversight to tie it all together. Also apparently there are "battles", which is somewhat surprising given that previously it seemed like the game was going to be very lonely and have little in the way of any mechanics. I suppose they have to find some way to shove that gacha stuff in there somehow...

https://www.siliconera.com/nier-reincar ... o-writers/

Also here's the trailer since I suspect some people here might have missed it before.

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Bloodborne Twitter account posting some interesting stuff.

https://twitter.com/BloodborneGame/stat ... 37696?s=19

EDIT: Ah, it appears to be unofficial.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

No news but strong rumour that the Xbox will be rebranded as a sega box in japan.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

dezm0nd wrote: June 1st, 2020, 7:53 am No news but strong rumour that the Xbox will be rebranded as a sega box in japan.
I think this would be a good strategy for Xbox. Something that might add a little fuel to the rumours I found out yesterday is that Yakuza 7 still isn't listed for PS5, but is for PS4 which seems odd. Yakuza 7 being a Sega published game
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

From where I'm standing (admittedly nowhere near Japan) that sounds pretty wild. Even without E3, this June could have some good speculation.

The implications for Sega's future games would be interesting.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

This is coming from a famitsu piece that said ‘SEGA has some big news’.

Analysts I know say it has nothing to do with MS though so...
Suits

Post by Suits »

dezm0nd wrote: June 1st, 2020, 7:53 am No news but strong rumour that the Xbox will be rebranded as a sega box in japan.
I know we've spoken about this already but this would be a massive step straight into the feels department for a lot of people, and you can only assume be a massive step in the right direction for MicroSoft.

Obviously the console would have to be decent to keep people talking positively as well, but being branded as a SEGA console would get a lot of people looking at it differently from the off - as daft as that may seem.

Smoke and mirrors from MicroSoft here but it would be a clever move I think.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Flabyo wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:08 am This is coming from a famitsu piece that said ‘SEGA has some big news’.

Analysts I know say it has nothing to do with MS though so...
A quick internet search says similar. Sega will show their trailers/gameplay as part of Guerrilla Collective from June 6-8, so its interesting if they're doing something outside that.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

It must be pretty big as the guy that wrote the original article said the news would be as big as the PS5 announcement
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I’m just trying to damp down your expectations based on what I’ve been hearing. Last thing we need is another Nintendo Megaton! (One analyst i follow joked that knowing Famitsu it could easily just be SEGA renaming a game)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Saturn/Dreamcast Mini
FaceIKnow

Post by FaceIKnow »

DomsBeard wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:03 pm Saturn/Dreamcast Mini
🤞