Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
PlexShaw

Re: Videogame News

Post by PlexShaw »

No issue for me as I was always going to get the game on the Xbox One anyway. It just means I won't really be able to talk about the game with my PS4-only owning friends.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

DomsBeard wrote:
Beck wrote:
ratsoalbion wrote:It has now been confirmed that the Xboxclusivity is timed. SHOCKOLA!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... a-duration
I honestly thought Microsoft had changed their direction but they still seem willing to piss people off. These timed exclusives are horrible and both parties need to listen. I just don't get it
Microsoft obviously think people are stupid enough to buy a xbox one rather than wait for the PS4.
I know quite a few guys who played this through with their wife, girlfriend or daughter (this one seems a little uncomfortable to me) as the idea of an empowered female protagonist appealed to them and so I believe seeing this story continued has a place in many people's hearts.

I think stupid is a bit harsh as some people will buy an Xbox One for this. Although the fact that this is timed has now been confirmed there is a lot of confusion surrounding Rise of the Tomb Raider for most people and a lot of people wont know that it is timed - some of those people haven't jumped up generations yet and seeing the continuation of a story they loved last gen on one platform and not the other (and not knowing if/when it comes to the other platform) will be enough to persuade them to choose this console over the other. Then there are the guys who have a PS4 already and are (incorrectly in my humble opinion) moaning that they were miss-sold the console and have nothing to play, some of those will trade in if they interpret this as third parties favouring MS. Finally, there is the core group - the enthusiasts - the ones who like to play the biggest and best games and don't like to miss out. A lot of these guys have both, some will have chosen one over the other and are waiting for an excuse to get the second that they can justify to themselves, their partners and/or their pet rock and let's be honest here, this is a group that has quite a few people who would rather sell a kidney than wait for a game to come over to their platform. They want to be a part of "the conversation" as and when it happens and they will drop down the best part of four hundred notes for a good enough excuse. I don't consider this a good enough reason to do so but many will.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Let's face it: if Sony had announced that they had secured RotTR as an "exclusive" in the way MS had done, I suspect the reaction would have been very different.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

PlexShaw wrote:Let's face it: if Sony had announced that they had secured RotTR as an "exclusive" in the way MS had done, I suspect the reaction would have been very different.
You mean a majority of the vocal guys on the comments sections of IGN etc would be saying how great a catch for Sony it is and how they can't wait to play it, right?
PlexShaw

Videogame News

Post by PlexShaw »

Yep. That and people on Twitter. I've had to bite my tongue so much over the last year it's ridiculous.

I've had a great time with the Xbox One so far, whereas the PS4 has been a miserable experience for me. This seems to be the opposite of everyone else. :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I wouldn't be without either, though the PS4 feels like a more powerful machine to me, especially when comparing multiformat releases. That said I have played the shit out of Titanfall which looks and performs better with every update.

As always, I stress that CaR is - as you can tell - format agnostic. We might all have our preferences for whatever reasons but we take each game on its own merits. Console tribalism is exclusively for insecure cretins who are more concerned about labels and image than videogames.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Really excited about getting my Xbox One this October! Sunset Overdrive looks right up my alley.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I haven't seen too much of that, but if you're on it, I'm on it!
Beck

Post by Beck »

I'd love an Xbox one, the GUI looks so slick and Microsoft must be congratulated for their constant updates. Maybe in a few years when the price is easier on my wallet;)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

ratsoalbion wrote:I haven't seen too much of that, but if you're on it, I'm on it!
It's basically Ratchet and Clank meets Jet Set Radio/Tony Hawk. Features 8 player co-op, too!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

So, Team Meat teased this...?

dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Double Fine presents... Gang Beasts!

http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments ... ng_beasts/
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Speaking of Beasts :D
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Todinho wrote:Speaking of Beasts :D
As if this game didn't already have my complete enthusiasm and attention!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Looks pretty damn good. I might even be able to get in to it more than I have Dark Souls, since that dodge move looks nice and quick. It looked like there was also some kind of backstab style move you could do from the front. Also, what was with that character that seemed to be aiding the player at a certain point? Have the spoken about multiplayer in this game yet?

And I think this is also the first time I've ever seen a game where they make you kill someone who's in a wheelchair.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Yeah aparently the multiplayer aspect will be more like Journey with players phasing in and out of each others worlds it looks pretty cool but those not looking to co-op/invasions might not like it,the game is much more offensive based the usual shield is replaced with a gun and when you take damage you can get it back by striking back at your oponent!
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Scrustle wrote:And I think this is also the first time I've ever seen a game where they make you kill someone who's in a wheelchair.
I have to admit, as someone with a quadriplegic father who had to deal with negative comments regarding "cripples" as a child that makes me a little uncomfortable but it is interesting (and risky) to see that in a videogame
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So there's alot of craziness going on latelly if you follow certain games people on twitter,now I really dont wanna get into it otherwise this is gonna turn into a 20 pages rant about everything and everyone in this blasted industry,but as usual people are firing shots in all directions and being stupid about it especially against TotalBiscuit which I found extremely uncalled for,but to be different from all these people I'd like to share a very interesting post on Destructoid that I think nails the problem of why these type of things always explode in a shitstorm : http://www.destructoid.com/outrage-cult ... um=twitter
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Todinho wrote:So there's alot of craziness going on latelly if you follow certain games people on twitter,now I really dont wanna get into it otherwise this is gonna turn into a 20 pages rant about everything and everyone in this blasted industry,but as usual people are firing shots in all directions and being stupid about it especially against TotalBiscuit which I found extremely uncalled for,but to be different from all these people I'd like to share a very interesting post on Destructoid that I think nails the problem of why these type of things always explode in a shitstorm : http://www.destructoid.com/outrage-cult ... um=twitter
Sorry, I don't mean to add fuel to the fire if things are already annoying you but what's the story here? What's happened?
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Totalbiscuit original tweet about it probably explains this better than anyone: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s4nmr1