Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: Videogame News

Post by DomsBeard »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... this-month

Battlefield 4 Premium announced on all formats bar 360.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Videogamer went and bought a copy of The Evil Within so the review embargo doesn't apply:
http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/the_e ... eview.html
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

I think this is really relevant nowadays:

dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

So, Codemasters have got their heads together and announced a spiritual sequel to Micro Machines. I guess they lost the rights to that franchise?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Micro Machines don't really exist anymore. Galoob went bust about 10 years ago. Hasbro own the IP, but don't really use it for anything.
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

Video Games Live have announced further concert dates in Birmingham and Glasgow for next year. Already booked my tickets for Birmingham - can't wait!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Flabyo wrote:Micro Machines don't really exist anymore. Galoob went bust about 10 years ago. Hasbro own the IP, but don't really use it for anything.
You'd think Hasbro would use it for videogames more than miniature car toys nowadays. Seems odd to me but there's definitely some better reason for them not using it than ignorance?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/47 ... f-winners/

I voted and not one thing I voted for won ;)

Most disappointed Titanfall didn't win multiplayer, especially after the total fubar Battlefield 4 launch. I know it's working nearly well now and I'm enjoying it but Titanfall hit the ground running from day one. I think not being on ps4 cost them there.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

After looking to buy this game on the ps3 for ages and not finding it anywhere this could be really good news =D: http://gematsu.com/2014/10/pegi-rates-v ... onicles-pc
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

I know I shouldnt be but these news make me happy http://gematsu.com/2014/10/prey-2-officially-cancelled ,I just hate the original game so much that I almost wish it was wiped out from history,but too bad for the folks working on it the little footage there was looked ok
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

BlizzCon weekend has begun. New game announced. It's like Unreal Tournament mixed with Team Fortress. Yes please!

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

No warcraft 4 :( news ,but hey you can play as an mecha-hindu in this!The second appearance of this underrepresented group in videogames since Asura's Wrath :D
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

In some kind of bizarre world where someone out there read my posts from a year back we now have Street Fighter V to join the Mario Kart DLC and hopefully Metroid to come. Good times!

I'm sure the talking point will be the exclusivity limitations but I'm happy enough to say it will be a welcome addition to the collection, hell, even SFIII got some terrible reviews and I loved it. Still, it is Capcom so I won't be picking it up at launch as a matter of principle (we have a troubled relationship as of late).
James

Post by James »

The teaser vid is still live on Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... pc-and-ps4). It's more a tip of the hat to the Street Fighter series and legacy than a reveal of gameplay or anything, but it does confirm that Street Fighter V will be "exclusively" on PC and PS4. :o
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah, until the 'Special Champion Edition' comes out for the Xbox One.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yes! Cannot wait
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Not sure how many other people here care about this, but I found this to be some excellent news. They're re-releasing DmC and DMC4 on PS4/XB1! They're fixing every problem I had with the gameplay with DmC (notably 60fps and manual lock-on), and then some, as well as some tweaks to DMC4, which they're implying might mean Vergil is playable.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/bl ... ial-teaser
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Great are they also removing the color coded enemies?If so DMC will be really good but the lock-on helps already. Also does anyone else feels this is Capcom putting the fate of the series in the hands of the fans now? Because they both got anounced at the same time and there`s a split beteween the people that really liked DMC and want a sequel and the people that liked the old series more and want a DMC5,is this the way Capcom is judging which direction to take?
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

That seems to be a question a lot of people have brought up about this release. It could have some truth to it, but I don't think as much is dependent on how these games sell as people think there is. Perhaps it's more looking at how much people want DMC in general. DmC first time round apparently didn't sell very well, so they might just be looking to try and bump up sales for that. Capcom have also been making noises that they've hear the fans' calls for a return to the old style, so the re-release of DMC4 is perhaps just a way to restart that again. I think it would be a bit unfair to pit DmC and DMC4 directly against each other though. DmC is way more relevant than DMC4 as this point. Plus there was a lot more room to improve with DmC, unless they decided to rebuild half the game with DMC4. I doubt that though.

And I don't think they're getting rid of the colour-coded enemies in DmC. I don't see why people disliked that in the first place though. It's not intrusive, and a lot of games used techniques like that, and people don't usually complain.