Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
Alex79uk

Re: Videogame News

Post by Alex79uk » November 1st, 2019, 9:06 pm

I must admit, I'm not sure there's a single Blizzard game that appeals to me. I'm not sure I could think of a worse way to spend two hours, and I watched a whole Nintendo Direct for a game I have no intention of playing :lol:

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo » November 1st, 2019, 11:16 pm

Well I’ll be getting Overwatch 2. Love that game.

clippa

Post by clippa » November 2nd, 2019, 1:22 am

Yeah, if there's an open beta again, I'll download it with my arms folded, decide it's fab and buy it.
I watched a minute or 2 of someone playing the sorceress on yootoob and I'm feeling a lot better about diablo too, it must just have been sitting watching that damn thing for two hours, sapping the very life out of me, I felt like there was a golfball in the middle of my brain and my room was too hot even though it was cold and the heating wasn't on.
I stretched my legs, cuddled my dog and watched some gogglebox and felt loads better.
I usually just skip those horrible press conference advert things and read the headlines after, I'm gonna do that from now on, no matter how likely it is that someone dressed as winnie the pooh in a mei mask is gonna rush the stage with their arse out.
Fuck me! How is it past 1 already?

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » November 11th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Skyrim is eight years old today.

:cry:

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo » November 11th, 2019, 9:48 pm

I don’t remember if it even *has* a credit roll. Finishing the main storyline is just one of the quest lines in the game.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » November 11th, 2019, 9:55 pm

God knows, I've never finished a Bethesda game despite putting probably over 100 hours in to Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 and 4 each!

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 1:13 am

Ooh, stardew valley but you're a witch!
Coming autumn next year to steam, maybe ps4 and switch after.

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard » November 12th, 2019, 10:33 am

ThirdMan wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 9:45 pm
Have many people on here actually seen the credits roll on it? I must have stated it at least 6 times across 4 different systems. 35 hours on the PS4 was my most substantial effort.
I was approaching 400 hours on my 360 save and still had the vampire dlc to go. Happily married with several homes across Skyrim.

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 10:59 am

Totalbiscuit nailed it for me when he was said it was as wide as an ocean but with the depth of a puddle.
The previous elder scrolls just about got away with it all but skyrim just felt so ... flimsy and hollow. It was the end of the line for me, I won't be back.

46 hours according to steam. I can't imagine a game like that having ending credits, it's an open world game with supposedly end game content after you've done all the story missions.

Suits

Post by Suits » November 12th, 2019, 12:39 pm

Skyrim is easily one if the best games I’ve ever played.

I found it immersive, compelling, rewarding and fun.

I’ve played it through many number of times, lots of different builds and enjoyed it each time. Xbox 360, Xbox One and Switch.

No weapon or armour mage was probably the most fun build.

I used to love going out without anything and only using what I’d come across and see where it would take me.

Que Clippa calling me a carrot, or trying to mug me off in some other for never reading War & Peace properly or 1CC’n Bubble Bobble - come at me softcock.

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Haha :lol:
I find it surprising is all. Have you played any other elder scrolls games?
One of my best friends from school moved down to london and we lost touch and he got back in touch with me a few years ago and added me on steam. He had something like 600 hours in skyrim!
Deleted him instantly.
You think you know someone.

Those games aren't about the gameplay, you have to embrace the smoke and mirrors and not look behind the curtain, and I could do that gladly with the others with some effort, but skyrim, I just couldn't.

Did you ever play the first risen? The eurojank was real, but I really enjoyed that.

Suits

Post by Suits » November 12th, 2019, 1:06 pm

No, the only other ES game I played was Oblivion on the 360 - which equally blew my mind at the time but I do admit I enjoyed Skyrim more.

In fact, Oblivion was the game that forced me to get a HD TV for my 360 so that I could actually see the spell I had equipped in the bottom right.

It also really opened my eyes in terms of what console games had got too with the release of the Xbox 360.

I’d previously been locked in a multi year PS2 and the latest Pro Evo cycle for about 5/6 years.

But yeah, Skyrim - I really love.

Suits

Post by Suits » November 12th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Sonic looks a lot better.

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Suits

Post by Suits » November 12th, 2019, 7:14 pm

ThirdMan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Skyrim had a third-person option but it positioned the avatar slightly to the left and closer to the camera than is normal. Again, it just didn't feel or look right.
If you press L3 in, then tilt R3 forward and back in 3rd person mode, you can adjust the draw distance in the camera quite a lot.

It really makes a huge difference.

FWIW, I find 3rd person mode almost essential for Mage builds.

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 7:22 pm

First person or bust for me, but most console folk seem to prefer third person for a lot of things I find. Maybe it's a pad/mousey keyboard thing?

Any video I put on yootoob always gets like 10-20 views but this one proper blew up, 44 thousand views! I'm a youtube sensation!

Suits

Post by Suits » November 12th, 2019, 7:27 pm

ThirdMan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Suits wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 7:14 pm
ThirdMan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Skyrim had a third-person option but it positioned the avatar slightly to the left and closer to the camera than is normal. Again, it just didn't feel or look right.
If you press L3 in, then tilt R3 forward and back in 3rd person mode, you can adjust the draw distance in the camera quite a lot.

It really makes a huge difference.

FWIW, I find 3rd person mode almost essential for Mage builds.
Brilliant, thank you. I own it on Switch and I just know I'll make another run at it. That's great to know.
It was a real game changer for me and would often tailor it on the fly to suit what was going on.

Especially for certain character builds (Thief, Mage, etc...).

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 7:41 pm

ThirdMan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 7:33 pm
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 felt great!
I didn't bother with the second one but I loved the first one so much! Was great fun being the elf with the crossbow and the double daggers, jumping about and slicing up rats!
Would be great if they made a roland rat mod for it, imagine looking over the top of a hill and seeing a sea of them all lurching towards you going "nyeeeah!" terrifying.
Yeah, it's very rare first person melee combat feels good but they did it really well in that.

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 7:47 pm

He was a global superstar, wasn't he? Pretty sure he was always banging on about it.

clippa

Post by clippa » November 12th, 2019, 8:15 pm

Your lot gave the world Dustin the turkey as well, didn't they? :lol:
We used to have shows where clive james or chris tarrant would sneer at all the weird crap on foreign telly but I imagine the rest of the world was having a good old hearty guffaw at all the stuff we were churning out round about the same time.