All things Batman

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Testtube27

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight

Post by Testtube27 »

Alex79uk wrote:I reckon it'll be Alfred.
Theres actually a "what if" story where it turns out Alfred was the Joker this whole time, its crazy and stupid but a fun twist
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ha really? I've got 100's of batman books but never read the What If's. I'll have a look for it!
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

I haven't played any of Origins, but I am really hoping that Azrael plays a big part, his side quest and the Zsasz calls were my favorite parts of City
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I'm hoping that we see more of Hush after his cool entrance in City.
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

Bakers_12 wrote:I'm hoping that we see more of Hush after his cool entrance in City.
Well Hush is my top pick for the identity of Arkham Knight, a rumoured leak came out last year saying Hush would play a major part in Arkham Knights story and then less than 24 hours later the first trailer came out, looked to me like Rocksteady saying "Hey look over here! cool trailer! what leak! trailer trailer!"
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

Alex79uk wrote:Ha really? I've got 100's of batman books but never read the What If's. I'll have a look for it!
its in a book called "whatever happened to the caped crusader"
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah yeah I've seen that on the shelves a few times, always meant to pick it up. Thanks!
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

So the new story trailer dropped yesterday, good to see cool little nods to the past games, such as the scars on Two-Faces cheek from City.
It was weird seeing Firefly turn up though, I was under the impression that Origins didn't really count continuity wise.

anyone else got any thoughts on the trailer?
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

[quote="Testtube27"]
It was weird seeing Firefly turn up though, I was under the impression that Origins didn't really count continuity wise.

quote]

Rockstedy did seam to discount Origins when Knight was anounced , but it does not mean that they will not do there own take on elements from that game. Firefly was mentioned brifley in asylem as a riddler clue after all.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Arkham Knight taking the background. Not sure about the "new" poison ivy. Still cannot wait though.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Disappointed to hear it's been postponed 3 weeks. Now officially released on 23rd June.

I suppose it was to be expected these days. I still think it's gonna be worth the wait however it's frustrating, especially with a pre-order. I guess the the age old argument of whether you want it original release date with bugs and wait for patch or wait a little longer and hope they fix it before hand.
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

So the new Scarecrow sections will be driving sections by the looks of it, bit disappointed as I really enjoyed the on foot sections from Asylum, hopefully there will still be those 4th wall breaking moments or hallucinations like the Wayne murders again
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I'm guessing you have seen the new trailer for the playstation preorder bonuses. I'm sure there will be more Scarecrow shenanigans outside of this content!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

That limited edition ps4 is quite uninspiring.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I still want it anyway...

:oops:
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

I wonder if someone won one would they sell it on or keep it? [emoji6]
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The_Rooster wrote:I wonder if someone won one would they sell it on or keep it? [emoji6]
For £1000? Yep :)
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

So less than a week to go, thought I'd get this discussion back on the front page,

Anyone been burned by the cancellation of the Batmobile Edition?
Beck

Post by Beck »

I've been put off buying the game at launch because of all the DLC and Season Pass stuff, I'm so bamboozled with it all that I'm going to hold fire and wait until it's more clear. The Witcher is keeping me busy and I don't think I'm that far into it, I like to finish one game before starting another :shock:
James

Post by James »

Not burned by that, though it was surprising news (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... -cancelled).

Honestly, I was just coming around to the idea of playing this game at release when I realised what a pain WB's pre-order/platform exclusivity is to navigate. I'm sure it's not that complicated to make sense of the various options, but it's leaving me tempted to walk away from the game until a complete edition comes out next year.