Grand Theft Auto / GTA Online

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
NokkonWud

Re: All things Grand Theft Auto

Post by NokkonWud »

It won't allow me to get jiggy with a street walker as a female. :-(
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

It let me :)
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

Just finished GTA V and after being disappointed by a lot of IV this has impressed me from start to finish.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I finally managed to get a hold of this, and I've been enjoying it so far.
Jumped into some multiplayer, which was eye-opening about how vast the map is.
Can anyone tell me if the character stats actually matter at all? I found myself cycling up and down the beach with Franklyn last night to try and max out my Stamina (I was also pulling off some BMX hobo vaulting which was fun)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

If your stamina isn't maxed you can bring on health-sapping palpitations by hammering the action button. However, repetition will build up your stamina to the point that eventually you can bash away with impunity.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

yeah, I managed to make Micheal collapse while trying to race someone to the beach while playing last night.
I was in the lead and everything!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Right I'm on board, anyone online on 360?
Skypotter1138

Post by Skypotter1138 »

Yep send me a friend request. GT is Skypotter
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Set my guy up online today and did a race and span off straight away and wasn't able to catch up. Setting up your character was a ball ache (parents/grandparents!?). But it runs great.

Its great recognising LA from LS though, it's a weird sensation.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

After spending more time than I would have envisioned with the iFruit app on the iPad and although it works with the game on a relatively simple level, I'm really quite curious and excited to see what becomes of phone/tablet integration in games over the next few years.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Loneliest Robot in great Britain! :D
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Finished my first heist. I really enjoyed the planning and execution and swapping between Michael and Franklin. I really really don't like Trevor, can't think of a game where I've found who I'm playing as so horrible. I'm sure I'll warm to him as I find out more about him....
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

DomsBeard wrote:I really really don't like Trevor, can't think of a game where I've found who I'm playing as so horrible. I'm sure I'll warm to him as I find out more about him....
I know I did, so much so that by the end he was my favourite character of the three.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Trevor is the only character I liked from start to finish, at least he has character. Micheal is a whinging prick for most of the game, with a tedious family that goes nowhere. And Franklin either jumps to Micheal's tune, or hangs out with Lemar who throws out the N word like it's going out of fashion.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

The in-game media, whether it be radio, television or cinema, has always been something that has stood out but the sheer variety of it in V is astounding.

The amount of work that has gone into this stuff, stuff that could so easily be missed whilst playing, amazes me. Stuff such as this Piswasser TV ad*.

*Nice use of some Red Dead assets.

Sure it's offensive and perhaps more over the top than the rest of the game but I've always seen it as deliberate satire on todays advertising anyway and as that, I sure found this stuff amusing.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

More free stuff landed yesterday for those of us who are still investing time with the online with addition of the Business Pack, this included; all new weapons (I liking the super carbine), clothing, vehicles and haircuts. I like that they keep trickling these little free hors d'oeuvres out, keeps things ticking over until they release the premium stuff.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

it's a crying shame they didn't start trickling these things out a little sooner, there's virtually no one left on my 360 friend list who is playing this any more.
For a game that was so massive, I find this a little mind boggling.
Is it a sign of games becoming much more disposable these days, or is it a case of unfortunate timing, releasing a game on the cusp of a new generation of consoles?
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Didn't help that it was dodgy as hell when it came out. And the death-match modes were utterly tedious. You'd either run out of your own ammo, or be put against people with vastly superior weapons.
Maybe with friends it's fun, but lone-wolfing it got pretty boring,and I traded it long since.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

At the time of writing this I've played 276 hours of online in GTAV and of that I only ever played a single competitive death match (which amounted to only 2 mins and 8 secs in play time). This game's strength lies in the contact missions where you play co-operatively and I've never gotten bored of this and with the promise of even more involved set-ups when the heists are included, I can see me putting in many, many more hours to come.
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

I echo what Jay said.

The multiplayer is all about playing with friends, not lone wolfing. There are far to many numptys playing this in random rooms. When ever we play theres always no less then 5 of us on it at a time, in a private game and we have an absolute ball. GTA MP has always been this way, same with 4 and same with 3.