Windows 10 gaming stuff

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Guy_JD

Windows 10 gaming stuff

Post by Guy_JD »

So Microsoft have finally revealed all the ins and outs of it's new OS, some of the key bits I've been reading about will have a massive impact on gaming.

They've said xbox live will be built in to the new OS and cross platform multiplayer work between Xbox One and PC.
Xbox users will be able to stream from their XB1 to any Windows tablet like you can with the PS4 and Vita.
And then to top it all off they are giving it away free to people that already own Windows 7/8.

I like the streaming idea but the cross platform stuff has me worried, surely that's opening up a whole hornets nest of game hacking, unless they get it right there will be a whole lot of pissed off Xbox users.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandsc ... ar-AA8rj7c
magicjoef

Re: Windows 10 gaming stuff

Post by magicjoef »

My concern is that it will be half arsed on the PC end of things in the same way that GFWL was. I also don't want yet another client I have to download and play games through, as I suspect they will try and sell PC games through a Store App on Windows 10? Would prefer for cross platform stuff to stay cheap and easy to get via Steam which is where the majority of PC library lives these days.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

They did show some Steam integration in their keynote, but from what I can make out this was just for saving video clips and screenshots to add you your xbox live activity feed. I'm hoping because this is built in to the OS and not just an addon like GFWL was that they might give it a little more time on the design table.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

step right up and buy your fresh bottle of snake oil, going cheap at twice the price.
Includes EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED!*
*Actual results may vary
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

lol well the new tech preview with it all built in should be available soon, we'll know then.

Here's a more gaming focused article from The Gadget show
http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/news/wha ... gen-gaming