NHL 15

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
jbtheskater

NHL 15

Post by jbtheskater »

I have been on the fence about picking NHL 15 up since it was released. It seemed to get fairly mixed reviews, the majority of critics bemoaning the lack of content within this year's version.

I have such good memories of NHL games and playing local multiplayer (albeit 4-5 years ago now!). Does anyone have this year's edition and if so would you recommend picking it up?
Alex79

Re: EA Sale - NHL 15

Post by Alex79 »

No idea but I still play the old Megadrive versions of the game quite often!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Same here mate, sorry. I have NHL14 sitting on my PS3 hard drive for months but never played it. Must fix that. By all accounts, well, in all the reviews ive read, 15 has even less custimization, options and modes in it. But they were release date reviews, could have undergone some changes through patches since that.
jbtheskater

Post by jbtheskater »

Appreciate the feedback nevertheless!

I was playing the Madden/NHL megadrive double header on the Retron5 last weekend which got me in the mood for giving them a go on the XboxOne. I may just take a punt (pun not intended) on them both since they likely won't get much cheaper than they are now!
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I picked this up after briefly (very briefly) playing my friends copy over Shareplay on PS4. I was so impressed that I'd decided I was grabbing it as soon as there was a sale. Around £16 on US XB1 store was good enough for me!
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I haven't played it, but I just looked up some footage. The visuals look amazing! (Not very helpful, but had to comment on that animation :) )
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

magicjoef wrote:I haven't played it, but I just looked up some footage. The visuals look amazing! (Not very helpful, but had to comment on that animation :) )
Yeah, it seems like NHL seems to be EA's test bed for the technology a year before it appears in the Fifa/Madden titles, so they always look amazing!