Star Wars: Battlefront

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Just gonna leave this here and say that November 17th has been well and truly marked on my calendar.

Lego Solo

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by Lego Solo »

It's gonna be a great Christmas for Star Wars fans. Going to need some gameplay footage before I commit though.
Pilgr1m

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by Pilgr1m »

Really?
Cress1968

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

Post by Cress1968 »

I think I wee'd a little bit.., roll on November.. This is probably the earliest I've ever pre ordered a game!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Given that the Battlefield titles are possibly the biggest, most intense multiplayer shooters on the consoles to date and look amazing at times. I have faith that what we're seeing is what the game is gonna look like (and the fact that the websites are saying what they've been shown running on a PS4 looks truly amazing) since, in truth, it isn't a million miles away from what they've already achieved on the current generation consoles on a game that was released in 2013. It's easy to image a Hoth setting whilst playing on the likes of Operation Whiteout on Battlefield 4, so I'm gonna hope for the best and imagine that there will be a fair number of blasting the hell out of each other come late November.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Interestingly, the game is connected to the film too, taken from The Verge:
According to Battlefront design director Niklas Fegraeus, who previewed the game to the press yesterday, after the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi the Rebel Alliance and the Empire met up again for a final "pivotal" showdown that shaped the future of the galaxy. That massive fight was the Battle of Jakku — and it’s going to be playable in Battlefront as a free download.
Since Jakku being the desert planet being shown in the film trailers, it means that this sequence from the game...

..is what leads to this moment in the film, which is kinda cool.

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Day one purchase. Cannot wait.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Reading through some of the comments on the official Facebook posting of this clip and ignoring the trolls and the thick ones that think it's a ps4 exclusive, I'm amazed at how many are saying the game will look nothing like this at all. As mentioned by Jay the battlefield games look superb and I have no doubt that this game will live up to its hype. Whether it has any of the normal teething problems that the battlefield games usually have upon release is yet to be seen. I think that given the importance of this game title and the fact the film is being released I would reckon they will make just that extra effort to ensure its smoother than normal release.....
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

The trailer is great but Im a little worried the fact that this is releasing so close to the movie doesnt really inspire much confidence in me to be honest,I know this has been in development for awhile but I cant shake the feeling of this being rushed to coincide with the movie and there's also the issue of the latest Battlefield launches that have been complete disasters thanks to EA pushing them out the door and hell this is Battlefront I'd guess alot more people are gonna jump in at launch than the previous Battlefield titles,I hope Im wrong though and it turns out great because Battlefront is the only Battlefield game I ever liked so Im looking foward to it.
Pilgr1m

Post by Pilgr1m »

However you spin it there will always be people waiting to be negative just for the sake of it. Games are a meant to be enjoyed, which is something I have done for well over thirty years. I certainly don't feel I have to justify spending £50 day one on of the best known and loved franchises of all time.
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

This trailer has sold me on the next generation. I'll admit that I'm riding on a wave of Star Wars love right now after 'that' trailer, but this looks huge fun. Just make sure I can play as an Ewok, EA!
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

Everything I have read about the game so far is making me really excited. While space battles would be cool, they were pretty mediocre in Battlefront 2, and I am fine without them. Split Screen co-op is also a HUGE bonus. I am a big fan of couch co-op/multiplayer, and with so many multiplayer games just throwing it out, I am glad that Battlefront will at least have something I can do with my brother and friends.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

That looks gorgeous! It'll be definitely be high up on my wish list. Hopefully some PCers on the forum pick it up :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Well this just landed!.

It's like someone went into my brain and imagined the Star Wars game I've always wanted.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Very much looking forward to some epic Cane and Rinse game nights with this!
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

This looks awesome!

[jedimindtrick]
I can't wait to pick this up on PC so we can all play together ;)
[/jedimindtrick]
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Your mind powers will not work on me, boy...

I'm getting it for Spectrum.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Will be grabbing this on PS4 since that's were my childhood friend and life long Star Wars partner will be. Hopefully a hand full of CnRers will be there too :)
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

I'll be on PS4 too. I expect it to dominate my life far too much in October, the trailers have been getting me excited almost as much as the film has.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

:lol: With this and Fallout 4 out in quick succession I expect to be divorced by Christmas!