All things Halo

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Rare

All things Halo

Post by Rare »

The latest making of Halo 4 video:

Also for those interested The Halo Bulletin: 9.12.12:
http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/po ... 91212.aspx
Dante Fireseed

Re: Halo 4

Post by Dante Fireseed »

I still love playing the new Halo game every time a new one comes out, purely for playing the single player on heroic and then couch co-op with a friend on legendary. There's few better game experiences, but I have to admit I have zero interest in the MP these days, so it will probably just be a rental this time around.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Reach is the only Halo game that I've enjoyed, and, the early footage of H4 looked pretty awesome. Safe to say I'm pumped for this.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I'm with Dante on this, I'll be renting this for the Campaign. I love Halo multiplayer, I put hours into 3,ODST and Reach. These days though with being up at 3-30, I'm too tired to devote myself to it in the evenings.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Definitely a rental for me, it's difficult to commit any kind of time to MP nowadays unless someone wants to come steal my copy of Skyrim! :)

I loved Reach/ODST but I think I was done with Halo after that so I was surprised when this was announced. The Anniversary edition didn't fill me with confidence either.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I'll be getting this and playing MP pretty much every night with the likes of W1DGET from here and others. Will be running 'official' nights on it too, so anyone who is tempted to jump into MP but was worried of having no one to play with, fear not, there will be lots of C&R shenanigans going on with this. Buy it!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

NokkonWud wrote:I'll be getting this and playing MP pretty much every night with the likes of W1DGET from here and others. Will be running 'official' nights on it too, so anyone who is tempted to jump into MP but was worried of having no one to play with, fear not, there will be lots of C&R shenanigans going on with this. Buy it!
Mr Mcfluffin and I have been playing every Sunday on Reach for the last year or so.
Mr Fluffin is currently in process of moving from Sweden back to the UK, so he's fallen off the internet for a while.
I'm excited about halo 4, and will probably continue to be playing every Sunday. I'm trying to avoid watching anything else about halo 4 now though, I'm going to try and keep it all as something lovely and exciting for when it comes out.

Back in the days of Halo 3 I used to play regularly with about 10 other people, and it was great fun to get custom games on the go.
I really do hope we can pull together enough people form the community to make this happen again.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

damn you guys, now i'm getting a bit convinced to buy it instead and play MP. *shakes fist*!!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Dante Fireseed wrote:damn you guys, now i'm getting a bit convinced to buy it instead and play MP. *shakes fist*!!
...join us...
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Pretty excited by this, to be honest and I don't really have an affinity for multiplayer despite its obvious quality. I love play Halo games, solo on normal and then legendary. It just seems right, ya know?
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

dezm0nd wrote:Pretty excited by this, to be honest and I don't really have an affinity for multiplayer despite its obvious quality. I love play Halo games, solo on normal and then legendary. It just seems right, ya know?
normal so you can soak up the story
legenday, because you can then try to pick your way through the game.

Unless you start playing co-op, when I always start out on hard or legendary.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

hell yes, been playing halo on legendary co-op at least once a year every year since 2002 with a friend. It's a bit of a christmas tradition.
W1DGET

Post by W1DGET »

This is probably my most wanted game this year, from what I have seen so far it looks like 343 have done an excellent job and I'm looking forward to getting hands on at Eurogamer Expo to see if it still has the 'Halo' feel.

I have booked time off work for the last few (Halo 3, ODST, Reach) but thanks to the release date being pushed back in to November rather than the usual September release I won't be able to due to holiday rules at work. This means I will have go dark on all things Halo in the run up to release until I have finished campaign. :D
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just got an email re Halo 4 and the name of the new enemy confused me for a minute.
Spoiler: show
I read it as Protheon's and was expecting Javik v Master Chief. Oh and when I read it right I'm now expecting Engineer's from Prometheus
SnakeyDave

Post by SnakeyDave »

I am incredibly excited about this. Everything I've seen so far has been encouraging. Can't wait to find out what it's like.

I'm a big fan of the MP so will be definitely up for some C&R halo fun times. gtag: Fez The Bear
Still playing reach a bit at the mo if anyone fancies a game.

Getting day 1, midnight launch, providing there's one near here. First playthrough heroic on my own. Legendary on my own a bit later as well, plus Co-op.

Also really excited for spartan ops, it seems like a clever way to get people who are perhaps intimidated or not that into the multiplayer to play the game regularly. Firefight was great, but it's a very static game mode. Having an objective and a sense of forward progression is far more appealing to me.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I played some Halo 3 when I got my 360, but that's all I've really experienced with the series.

If this is going to be a community favourite for multiplayer though, I would be very interested...
Rare

Post by Rare »

It looks like with Halo 4 mp they're bringing the fun back, don't get me wrong Halo 3 & Reach were good but not as fun as Halo 2. I think 343 are going all out to make the best Halo yet.
RoboticMonk3y

Halo 4

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Has anyone seen the new 'weapons' trailer for Halo 4?

Makes me excited about the multiplayer. Some of the multi-player action almost looked to me a bit like unreal tournament.
However...
dubstep?
really!?
is nothing sacred any more!?!?
Sean

Post by Sean »

Kinda bummed my gold sub expires in a week, as, I'd like to give this a go, online.

The hype is getting pretty big.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

It's going to be amazing. Thankfully subscriptions are cheap now.