Batman: Arkham Knight (spoilers Included)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Testtube27

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (Spoilers Included)

Post by Testtube27 »

Are many people getting the season pass, the recently released Batgirl DLC has had mixed reviews so far, but it has been revealed that there is Batman 89 DLC skins coming :)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Zero interest in buying any DLC for it. Didn't for any of the previous ones either. It just doesn't strike me as the kind of game that needs expanding on.
deacon05oc

Post by deacon05oc »

Not sure about getting the season pass, would be interested in anything story related similar to the Batgirl story.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'll be getting the Batgirl DLC once I'm home. I think it's £6, I won't be getting the season pass as map packs will probably be involved and they've never interested me.
RobC

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (spoilers Included)

Post by RobC »

Well, I thought I'd slog through 100% before hitting the past Arkham Knight ending, got done with everything bar the Riddler trophiesm. I've rinsed it threat two days, got about 180/243 and I realised how utterly sick of the game I was getting. I was really enjoying myself before i decided for 100% and now I feel like any good will has just been ebbed away, so I decided to say screw it and just do the last Arkham Knight mission, which was great, now it looks like I'm in the same position as Flabyo though. It will only let me see the Knifhtfall protocol stuff with 100%........ Nope.

I'm in a really uncomfortable position with this game now, I loved it, now I hate it and have no closure either way.
God Damnit!
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I 100% Arkham Knight at the end of last week and I only have one main criticism and that’s the side missions.
Spoiler: show
In City the side missions where interesting from a game play and story stand point, In Knight half of them where about taking down the militia in a standard fight, and the few members of Batman's rouges gallery you meet are taken down very quickly and easily. After Hush brilliant intro in City I seemed like a bit of a let down that he only pops up in a single encounter that you don't really have much to do in. It felt more like a box that needed to be ticked than a part of the whole.
Over all I really enjoyed the ride. I be doing the Harlly story soon
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Most of the side quests end with press L1
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I realised something about this game last night...
Most of Batman's gadgets are necessary ONLY for the Riddler trophies.

In previous games you needed to use all of the gadgets you had to traverse the story missions, here that's only the case for a small handful.

You *need* to use the line launcher only once. Same with the thing for powering up generators.

Whole bunch of stuff never gets used in the main story at all. The bat claw, the freeze grenades...
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'm going to buy the "Keaton" DLC as he is my favourite bats, wish they could record the whole game with his voice though that would be superb. I imagine they'll be a "Bale" dlc at some point too.

Story wise I wish they had the balls to
Switch the game to play as Robin or Azrael half way through, well about the time you are rearranging the rods and the joker appears. The plant explodes and you switch to Robin who in my opinion was criminally underused in the game. Story carries on and eventually you have to take down the Joker infused Batman. They should have completely removed the Arkham Knight character and done this instead.
Still like the game but feel it had so much more potential.
James

Post by James »

DomsBeard wrote:Story wise I wish they had the balls to...
Switch the game to play as Robin or Azrael half way through, well about the time you are rearranging the rods and the joker appears. The plant explodes and you switch to Robin who in my opinion was criminally underused in the game. Story carries on and eventually you have to take down the Joker infused Batman. They should have completely removed the Arkham Knight character and done this instead.
Still like the game but feel it had so much more potential.
I agree. I actually felt the story in Arkham City was over-egged to the point of being a bit of a mess, and I felt much the same in Knight. With a leaner main story, I think this game could've tackled a really interesting aspect of Batman that, whilst being one of the main thrusts of the final sequence, is ultimately bypassed in favour of what seemed like a more regular ending to me.
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

I caned through this in the past few days, and maybe it's the shiny new graphics but I enjoyed this more than I did City. Asylum remains the benchmark, however.

The story was an odd one. On the one hand it felt far more focused than City's, which seemed a bit overloaded with villains. Yet this one felt like it didn't make enough use of the rogues gallery. And the side missions didn't feel as inventive as in previous games; where was the equivalent of the Mad Hatter's level?

I'm assuming a lot of these will appear in the season of rogues, or whatever it's called, dlc, but I'll wait until there's a GOTY edition before deciding whether to double dip and pick up the other content.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Electric Crocosaurus wrote:. Yet this one felt like it didn't make enough use of the rogues gallery. And the side missions didn't feel as inventive as in previous games; where was the equivalent of the Mad Hatter's level?
Totaly Agree with you there.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

So had a dabble tonight as I wanted to fight Deathstroke, I loved the boss fight with him in Origins.
A tank battle?!?!?!?
Poor, Very Poor.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Favourite part of the Deathstroke fight was
After capturing him he says "pull the car over and lets fight man to man"
If only Slade!.

Batgirl dlc was fun and forgettable. The location is good. I'd wait till its half price. I don't feel short changed though £5.79 is the cost of a pint nowadays!.
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

I know what you mean Dom,
I had no idea Deathstroke was in the game, so I thought "awesome a secret boss fight!", but no it was shitty stealth tanks again.
wanted to talk to people about the 100% Knightfall ending, what were peoples thoughts and reactions to it.
and who the hell is the scarecrow Batman at the end
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Testtube27 wrote:wanted to talk to people about the 100% Knightfall ending, what were peoples thoughts and reactions to it.
and who the hell is the scarecrow Batman at the end
My take on the end
That the lasting efects of the fear toxin on the crimanals that stayed in Gotham manifests itself as there biggist fear that being the Batman.
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

So I still haven't picked up the season pass, so far there have been some cool Batmobile and Batman skins but I'm still waiting that meaty story DLC that this game really needs.