Rare Replay

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Rare Replay

Post by ratsoalbion »

I ordered mine from Amazon and it was dispatched late last night, arriving tomorrow apparently...
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Can't stop playing the original Jetpack. The rewind feature is a god send. This week is going to be just about Rare Replay.
James

Post by James »

ratsoalbion wrote:I ordered mine from Amazon and it was dispatched late last night, arriving tomorrow apparently...
So they definitely had stock of it for launch. Logically, they must have sold through their initial stock in pre-orders sometime before I placed mine. Great news! :)

I mean, some folks waiting a few days extra to play the game(s) isn't ideal, but it's great news if it is because this collection is a rampant success!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

iwatttfodiwwfa wrote:So they definitely had stock of it for launch.
Yes, although right up until dispatch my order was quoted as being expected to arrive on launch day which, unless it has somehow managed to hit today's post, doesn't look like it's happening.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

It's absolutely incredible value. £20/$30 is worth it for Blast Corps alone imo. One of my all time favourites.

I'm almost - almost - tempted to buy an XB1 just for this, but then I realise that its a bit silly to buy a next-gen console to play games I've already played when I don't even have time to play new releases these days!
James

Post by James »

At least it's something to add to the list of reasons to buy one, and you'll have these games to look forward to revisiting whenever you do. :)

Was there anything in the MS Gamescom presentation to tempt you further, KissMammal?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Mission 4 on Cobra Triangle can do one. I can't stop them getting in my base and stealing all my mens!

I think I might well have fallen in love with Solar Jetman. I vaguely remember Total magazine reviewing it and thinking it sounded great, but I never had a NES (and it ended up being really hard to find anyway). It's basically a really fancy version of Thrust, and I love it.

I'm finding the NES era stuff more interesting than the prior Spectrum stuff as the Speccy stuff I was there for at the time, but I missed pretty much the whole console side of the 8 bit period, I went from C64 to Amiga to Megadrive...
DomsBeard

Re: RE: Re: Rare Replay

Post by DomsBeard »

KissMammal wrote:It's absolutely incredible value. £20/$30 is worth it for Blast Corps alone imo. One of my all time favourites.

I'm almost - almost - tempted to buy an XB1 just for this, but then I realise that its a bit silly to buy a next-gen console to play games I've already played when I don't even have time to play new releases these days!
I'm exactly the same, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps.

If it had Goldeneye it would have had to have happened.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I think the most amusing thing about Rare Replay is that there are now more N64 games available to play on the XBO than there are on the WiiU's virtual console.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Don't forget, add me to your XBL friends list for snapshot leaderboard stuff!

dezm0nd is my tag :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Have you had a look at Nuts & Bolts yet dez? If so are the technical/emulation issues as prevalent as I've heard?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I've not yet properly had a look about N&B, no. I did play a bit of PDZero and there was a few bits of performance issues which made me wonder if they existed before or was a symptom of BC. I take it you've not got yours yet? :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well it may be waiting for me at home by now. I shall find out when I get home this arvo.
:)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Fingers crossed! :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Installing now. The whole lot!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Not felt gaming pride like this for a while. Absolutely loved it.

KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

B&K: Nuts & Bolts is an absolutely phenomenal game too, one that I sunk dozens of hours into back in the day.

The problem is that in order to enjoy it you have to a)get over the fact that it isn't a true platformer sequel to the previous games, and b)accept that it takes many hours of ploughing through tutorials and hubworlds and generally getting your head round how everything works to start to see the genius within. I wouldn't blame anyone for giving up on it an hour in.
At least it's something to add to the list of reasons to buy one, and you'll have these games to look forward to revisiting whenever you do. :)

Was there anything in the MS Gamescom presentation to tempt you further, KissMammal?
To be honest I genuinely have no idea what was even announced - I'm so hopelessly out of touch these days. I moved to America just over a year ago to start a new job and since then I have not even switched my 360 on once. I have games still sitting there in the shrink wrap!
James

Post by James »

You're in good company, shrink wrap-wise. No matter how much I play, there's always a daunting stack to tackle... a stack that just got 30 games larger! :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Rare Replay update features the Jet Force Gemini modern control scheme. Not sure what else, as it's quite a hefty download just for a control scheme change. HMmm!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I hope I fixes the constant crashes and menu music slowdown. Try playing a lunar jetman snapshot over and over and it will crash 10 times in an hour.