All things Fallout

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

All things Fallout

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'm excited for you folks are already playing or about to play Fallout 4.

Pray tell us of your new adventures in the wasteland of former Boston, nuclear kids...
dezm0nd

Re: All things Fallout

Post by dezm0nd »

I suspect this to be a wasteland of spoilers, so be warned if you're wading into this forum thread with fresh eyes.

It's also a bit of a nightmare regarding GAME pre-orders of the Pip Boy Edition. Another example of pre-orders being a complete waste of effort from a consumer point of view.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Shopto informed me on Saturday that my copy had been posted, I'm hoping for a parcel when I get home today :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Positive reviews so far!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

OVERRATED!
;)
Beck

Post by Beck »

Bugs are overrated =P
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Not even bothering to read the reviews on this one. Bethesda have a formula, it's a formula I enjoy, so I was always going to be getting fallout 4. Shipped Saturday afternoon, but I fully expect it to turn up tomorrow rather than today.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Scores so far round-up for those interested:
Gamespot – 9
Polygon – 9.5
IGN – 9.5
PCGamesN – 8
PC Gamer – 88%
RPS – no score
Eurogamer – recommended
GamesRadar – 5/5
Destructoid – 7.5
Xboxygen – no score
PSU – 9.5
Videogamer – 9
Digital Spy – 5/5
Stevivor – 10
God is a Geek – 9
Game Informer – 9
Xbox Achievements – 9
PSLS – 8
Impulse Gamer – 5/5
JPS – 9.6
GameTrailers – 9
GameReactor (Danish) – 10
GameReactor (Swedish) – 10
GameReactor (Norwegian) – 9
RPGSite – 9
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Flabyo wrote:Not even bothering to read the reviews on this one. Bethesda have a formula, it's a formula I enjoy, so I was always going to be getting fallout 4. Shipped Saturday afternoon, but I fully expect it to turn up tomorrow rather than today.
Me too, ordered it from the PS Store so it's sat on my hard drive.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sounds like, as usual with Bethesda stuff, it's launched with more than its fair share of minor and major(ish) bugs.

Think I'm going PC for the extra frames-per-second potential.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

The bugs for me are part of the charm. If it worked flawlessly I'd feel cheated in some way.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm not sure where to go, I'm on the verge of bumping up my processor while metal gear already played like a dream on the current system but I'm a (relapsed since 2012 but still dedicated to the cause) trophy hunter so I'm not certain on what to do. Either way I'm probably picking it up and I'm sure all 3 systems are decent enough to get the full experience. There's a digital foundry out there already if anyone hadn't seen it yet:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-analysis

Edit: Second watch and I think I'll go PC for this, looks lovely on all of them to be blunt though
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Lego Solo wrote:The bugs for me are part of the charm. If it worked flawlessly I'd feel cheated in some way.
Hmm, maybe, but I'm not sure trust them after Skyrim on PS3. A game so bugged that every patch made it worse. I finally gave up when their latest patch caused an instant crash every time you stepped in to water >_<

Having said that, I'll be all over this as soon as I join the current gen.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Im gonna be the killjoy and say that now that Fallout 4 is out it's the perfect time for you all to play Fallout 1,2 and New Vegas all superior games to any game Bethesda could ever put out =P ,joking aside I would probably be already downloading this if the price of it in Brasil wasnt insane even on steam,so I'll probably wait until a very good steam sale that will happen a year from now to pick this up in the meanwhile I'll probably replay New Vegas again.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

90 minutes in and so far so good. No issues to report bar a bit of slow down when I was in the vicinity of several raiders and a
Spoiler: show
Deathclaw
the latter causing my death.

It looks great too.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Have you gotten enough time to experiment with the dialogue system? Do you think it justifies the switch from the traditional system or is it just a Bioware rip-off?
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

I've had about a week and a half with the game already (for review purposes) and it's actually pretty decent, but it's far from a masterpiece. In short, if you like Fallout 3, you'll like this one. If you're hoping that it addresses any of Fallout 3's many problems, it doesn't.

I don't mean that to sound like I don't like it -- I do, overall -- but I was a bit underwhelmed, particularly when comparing it to the other open-world adventures that I've had this year already.
RobC

Post by RobC »

Mine arrived yesterday and I promptly ploughed a silly number of hours in. Really enjoying myself so far, I don't have the same fatigue some people are reporting as I never played New Vegas and petered out with 3.

Has anyone tried the remote play yet?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

martymcfly3004

Post by martymcfly3004 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Sounds pretty cool: http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/9/970077 ... y-controls
I had no interest in this game really, until I read this. I love remote play, especially if the wife is watching the big tv. I may get this at the weekend.