Bloodborne

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DarthCuddles

Re: Bloodborne

Post by DarthCuddles »

are you pressing up on the D-pad? that gives you 5 bullets but costs you health if that's not it it sounds like a bug I didn't encounter a debuff like that the whole way through the game
FatsoJetson

Post by FatsoJetson »

DarthCuddles wrote:are you pressing up on the D-pad? that gives you 5 bullets but costs you health if that's not it it sounds like a bug I didn't encounter a debuff like that the whole way through the game
Embarrassingly, yes, that was the issue. I knew health was one of the top buttons, just got the wrong side of the controller.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So I've been doing NG+ and some chalice dungeons and while I still think they are kinda lame they provide some good challenge and itens so hey,also I met Blood starved beast there and just realized that thing over it's head it's not a cloth...so yeah that shot blood starved beast into one of the creepiest bosses in the game for me,also that boss on a tiny room not fun unless you enter parry central that then it's fine otherwise you're boned.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've really enjoyed what relatively few hours I've played of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and have only put them down for reasons of time and other commitments. However, this is the game of Miyazaki's that has perhaps grabbed me the fastest and the hardest so far.

I think the key factor is the more aggressive nature of the gameplay. While I can enjoy sneaking around with a shield raised, I find it hugely counter-intuitive. Similarly I've always struggled to get to grips with fighting games which use block/guard buttons (I'm thinking of the MK and VF series' in particular) rather than the 'away' direction on the stick, a la Street Fighter.

My gaming nature dictates that I take the fight to my virtual enemies and Bloodborne rewards this with its dual weapons and the ability to regain health by trading a blow back quickly. So I'm making decent progress with this and having a lot of fun in doing so.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I'm very nearly finished the game, and its super weird to me. On the one hand, its super compelling, I like lots of things in it, I've put 70 hours in, good game. On the other, its so frustrating I've been tempted to smash the disc. Or just never play it again/trade it in.
James

Post by James »

Back on the forums for the first time in a while. Needless to say, Bloodborne has demanded my attention for most of the past month. It completely floored me. :twisted:
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Hahaha so I've been without playing BloodBorne for awhile I was on my NG+ run and had done everything in the game but the final boss and the final "secret" boss of the chalice dungeons the reason being said boss was kicking my ass,so I decided to return today a try an beat her well I got it on the first try! :D blades of mercy FTW! Not only that though I did the same for the final boss
Spoiler: show
Funny thing I actually beat Gehrman on my first try on my first playthrough too which was both awesome but a little disapointing because fighting him was the most fun I've had in the game so i wanted more of that XD, so I was itching to fight him again but seeing everybody names him the hardest boss I was scared that I was gonna get my ass handed yo me but nope it was tough but I managed to take him down first try again and I had just 5 blood vials left and then Moon Presence appeared so i was like "you know Im on a good row let's do this!" and guess what I actually did it! the Burial blade destroyed the Moon Presence and I still got out with 2 vials to spare :D
No joke this row I've had just now is the most rewarded I've felt beating a game since God Hand man this felt good,the BloodBorne magic never ends!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Huzzah! I've been back on Bloodborne this week, thanks to the podcast hiatus.

I believe I'm now entering the latter stages of the game, having recently slaughtered Rom (with a lot of help from a summoned random).
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Yep, now it's gonna go full
Lovecraft
on you. Enjoy!
brutaldeluxe09

Post by brutaldeluxe09 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Huzzah! I've been back on Bloodborne this week, thanks to the podcast hiatus.

I believe I'm now entering the latter stages of the game, having recently slaughtered Rom (with a lot of help from a summoned random).
I'm currently playing through again with a new build and am at roughly the same stage as you so I'll keep any eye out for you! : )
chase210

Post by chase210 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Huzzah! I've been back on Bloodborne this week, thanks to the podcast hiatus.

Are you enjoying it though?

I would like to revise my earlier statement and say, although I haven't played dark souls or demons souls so maybe they're better or something, I love bloodborne. I've played through it 6 times now, got my platinum trophy, its absolutely fantastic.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh yes, I like it very much. I've played some Demon's and a little Dark, and I really like those too, I just haven't managed to commit for any number of reasons.
Bloodborne suits my naturally impatient, gung-ho play-style much more though, which I think is partly why I've stuck with it to the latter stages.

NB: I still fully intend to go back to the Souls games some time though, if actual, real life death doesn't beat me to the punch!

But yeah, fully intending to complete Bloodborne and at least have a look at NG+, as well as the DLC.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

You'll find going back to Demon's and Dark much easier now you've mastered one game of that ilk. Be warned though, you'll struggle to summon help with Demon's and Dark these days. You'll probably have to face the bosses alone. ;)

You can dive into all the Bloodborne lore stuff soon! :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Combine Hunter wrote:You'll find going back to Demon's and Dark much easier now you've mastered one game of that ilk. Be warned though, you'll struggle to summon help with Demon's and Dark these days. You'll probably have to face the bosses alone. ;)
Yeah, that's cool - I'll probably do what Jay did and just grind until I'm sufficiently (over) levelled!

Aren't there ways of manipulating them so you can arrange to summon a mate and co-op though?
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

I know you can on PC
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I have a feeling that my mate Jim Elston (he who I mentioned in the recent GoldenEye podcast) was doing it on PS3.
brutaldeluxe09

Post by brutaldeluxe09 »

me and friend recently played through Demons Souls for the first time each and we were able to summon each other through the normal methods very quickly as their was hardly anybody else around if that helps at all. I'd be quite interested in another play through of Demons too so if you do I may be able to jump in and help out., I say help out, I'm pretty dreadful at it but you know, power in numbers.
brutaldeluxe09

Post by brutaldeluxe09 »

chase210 wrote: I would like to revise my earlier statement and say, although I haven't played dark souls or demons souls so maybe they're better or something, I love bloodborne. I've played through it 6 times now, got my platinum trophy, its absolutely fantastic.
I've played them all now, lots and I think Bloodborne is in a pretty strong position for me at the moment too, I adore it so much. I can't wait for the DLC just to help expand on it all slightly, I hope they do a good service with the extra content such as they did in Dark Souls.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

brutaldeluxe09 wrote:me and friend recently played through Demons Souls for the first time each and we were able to summon each other through the normal methods very quickly as their was hardly anybody else around if that helps at all. I'd be quite interested in another play through of Demons too so if you do I may be able to jump in and help out., I say help out, I'm pretty dreadful at it but you know, power in numbers.
Good to know, thanks BD!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This past week I've progressed past the
Amygdala
boss and am now looking at seeking out some of those extra, hidden bonus areas.

My goodness, to discover all the extra stuff around the back of the start of the game was a thrill, and the fact that the incredible
Castle Cainhurst
is optional content boggles my mind a little bit.