Christmas gaming 2015

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
zen_anarchy

Christmas gaming 2015

Post by zen_anarchy »

So what games does Santa have for you this Christmas ?

I have Nier(ps3), Xenoblade chronicles x(wii u) , Transformers devastation (Ps4) all arriving on Christmas day as presents from family ands friends.

I'm interested on what games you will be receiving this Christmas ,will you be getting the latest titles or do you prefer to get games you may have missed out on in the past couple of years ?
Flabyo

Re: Games for Christmas 2015

Post by Flabyo »

No one ever buys me games for Christmas, cause they know if there's something I want I've probably already bought it, heh. I do get gift cards a lot though, suspect any of those I get might go on assassins creed syndicate in the Jan sales.
macstat

Post by macstat »

Can i exchange games for some free time to play those i have ? :) To be honest i think i bought most of games a wanted at the moment, i just need to sit down and play them.

But if i had to pick something, by looking at my steam wishlist ... i would go with two smaller games. Volume and Sunless Sea. Also Rebel Galaxy looks interesting.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I think this is the first Christmas inow probably 30+ years I've not asked for any games. Not because there aren't any I want to play, there are dozens, but I'm just so time poor at the moment, it's taken me over 2 months to put 7 hours in to MGS 4 (yeah, four!) It just seems pointless adding more to the equation right now. I'm hoping that some sort of global disaster (mutant virus or zombie outbreak) keeps me indoors for a few months in 2016 so I can catch up.
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

macstat wrote:Can i exchange games for some free time to play those i have ? :)

I second and third that statement! Digital sales have left me with quite the backlog. But I'll be traveling a lot next month, so my wife is getting me Yo-Kai Watch and my brother is getting me Steam World Heist, both for the 3DS.
RobC

Post by RobC »

I'll be receiving Rise of the Tomb Raider, more importantly I'll be using the time around Christmas to hopefully finish up the Witcher 3. MSGV is being dangerously close to being sacked off, had an amazing time with the 30 odd missions I've played but it might be the end of the road for me.

I've picked up Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Bros myself for the times over the festive period where I'd rather not do all the obligatory socializing.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Fallout 4, Star Wars, Unchated and a new harddrive for the PS4 are on my gaming list this year. !!
Beck

Post by Beck »

I've asked for Majora's Mask and I hope to pick up Persona 4 again :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I'm tempted to play through Uncharted 2 again this Christmas. I remember getting that on the big day and absolutely loving it.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

My Christmas holiday game looks set to be Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I HOPE YOU GUYS APPRECIATE THIS!
;)

Not sure what I'm getting (if anything) games-wise for Christmas. Currently on my wishlist are (in no particular order):
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. (3DS)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)
The Legend Of Zelda Tri Force Heroes (Nintendo 3DS)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix (PS3)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix (PS3)
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
God of War III: Remastered (PS4)
Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo Wii U)
El Shaddai - Ascension of the Metatron (PS3)
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (Nintendo 3DS)
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Looks like Zelda II is going to be my christmas game too.

An Xbox One with Halo 5 and Tomb Raider are on my christmas list, haha.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hey Josh, can I still borrow your copy of Until Dawn?
;)
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

OH! Yes! Sorry! :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No worries at all, I had Gargles' Rise of the Tomb Raider until yesterday anyway.
:)
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

I've asked for just the one game - Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox One - and I can't wait to get stuck in!

I've got another baby due to turn up almost exactly a month after Xmas day, so have set myself the challenge of getting through it before my gaming life is crippled by exhaustion!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Congrats and good luck with the new arrival Mr Gregstrum!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Thank you sir!
seansthomas

Christmas gaming

Post by seansthomas »

Ah... Christmas. For me, once upon a time it meant a new game to lose hours in, dying multiple times on the final level after taking 2 hours to get there and have your Mum tell you 'That's enough Lucky Dime Caper son...'

Now it revolves around being terrorised by my toddlers latest plastic toy and falling asleep to Doctor Who.

HOWEVER I intend to cram in some decent gaming if I can and I imagine for many of you lot, the break is the perfect excuse to finally complete some outstanding C&R upcoming epics.

So what's on your schedule?

A family reunion around Wii Sports? FIFA with mates? Locking yourself in a dark room with a Domino's and Xenoblade X? Or the holy grail - unwrapping and setting up a new machine (and spending 5 hours downloading an update).
macstat

Re: Christmas gaming

Post by macstat »

I was never very christmassy so I have a lot of time to spend on gaming in blissful solitude;) Recently i realised that i havent finished many games this year (though i played a lot of them) so I want to finish one or two till the end of the year. Its probably gonna be something i played more recently. Probably something Fallout 4, Mad Max or MGS V.
Craig

Re: Christmas gaming

Post by Craig »

I've a few weeks off without my nearest and dearest also being off so I'm looking forward to not going outside and indulging in some single player games. I have a nice set up for gaming with a Wii connected to a projector but my apartment is pretty small so it's not a permanent fixture. I'm looking to finish my playthrough of link to the past and then head to Mario galaxy or new super Mario brothers for some nice Christmas relaxed gaming.