Games completed 2016

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
mikeleddy83

Re: Games completed 2016

Post by mikeleddy83 »

October - Zero Time Dilemma
Spoiler: show
October - Inside
September - Muramasa Rebirth
September - Dragon's Crown
September - Star Fox Zero
September - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
August - Mega Man 10
August - Steins;Gate
August - Banjo Kazooie
August - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
August - Halo 5
August - Deception IV: Blood Ties
August - Uncharted 4
July - Yakuza 5
July - Street Fighter V: A Shadow Falls
July - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Apr - Everybodys Gone to the Rapture
Apr - Dark Souls 3
Apr - God of War: Ascension
Apr - Skullgirls Encore
Mar - Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
Mar - Metro 2033 Redux
Mar - Metro: Last Light Redux
Mar - Final Fight: Double Impact: Final Fight - Guy
Mar - Halo 4
Mar - Halo 3: ODST
Mar - Firewatch
Mar - Street Fighter V
Feb - Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Feb - Never Alone
Feb - Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Feb - Sunset Overdrive
Jan - Until Dawn
Jan - Game of Thrones E5: A Nest of Vipers
Jan - Game of Thrones E6: The Ice Dragon
Jan - Sin & Punishment
Jan - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Jan - Transformers: Devastation
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

I recently finished Last TInker - City of Colours, which was okay, and Witcher 3 GOTY edition, which was good albeit massively overhyped by the internet. (Surprise!)
deacon05oc

Post by deacon05oc »

I finally finished The Last of Us on PS4 after never completing it on PS3. Also the Left Behind story. Both brilliant although I wish
There wasn't so much combat shoehorned at the end of Left Behind
. Also completed Assassin's Creed Chronicles China. A nice little diversion. I have the trilogy on Vita. Works well for a portable game for me.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

10/02 - Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition (Normal)
19/02 - Killer Is Dead: Nightmare Edition (Normal)
23/02 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (Prince of Darkness)
25/02 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2: Revelations (Prince of Darkness)
27/02 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
02/03 - Portal: Still Alive
08/03 - The Darkness II
25/03 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Normal Castle)
30/03 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
13/04 - Bayonetta (Normal)
24/04 - Hyper Light Drifter
22/05 - Dark Souls III
07/06 - Halo 5: Guardians
15/06 - Dark Souls III (NG+)
24/06 - Darksiders (Normal)
16/07 - Yakuza 5
05/08 - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
23/08 - Metroid Prime (Wii version)
20/09 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
05/10 - Fast Racing Neo - Neo Future Pack (Subsonic)
11/10 - Forza Horizon 3
16/10 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Wii version)

After taking a bit of a break from it I went back and finished off this one finally. I have to say this game was nowhere near as much of a positive experience as the first, but I still feel in two minds about it.

There were a lot of things I did like it about it. Mostly stuff the original did well too. I like the atmosphere and aesthetic of the thing. I especially things like the Luminoth architecture and technology, and the new suits they designed. Some really cool looking areas as well. It has a good soundtrack too, although I don't think it's as consistent in its quality as the first game.

But I have to say the primary feeling I'm coming away with on this one is aggravation. Everything about the game just felt so painfully drawn out everywhere. While I did enjoy exploring around the dense levels and doing all the Metroidy stuff, this one really seemed to be trying it's hardest to outstay its welcome with everything it did. The dark world stuff made exploring around a pain, having to keep track of two different sets of rooms and doors, making it far more complicated than it needed to be. It was just a hassle. A lot of the enemies were also very annoying to fight. A lot of them felt like they had one too many abilities, or 50% too much health to really be fun to fight. The bosses were similarly frustrating. A lot of them felt like they went on for a phase or two too long, with unclear or annoyingly fiddly methods for taking them down.

The game feels like it's trying hard to replicate the first in many ways, but instead of improving on it, simply adding more on top to deal with. Going more extreme with everything, in a way that almost feels antagonistic to the player. Not intentionally of course, but rather as if the game was made under the impression that being harder on the player and forcing them to deal with more made for a more engaging experience. It doesn't.

I ended up finishing with 72% at just under 18 hours. More time spent than the first, with a lower completion percentage. I think that is partly because the game is bigger than the first, but also because I spent a not insignificant amount of time wandering around going the wrong way, or dealing with some other frustration.

I hear Prime 3 streamlines things a lot. Something that some fans may have been disappointed with, but after 2, I'm kind of looking forward to.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I loved the first game (which I played second) and never got on with the second at all. The third game was marvellous, and I still remember that first playthrough like it was yesterday. I was flat sitting for my mate when I was in China. It was a sweltering summer and I sat on the floor in my boxers eating spicy breakfast noodles and playing Prime Evolution and then a little bird, very close to the end, flew in through the window and shat all over the place. I don't know how it got up there on the 40th floor, nor what had happened to it, all its wings were clogged up and it was shaking. I gave him a warm little bath in the sink and fed him some coffee cake (I know that seems like a shit idea but I at least picked the cream frosting off the top) and he had a good few pecks before burying his little head in his wings and waited to die. Not a bad last supper. I cancelled my plans for the day so I could be there with him and got him a tiny bowl of water which was an upturned mini tea pot lid, and I settled back into Metroid, checking on him every so often. I popped out for lunch and dinner downstairs and brought it home and he was still going, shivering but alive. I could barely sleep that night. I woke early the next morning and leapt out of bed and went into the living room. I couldn't see him anywhere but once again, he had shat on almost every surface. He must not have liked the cake, I thought, as I searched for his little cadaver, with a lump in my throat. Next thing, I see it halfway up the curtain, perpendicular to the wall and I couldn't believe my eyes. As I moved closer he started flying round the room like a very mad bird and bashed into the window a few times before settling down on the table. I was ecstatic that he had come back to life basically. I opened the window and after a few minutes, he must have smelled the familiar polluted air and off he went. I finished Metroid sitting on the floor and went out that night for street barbecue and told everyone about the bird, which nobody believed. They thought I'd just cancelled the previous day to play games, which I admittedly would have done. I expect that bird is now as big as a pterodactyl and he will never forget me.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

What a strange sequence of events. I'll have to remember to keep my window closed when I get on to the next game then.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Transformers Devastation(PS4)- Overall Im impressed I certainly went in with lowered expectations but the game more then delivered at least is leagues better the Korra,it does have a bunch of problems and it's nowhere near Platinum's best but it's a solid action game.

The main problems I found are clunky mechanics like the parry which I never felt I could get quite right, the game also commits the capital sin to me of any action game and it's NOT HAVING A LOCK-ON BUTTON which can be maddening at times for example where instead of doing a transformation attack on the enemy you want you can sometimes go to the other side of the screen,also the transformation attacks while initially cool kinda detract from the rest of the combat because every combo ends the same not only that but after you get the charge move the optimal stratagey is to stun lock enemies in a cycle of charge and transformation which isnt very fun for example I destroyed the final boss in less then 3 minutes using that and it wasnt that fullfilling.
There also a bunch of "RPG&loot" elements to the game which are plain boring or redundant like making these buffs in the forms of circuits through these mini-games and the whole synthesis system is not only boring it's also super simplist and I'll say again Nioh does the same thing only better in everyway so you actually want to do that,in here I just wanted to avoid it as much as possible.I also dont understand why the characters have these stats that you can lvl up,this to me only further detracts,along with weapon lvls, from the combat that's supposed to be skill based. Lastly some combat encounters are really bad especially those including multiple "bosses" and those infuriating flyers.

Other then that though it's a solid game the combat despite it's issues it's solid and satisfying and most of the boss fights are great especially with the music that acompanies them,I heard people complain that the game is really short but it didnt feel really short to me,the game does reuses alot of the same enviroments and sometimes resues bosses but I actually found that smart and it didnt bother me at all,also the game has alot of content between side missions,exploring for loot,challenging missions and collectables.I imagine especially people that are really into transformers must really get into that side of the game and explore every inch of the game. Yeah not a bad time by any means but to be honest I dont think I'd lost anything by never playing it.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: Jan - Broken Age (Vita)
Jan - Thomas Was Alone (Vita)
Feb - NiGHTS Into Dreams (Saturn via X360 via XBO)
Feb - Until Dawn (PS4)
Mar - Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Apr - Journey (PS4)
Apr - Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PS1 via Vita)
May - Guacamelee (Vita)
Jun - The Division (XBO)
Jul - Football Manager Mobile 2016 (iOS)
Jul - Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (PS4)
Aug - Wipeout 2048 (Vita)
Sep - Quantum Break (XBO)
Oct - The Legend Of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
Oct - Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons (PS4)
Oct - Batman Arkham VR (PSVR)
Oct - Actual Sunlight (Vita)

This was a very recent PS+ game (maybe last month?) and after reading up on it, it sounded like a really interesting experience dealing with themes that have effected me, not directly, but certainly those very close to me. In the game you jump into the life of a guy in his mid-thirties gripped by depression and self loathing, and go through his daily grind as he tries to deal with his relentless emotional turmoil. It's heavy duty stuff.

There's more reading to be done than there is direct control of the character over what is probably a 90 minute experience, but the writing is largely excellent and while it can become frustrating, teeth-gnashing stuff at times that seems all entirely purposeful on the part of the author/developer Will O'Neill.

It's a game I'd approach with caution depending on your sensibilities and personal circumstances, and it is by no means an enjoyable piece on any level, but I came out of Actual Sunlight feeling like I'd experienced something important - an all too rare thing in video games.
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Jan - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Jan - Escape Plan (Vita)
Jan - That Dragon, Cancer (Mac)
Jan - Super Time Force Ultra (Vita)
Jan - Three Fourths Home (Mac)
Jan - A Bird Story (Mac)
Feb - Super Meat Boy (Vita)
Feb - Bastion (Vita)
Feb - Undertale (Mac)
Feb - Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX (Gameboy Color via 3DS)
Feb - Yo-Kai Watch (3DS)
Mar - Super Mario Bros 2 (NES via 3DS)
Mar - Metal Gear (MSX via Vita)
Mar - Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX via Vita)
Mar - Metal Gear Solid (PS1 via Vita)
Mar - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2 via Vita)
Apr - Out Run (Genesis via 3DS)
Apr - Streets of Rage (Genesis via 3DS)
Apr - Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Gameboy Color via 3DS)
Apr - Super Mario Bros 3 (NES via 3DS)
Apr - SteamWorld Heist (3DS)
Apr - Gunstar Heroes (Genesis via 3DS)
Apr - Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis via 3DS)
May - Metroid (NES via 3DS)
May - Kirby’s Dream Land (Gameboy via 3DS)
May - Super Mario Land (Gameboy via 3DS)
May - Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Gameboy Color via 3DS)
May - Metroid II: The Return of Samus (Gameboy via 3DS)
May - New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
May - Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis via Vita)
May - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis via Vita)
June - Volume (Vita)
June - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii-Replay)
July - Mutant Blobs Attack (Vita)
July - 80 Days (Mac)
July - Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (Vita)
July - Streets of Rage 3 (Genesis)
July - Felix the Cat (NES)
July - Kirby’s Adventure (NES)
July - Super Mario World (SNES via Wii)
July - Fez (Vita)
July - Star Fox (SNES via Wii)
July - Luigi’s Mansion (Gamecube)
Aug - Severed (Vita)
Aug - Guacamelee (Vita-Replay)
Aug - Aladdin (Genesis)
Aug - Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis)
Aug - Kirby’s Pinball Land (Gameboy)
Sep - BOXBOXBOY! (3DS)
Sep - The Room (iPad)
Sep - Zelda: The Minish Cap (Gameboy Advance)
Sep - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (SNES)
Oct - Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube)
Oct - Little Inferno (iPad)
Oct - Prune (iPad)

I had read about this artsy, meditative game where you prune a tree to help it grow and reach the light and then I saw that A) it had a 92 on Metacritic and B) it was half off on the App Store. I beat it last night and I didn't like it very much. The mechanic of pruning and growing the tree is really fickle and unreliable (a big problem later in the game). The music and visuals are trying really hard to channel thatgamecompany and while I don't mind that most of the time, the game straight up copies some of the chirps and chimes from Journey. On top of that there are some visual motifs that are taken directly from Monument Valley. I thought this game was style over substance, but that most of the style was taken from somewhere else.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

ThirdMan wrote:Thanks to Sinclair for switching me onto this.
I'm really glad you tried it out mate and found some real value in the experience. No matter how close to home the issues being portrayed are, I'd wager there are a fair number of broader truths in there that will resonate with many.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Jan 17th - The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the past
Feb 2nd - Gunman Clive
Feb 15th - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Mar 8th - Lara Croft Go: Cave of fire adventure
April 2nd - Starfox 64
May 21st - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Hero mode)
June 29th - Starfox Zero
August 21st - Xenoblade Chronicles X
September 13th - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
September 16th - Tomb Raider: Underworld (Wii)
October 2nd - Little Inferno

October 19th - Starfox Zero (alternate paths)

It dawned on me that I never went back and completed all those alternate paths, so I've done so over the past few days. And I'm so glad I did.

A lot of these challenges are really excellent, bar maybe one that's a reskin, and it felt like finding a whole new game. The dogfights feel like the closest experience I've had on console to being in a Star Wars film. Some of the more plodding early levels of the main campaign get reimagined here and see you taking them on with a Starwing. There was a Death Star surface assault rip off, an asteroid field level to fly through, two entirely new planets and a great final pay off which I won't spoil, but did make me smile a lot.

I really do feel this game was so unfairly treated. You have to reset the controller sporadically, sure, but once those controls click its one of the most interesting games on the Wii U and a beautifully updated take on the original. Its never gonna take up weeks of your life, but its a great blast. Pun intended.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Scrustle wrote: 16/10 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Wii version)
Agree with all that. Found the second one a slog with the odd decent boss fight. And, like Prince of Persia Warrior Within, going darker for a sequel doesn't automatically equate to better or more adult. Just found it dreary at times.

I enjoyed Corruption though. Worth a play once you are in the right headspace to take it on.

Might start Darksiders 2 this weekend. You liked it, didn't you, if I recall correctly?
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

seansthomas wrote:
I enjoyed Corruption though. Worth a play once you are in the right headspace to take it on.

Might start Darksiders 2 this weekend. You liked it, didn't you, if I recall correctly?
I've actually already started on Prime 3. It certainly is very different to the previous games. Not sure what to think of the whole intro. It's pretty un-Metroid like, with lots of plot and characters, and being very directed and linear. But I didn't dislike it, and it did manage to create a somewhat Metroid-like atmosphere with the way you get swamped by lots of horrible creatures that are tearing through your allies all around you. The set piece boss fight at the end was pretty cool too. But it didn't exactly feel lonely, or have that sense of exploration or delving in to a strange place. Since then I have gotten on to the first real level of the game though. So far it still hasn't completely opened up, but it is starting to feel more like Metroid. Although so far it seems to be retaining the theme from the intro of Samus being given orders and told where to go by other characters, rather than exploring because of her own motives.

And yes, I'm a big fan of the Darksiders games. In fact I actually started by fourth playthrough of 2 a few days ago. Not really with the intent of sticking with it though. I just wanted to start up NG+ on my current profile. I recently did some fiddling around with the picture settings on my TV, and I wanted to see how it looked.
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Metroid Prime 3 has my favorite use of motion controls. I thought they really made the game more immersive.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

(Jan) Assassins Creed Liberation HD - PSN.
(Jan) Army of Two:The Devils Cartel - PS3.
(Jan) Assassins Creed Freedom Cry - PS4.
(Jan) Alien Breed Episode 2:Assault - XBOX 360.
(Jan) Beyond: Two Souls - PS3.
(Feb) Bastion - XBL.
(Feb) Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - PSN.
(Feb) Borderlands The Pre-Sequel - PS4.
(Feb) Bloodborne - PS4.
(Feb) Contrast - PS4.
(Feb) Condemned: Criminal Origins - XBOX 360.
(Feb) Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse - PSN.
(Feb) Nihilumbra - PS Vita.
(Feb) Dishonored: Definitive Edition - PS4.
(Mar) Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - PS Vita.
(Mar) Firewatch - PS4.
(Mar) Rainbow 6 Seige - PS4.
(Mar) Duke Nukem Forever - PS3.
(Mar)Tom Clancy's The Division(platinum) - PS4.
(Apr) Ether One(platinum) - PS4.
(May) Dead Space 3 - PS3.
(May) Renegade: Arcade Archives - PS4.
(May) Uncharted 4(hard mode) - PS4.
(May) Dead Space Extraction - PSN.
(May) Double Dragon Neon - PSN.
(May) Doom(platinum) - PS4.
(June) Dying Light: The Following - PS4.
(June) Shadow of the Beast - PS4.
(June) Gone Home - PS4.
(July) Zombie Army Trilogy - PS4.
(July) Layers of Fear - PS4.
(July) Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PS4
(July) The Walking Dead: Michonne - PS4.
(July) The Deadly Tower of Monsters - PS4
(July) F.E.A.R. - Xbox 360.
(July) Metro Last Light Redux - PS4.
(July) Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360.
(Aug) Shadow Warrior - PS4.
(Aug) The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - PS4.
(Aug) The Park - PS4.
(Aug) Murdered Soul Suspect(platinum) - PS4.
(Sept) Double Dragon: Arcade Archives - PS4.
(Sept) Middle Earth-Shadow of Mordor - PS4.
(Sept) Need for Speed:The Run - PS3.
(Sept) Inside - PS4.
(Sept) Homefront:The Revolution - PS4.
(Sept) Rachet & Clank - PS4.
(Oct) Killer is Dead - PS3.
(Oct) Prototype 2 - PSN.
(Oct) Portal 2 - PS3.
(Oct) Halo:CE Anniversary - XBO.
(Oct) Battlefield 1(hardcore) - PS4.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Jan 1: Fallout 4
Jan 12: Doom 3: BFG Edition (Veteran)
Jan 16: Doom 3: Ressurection of Evil (Marine)
Jan 17: Doom 3: The Lost Missions
Jan 26: Rise of the Tomb Raider: The witch DLC thing Baba Yaga
Jan 31: Rainbow Six Siege (All operators unlocked)

Feb 12: Monument Valley
Feb 13: Unravel
Feb 13: Until Dawn
Feb 27: Superhot

March 15: The Division
March 26: The Binding of Isaac (Xbox One)
March 26: Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition

Apr 7: The Binding of Isaac (Golden God)
Apr 9: Quantum Break (Hard)
Apr 16: Kid Icarus Uprising
Apr 18: Lara Croft GO.
Apr 22: Ratchet & Clank
Apr 25: Starfox Zero

May 15: Doom (Ultra Violence)
May 19: Doom (All collectibles)
May 29: Path of Exile

Jun 9: Dangerous Golf
Jun 12: The Park
Jun 12: Gat out of Hell (co-op)
Jun 19: Gun Fright
Jun 19: Knight Lore
Jun 19: Cobra Triangle
Jun 26: Hyper Light Drifter
Jun 29: Inside
Jun 30: Trials of the Blood Dragon

Jul 2: Excitebots
Jul 20: Life is Strange Episode One
Jul 21: Life is Strange Episode Two
Jul 22: Life is Strange Episode Three
Jul 23: Life is Strange Episode Four
Jul 23: Life is Strange Episode Five

Aug 5: Uncharted 4
Aug 9: AM2R
Aug 18: Quake
Aug 20: Grow Up
Aug 28: Deus Ex Mankini Divided

Sep 1: Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Sep 12: Metroid Prime Federation Force
Sep 29: Severed

Oct 2: The Turing Test
Oct 20: Paper Mario Color Splash
Finished Paper Mario Color Splash. It's good even if it has a whiff of vaguer y with its puzzles but overall, it's what Sticker Star should've been.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

23/01 - Advance Wars (Wii U)
29/01 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii U)
06/02 - SOMA (PC)
10/02 - Deus Ex: Revision (PC)
12/02 - Firewatch (PC)
18/02 - Catherine (PS3)
28/02 - SUPERHOT (PC)
28/03 - Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
12/04 - Lara Croft GO (IOS)
24/04 - XCOM 2 (PC)
30/05 - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
05/06 - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
02/07 - Oxenfree (PC)
04/07 - Dark Souls 3 (PC)
11/07 - Inside (PC)
17/07 - Ratchet & Clank (2016) (PS4)
30/07 - DOOM (2016) (PC)
03/08 - ABZU (PC)
14/08 - Fire Emblem: Fates - Conquest (3DS)
18/08 - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (Dolphin)
29/08 - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Wii U)
17/09 - Alien: Isolation (PC)
25/09 - Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches (PC)
22/10 - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

January 2 - Just Cause 3 (PS4)
February 8 - Rise of the tomb raider (360)
March 11 - Life is strange (PS4)
April 24 - Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
May 22 - Uncharted 4 (PS4)
June 18 - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4) Hearts of Stone DLC
July 13 - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4) Blood and Wine DLC
August 2 - Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4)
August 8 - Everybody's gone to the Rapture (PS4)
September 12 - Until Dawn (PS4)
October 2 - Alien Isolation (PS4)
October 18 - The Talos Principle (PC)
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Stanshall wrote: I was flat sitting for my mate when I was in China. It was a sweltering summer and I sat on the floor in my boxers eating spicy breakfast noodles and playing Prime Evolution and then a little bird, very close to the end, flew in through the window and shat all over the place. I don't know how it got up there on the 40th floor, nor what had happened to it, all its wings were clogged up and it was shaking. I gave him a warm little bath in the sink and fed him some coffee cake (I know that seems like a shit idea but I at least picked the cream frosting off the top) and he had a good few pecks before burying his little head in his wings and waited to die. Not a bad last supper. I cancelled my plans for the day so I could be there with him and got him a tiny bowl of water which was an upturned mini tea pot lid, and I settled back into Metroid, checking on him every so often. I popped out for lunch and dinner downstairs and brought it home and he was still going, shivering but alive. I could barely sleep that night. I woke early the next morning and leapt out of bed and went into the living room. I couldn't see him anywhere but once again, he had shat on almost every surface. He must not have liked the cake, I thought, as I searched for his little cadaver, with a lump in my throat. Next thing, I see it halfway up the curtain, perpendicular to the wall and I couldn't believe my eyes. As I moved closer he started flying round the room like a very mad bird and bashed into the window a few times before settling down on the table. I was ecstatic that he had come back to life basically. I opened the window and after a few minutes, he must have smelled the familiar polluted air and off he went.
This is a really sweet story. You got to play one of the best experiences on the Gamecube while you saved the life of another creature, thanks for sharing!
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Jan - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Jan - Escape Plan (Vita)
Jan - That Dragon, Cancer (Mac)
Jan - Super Time Force Ultra (Vita)
Jan - Three Fourths Home (Mac)
Jan - A Bird Story (Mac)
Feb - Super Meat Boy (Vita)
Feb - Bastion (Vita)
Feb - Undertale (Mac)
Feb - Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX (Gameboy Color via 3DS)
Feb - Yo-Kai Watch (3DS)
Mar - Super Mario Bros 2 (NES via 3DS)
Mar - Metal Gear (MSX via Vita)
Mar - Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX via Vita)
Mar - Metal Gear Solid (PS1 via Vita)
Mar - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2 via Vita)
Apr - Out Run (Genesis via 3DS)
Apr - Streets of Rage (Genesis via 3DS)
Apr - Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Gameboy Color via 3DS)
Apr - Super Mario Bros 3 (NES via 3DS)
Apr - SteamWorld Heist (3DS)
Apr - Gunstar Heroes (Genesis via 3DS)
Apr - Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis via 3DS)
May - Metroid (NES via 3DS)
May - Kirby’s Dream Land (Gameboy via 3DS)
May - Super Mario Land (Gameboy via 3DS)
May - Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Gameboy Color via 3DS)
May - Metroid II: The Return of Samus (Gameboy via 3DS)
May - New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
May - Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis via Vita)
May - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis via Vita)
June - Volume (Vita)
June - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii-Replay)
July - Mutant Blobs Attack (Vita)
July - 80 Days (Mac)
July - Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (Vita)
July - Streets of Rage 3 (Genesis)
July - Felix the Cat (NES)
July - Kirby’s Adventure (NES)
July - Super Mario World (SNES via Wii)
July - Fez (Vita)
July - Star Fox (SNES via Wii)
July - Luigi’s Mansion (Gamecube)
Aug - Severed (Vita)
Aug - Guacamelee (Vita-Replay)
Aug - Aladdin (Genesis)
Aug - Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis)
Aug - Kirby’s Pinball Land (Gameboy)
Sep - BOXBOXBOY! (3DS)
Sep - The Room (iPad)
Sep - Zelda: The Minish Cap (Gameboy Advance)
Sep - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (SNES)
Oct - Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube)
Oct - Little Inferno (iPad)
Oct - Prune (iPad)
Oct - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Vita)

It took me several restarts and a lot longer than I expected to beat this, but I'm really glad I finally did. This has been my favorite Metal Gear game so far. The story was interesting and very restrained for a Metal Gear game. The Boss was a really interesting character and I enjoyed the focus on CQC and jungle combat. Lastly, the set pieces (especially towards the end) were great! Previous Metal Gear games had too much back tracking or some annoying bosses in the final stretches that really hurt the momentum of the story. This game ends with a string of really fun encounters and bosses.

I really haven't enjoyed the control schemes for the PS2 Metal Gear games though. Switching from 3rd to 1st person view always felt clunky and slow. I'm glad to be moving on to Peace Walker and MGS4. But that was a lot of fun!