TMNT: Mutants In Manhattan

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

TMNT: Mutants In Manhattan

Post by James »

So... this happened...

Platinum's Transformers: Devastation seems to have given Activision confidence to roll out the TMNT licence to P*! Can't wait! :D
Flabyo

Re: TMNT: Mutants In Manhattan

Post by Flabyo »

Is that Nolan North as Raph? Shades of the rather excellent (and mostly forgotten) CG movie...
James

Post by James »

I hadn't spotted that, but very cool if so. Hopefully the game will pull from several sources; unlike G1 for Transformers: Devastation, I don't feel like there's a natural single source to pick from.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

It does look to be using multiple sources. Bebop and Rocksteady's designs are straight from the first cartoon, but the design of April looks more like the second cartoon's one.
Beck

Post by Beck »

That looks like a lot of fun. I'm quite excited to pick this one up :)

On a side note, does anyone else find those over driven bass effects that appear on most film and game trailers annoying?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

That looks........awesome!!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

The Turtles were my childhood obsession for many years and I still hold a strong interest to this day, so I'm more excited by this than a man in his early thirties should be!

I'm also slightly worried though as Platinum's recent track record with licenced titles hasn't exactly been stellar. Transformers Devastation seems to be considered a shallow but rewarding experience for series fans, but Legend of Korra is regarded as a disaster by all that played it.

Fingers firmly crossed for something similar (or better!) than the former, rather than the latter!

PS - if you're a TMNT fan you should check out the current Batman crossover comic series. It's good fun and only on #2 of a 6 issue run, so you can probably still find both editions fairly easily for now.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I really enjoyed my time with Transformers Devastation despite not being a huge Transformers fan.
Turtles on the other hand were 'the' thing I loved as a kid. The trailer looks great and I'm really excited for this.