Death Stranding

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Simonsloth

Re: Death Stranding

Post by Simonsloth »

I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s so satisfying. It appeals to so many parts of my gaming brain and finishing the final part of someone else’s delivery is immensely gratifying. There’s nothing else like it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I shit myself everytime
Spoiler: show
the Mules are on their way. That musical cue is great and the lights indicating where they are.

One thing I forgot about is how great Kojima introduces characters.
The Higgs one was outstanding
At the end of Chapter 2
the boss fight was great I had a moment where I had nothing left and another player popped up with a grenade which I took and threw at the boss. He gave me the thumbs up and disappeared back into the water like arnie in T2. At that moment I think I got what Kojima was talking about with strands and community

Having never got on with Dark Souls I imagine that's what is was like in places.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

DomsBeard wrote: November 14th, 2019, 5:35 pm I shit myself everytime
the Mules are on their way. That musical cue is great and the lights indicating where they are.
Yes me too. It’s less a worry about losing my life and more about losing my precious cargo and how long it took to get there
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Some of the videos on twitter are incredible and show the unbelievable level of teamwork going on between complete strangers.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I'M IN

CAN'T WAIT
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Had an unscripted section last night was amazing.

First off I drove past a life size hologram of
A Tallneck from Horizon Zero Dawn, no idea how or why.
I was then chased down a narrow ravine by
4 Mules, I had 4 red lights behind me and spears being launched at me left and right, I was carrying too much cargo to go too fast. I approached a dead end and looked around in panic. Luckily I had a ladder so used that to escape by the skin of my teeth. I left the ladder there for other players and have been getting plenty of likes
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Chapter 8 now.

I'm presuming
that was Mads with Die Hardman in the latest flashback with BB
I fell asleep during having to
watch heartman be dead for 3 minutes.
To YouTube!!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've seen many articles or comments moaning about the monster product placement. That seems to have gone by Chapter 5, is that an update that has removed them all or was the sponsorship only to an in game point?
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I still have monster cans and am on chapter 3. I have no urgency to get through the game as I am enjoying it so much.

I don’t know what’s a spoiler but I’ll hide this anyway
I’ve been enjoying supporting other players. Delivering supplies, completing and upgrading their structure and paving my way across America.

I stole a truck from a group of Mules which I can’t repair and with the timefall is slowly deteriorating bit by bit. Soon I’ll be left with a bike again which will seriously limit my deliveries. I suspect in a chapter or two I’ll be able to make my own trucks.

I’m trying to get all the delivery targets to 5 stars too!
The whole experience is immensely satisfying and I suspect if I had played the game in the empty world many of the press reviewing it must have I doubt I would like it as much (or at all!)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

That does kinda concern me, cause it feels like if you wait a year or so before coming to this one you will have missed out on what, to some, seems to be the major selling point.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I know I'm repeating myself, but I really appreciate the enthusiasm here, especially coming from long-time MGS fans like Simon. I was afraid the game would be torn to shreds for various reasons. The multiplayer elements sound really cool from what little I've heard of them.

Haven't clicked on a single spoiler tag yet, btw. Mentally strong.

Not too long to go until I can finally dive in and experience it all for myself now.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Flabyo wrote: November 21st, 2019, 2:32 pm That does kinda concern me, cause it feels like if you wait a year or so before coming to this one you will have missed out on what, to some, seems to be the major selling point.
I don't think this will be an immediate concern, maybe if you take three or more years to get around to it you may find a differing experience to those who have played it earlier. However, I genuinely believe this game is gonna have legs in much the same way that thatgamecompany's Journey has, in that many years after its initial release you can still have a meaningful interaction with other players.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Flabyo wrote: November 21st, 2019, 2:32 pm That does kinda concern me, cause it feels like if you wait a year or so before coming to this one you will have missed out on what, to some, seems to be the major selling point.
I'll probably get it sometime next year so if our games coincide we could friend up.

Assuming that friends are put in the same instance and Slothy hasn't built everything by then.

As Alex mentioned a while back, there's something to be said for drudgery in games, so this is starting to appeal to me.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Chopper wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 11:11 am
I'll probably get it sometime next year so if our games coincide we could friend up.

Assuming that friends are put in the same instance and Slothy hasn't built everything by then.

As Alex mentioned a while back, there's something to be said for drudgery in games, so this is starting to appeal to me.
Judging by the games you tend to play I’m pretty sure you will love it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I have been specifically
building generators literally where a skeleton would run out of charge
that seems to have helped a lot of players.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Simonsloth wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 11:52 am Judging by the games you tend to play I’m pretty sure you will love it.
I keep seeing it referred to as

Spintires, but Kojima
so that should suit me down to the ground :lol:
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Haha, that's actually a brilliant description.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

KSubzero1000 wrote: November 15th, 2019, 10:32 pm I'M IN

CAN'T WAIT
Any update?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Had a dream last night they made a Death Stranding VR which was terrifying. Was face to face with BTs
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Simonsloth wrote: November 24th, 2019, 6:08 pm
KSubzero1000 wrote: November 15th, 2019, 10:32 pm I'M IN

CAN'T WAIT
Any update?
No, haven't had the opportunity to play until now. :|

Should be able to dive right in roughly in a week / 10 days from now, I'll keep you informed.