Death Stranding

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Death Stranding

Post by Todinho »

Well feels about time to start a thread on this even if it's probably gonna take some 4 years until we play the damn game,there were some interesting info following the Trailer in the TGA and after the press conference at PSX. So first off the game's composer has been revealed and it's Ludvig Forssell the same composer from MGSV,now many fans actually criticized the game on that angle because it was different from the previous entries but personally I loved his style and it was one of my favorite aspects of the game no joke so Im really happy he's back:

Another interesting thing is that the game is being developed with the Guerrila games engine,yep the same engine running Horizon Zero Dawn, also really cool to see the collaboration between KojiPro and Guerrila to the point there's now a satelite studio of KojiPro at Guerrila. Lastly sadly Guillermo Del Toro only did the 3D scan for the character and another actor will be playing him but hey as long modders can make him a playable character by swapping models once the game comes out Im happy.
Joshihatsumitsu

Re: Death Stranding

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Mad about Madds!

That is all.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There's only one 'd' in Mads - and apparently you're not even supposed to pronounce it (perhaps a Danish speaker can confirm this).
Joshihatsumitsu

ratsoalbion wrote:There's only one 'd' in Mads - and apparently you're not even supposed to pronounce it (perhaps a Danish speaker can confirm this).
True... however my point still stands! Everything is just better with him! :P
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Interesting tidbit about the game's collaborative nature from Mikkelsen, who's apparently as confused as we are.

I'm trying very hard not to hype myself up like a madman this time around, but my interest is... piqued. This is an excruciatingly fine line to walk. Game can't come soon enough.

PS: Mikkelsen is one of the coolest cats who walk the Earth.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Looks like you'll have to get up and running on Twitter ;)
Joshihatsumitsu

KSubzero1000 wrote: May 25th, 2018, 7:05 amPS: Mikkelsen is one of the coolest cats who walk the Earth.
I concur! :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Some story details have been released! I can't wait for this game... Kojima, in all his unfiltered glorific genius!

http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... urce=drive
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Figured it's a good a time as any to dust this thread off, what with the current Twitch stream and inevitable trailer drop.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Good bump.

I’m into this.

Looking forward to it. I very much like it’s grey, future style aesthetic.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

November!?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Female characters named ‘Fragile’ and ‘Mama’. Kojima’s such an enigma...
😆
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Probably has one of the most Hollywood castings for a game in a quite a while.

Interestingly, there's no mention of it being episodic either.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

This is the most excited I have been about a game since Metal Gear Solid 4!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

After the massive pre-release hype / post-release letdown whiplash that was MGSV, I think it's better for me to approach things differently this time around.

I'll try to resist the temptation to watch the trailer or read about any other story detail / promotional material until the game is spinning in my console and I can give it the chance it probably deserves, unburdened by undue expectations.

Wish me luck.

PS: But please don't let me down this time, Hideo.
Suits

Post by Suits »

It looks original, mental and hyper designed.

I’m into it.

I’ll play this for sure. Looking forward to it.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

KSubzero1000 wrote: May 29th, 2019, 6:40 pm After the massive pre-release hype / post-release letdown whiplash that was MGSV, I think it's better for me to approach things differently this time around.

I'll try to resist the temptation to watch the trailer or read about any other story detail / promotional material until the game is spinning in my console and I can give it the chance it probably deserves, unburdened by undue expectations.

Wish me luck.

PS: But please don't let me down this time, Hideo.
If you are already lowering your expectations then you should watch the trailer. Part of the experience of a Kojima game is the pre-release build up and piecing together all the dangling threads when you finally play through the game.

The actual gameplay reminds me of Horizon which is unsurprising given it’s the same engine but it’s the narrative and world which are Kojima-tactic.

The trailer gave me goosebumps. You should watch it.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Simonsloth wrote: May 29th, 2019, 7:15 pm The trailer gave me goosebumps. You should watch it.
Oh c'mon mate, don't do this to me now! :P

My best experiences with video games have usually come from knowing very little about individual titles beforehand. And conversely, most of my biggest disappointments have been massively anticipated titles. I can't just watch the trailer once and then forget about it until the game comes out. My brain instantly goes into full-analytical mode and the final product can't possibly live up to the months of speculations and attempts at putting all the pieces together that preceded it.

I'm also worried that it's going to show a truckload of important footage again. 9 minutes is long for a trailer, and the MGSV trailers were of a similar length and ended up showing half the game.

I think I'm at a sane level of hype now. I know enough to be excited about it, but not too much as to have a more or less complete picture of the game in my head. There are still plenty of blind spots and question marks and I'd prefer for it to stay that way.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Sorry I realise I’m being a little mean.

I just remember every MGS trailer making me more excited for the game and enhancing my enjoyment severalfold.

If you could get excited and then bottle that up until release then fantastic. If it’ll send your mind spiralling and ruin it then don’t. The trailer raises so many questions and answers none of them. Tasty!