All things Resident Evil (Biohazard)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: All things Resident Evil

Post by DomsBeard »

It plays alright for me it does getting used to playing tank controls again.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Hmm: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... -downloads I didnt play the first Revelations so I dont quite know how this episode structure but Im not liking the sound of this.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've bought Revelations today so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to let you know how it is. Episodic should hopefully mean a tighter story so fingers crossed.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Personally I was a massive fan of the first half of the first revelations but had some steep issues with the second half (still enjoyed it but found the narrative steer in an obscure direction). Much of the tone of six's story is signposted in this game. The episodic side of it though was actually OK, it broke playing the game into nifty little play sessions and helped remind you of the obscure story points before each session.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

My concern is them not giving this game attention and care since it's going to be 30 dollars total and digital mostly,I dont know the original price for the 3DS version but I dont know I hope they dont just put this out just for a cash-in,and that Claire model isnt giving me much confidence in this.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Oh yeah 2015 is the year of the Burton! :D

PS:stay away from the comments in this video,what a bunch of babies and thought Sillent Hill fans were bad.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Jan 20th 2015! Release date announced. Very excited for this.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Binned of the first revelations after 20 plus deaths to a boss. Does this carry on from 1?
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

From what all the trailers shown it seems to be a completly new story I think only the gameplay is gonna be similar.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Cool I loved revelations but hit a brick wall with a boss you fought with Jill and the other guy. It was a big creature that had a shell that rushed towards you on the observation deck.
NeoGazza

Resident Evil 7 midnight demo in VR

Post by NeoGazza »

Anybody else tried this? I am blown away with what they have achieved with this title. Although it would be nice if graphics improve using a PS4 Pro, I am still in total awe of what I just experienced.
Could it be the killer app that VR needs?
Sinclair Gregstrum

Re: Resident Evil 7 midnight demo in VR

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

I'll give this a shot in VR at some point this week hopefully. Although I probably won't last long before I knock myself out running into a wall trying to escape! Couldn't make it through PT let alone RE7 in VR....
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I couldn't even manage 10 minutes of the first demo in non-VR. I'll be avoiding this like the plague....!!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

NeoGazza wrote:Anybody else tried this? I am blown away with what they have achieved with this title. Although it would be nice if graphics improve using a PS4 Pro, I am still in total awe of what I just experienced.
Could it be the killer app that VR needs?
Without a doubt the resolution will be better on the Pro. It was Sonys plan all along to have a more powerful machine to do the PSVR justice. All the PSVR games ive played on the Pro so far have easily doubled in pixel count, its more vivid, with the clarity being almost night & day between the two machines. The smokey blurry type visuals that the standard PS4 runs VR in is tidied up with a clearer more immersive expierience.
Havent had a chance to check out the Resi 7 demo update yet, must really get on that, but since i already have it preordered, it may make the wait even more unbearable :lol:
NeoGazza

Post by NeoGazza »

Indiana747 wrote: Havent had a chance to check out the Resi 7 demo update yet, must really get on that, but since i already have it preordered, it may make the wait even more unbearable :lol:
Same here! I am feverishly checking out all the crazy secrets in the demo and I don't want it to end. Replayed it again and again and I have never been gripped this badly before by a game. The prospect of doing this for 30+ hours in VR is fantastic.
I really do hope that -if the game turns out as good as the demo (since the demo content won't be in the final game as I understand correctly) it will be a financial success for capcom. So far, this is why I got into VR. Stoked!!
/endfanboyrant
Todinho

Re: All things Resident Evil (Biohazard)

Post by Todinho »

Well it is a fantastic game and the forefather of the third person shooter we all know today, to be honest though if you will enjoy it or no is difficult to determine the game has certain limitations by design that you might hate like not being able to run and shoot,slow turning ,inventory management,quick time events. I would give it a shot if anything because it's one of those classics that you have to play even if to say "I dont get what that was about" I for one have a love hate relationship because it almost killed the Survival horror genre and almost dumped the horror from the series, but it's a great addicting shooter and I think the mechanics still stand the test of time,if you like shotters where you are continusly upgrading your character and guns this will do it for you.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Todinho wrote:Well it is a fantastic game and the forefather of the third person shooter we all know today
"Forefather" is an interesting way to put it. I'd argue the game is still unsurpassed in terms of pacing, encounter design, boss fights, polish and overall mechanics. I'm not even sure I would classify it as a shooter, but it is certainly a true classic that everyone should experience at least once.
ThirdMan wrote:I'm considering purchasing Resi 4 HD for the PS4. I've never played it before. Obviously its reputation speaks for itself but what do you think it will be like for a first playthrough in 2016?
I think the biggest hurdle would probably be a mental one, given that the game does control very differently than any other that followed its path. But you should know that this is by design. If you're able to treat it as its own entity and not as a pre-HD Gears of War or Uncharted clone, then you should have a fantastic experience with it.

Technical achievements lose their luster over time, but true quality does not age, btw.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

ThirdMan wrote:I played 30 minutes earlier and will get back into it tonight. It has me by the balls already. The mood and atmosphere is amongst the very best I've experienced in the opening area of a game.

Also, a creepy village, pitchforks and a burning corpse bring Bloodborne to mind. Let's hope I'm in for a similarly intense journey.
:D I love when people experience those classic games and despite the years are still grabbed by it,looking foward to see what you think of the full thing.

PS: Any similarities between the village in this game and BloodBorne are no mere coinceidence ;)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The Resident Evil 7 demo is now on other platforms! Xbox One now, PC soon I believe.
Suits

Post by Suits »

So I just finished Resident Evil 7.

I generally like the series and have a good interest in them. While I enjoyed 4 and it's different approach, it left behind what I most enjoyed from the game.

I picked this up on release day and had Friday and Monday to myself with it.

I won't give any spoilers anyway other than it's a good progression from the first few games. The new First Person view point, makes a great transition to the older gameplay and it plays into the survival horror genre very well. The puzzles are good and while not really that taxing are enjoyable and do give a feeling of satisfaction to complete.

The story is decent and I have to say I enjoyed it and was eager to find out the backstory and how things turned out.

My first play through came in at just over 12 hours, which felt right. Not too long either for people that perhaps don't have lots of free hours.

It does, warrant another play through.

Overall I have to recommend it, as I enjoyed it and it was a great change of pace in terms of games I've been playing of late.

I have it on Xbox One, so if anyone fancies playing it, drop us a message and maybe we can organise a trade or something, as I think people should play this game.