All things Resident Evil (Biohazard)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
AndyKurosaki

Re: Resident Evil

Post by AndyKurosaki »

If he didn't, he'd have consoled himself by saying "I have THIS!" and pulling a massive Magnum out his trousers.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

For 900 quid i'd expect a small vial of the t-virus in the inside pocket just so I can experience what its like to be a zombie for a day.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

dezm0nd wrote:For 900 quid i'd expect a small vial of the t-virus in the inside pocket just so I can experience what its like to be a zombie for a day.
You can come do my job for a day thats as close as you can get I think! ;).
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Resi 6 demo is out on Xbox Live today, dare I?. Not sure about PS3 demo.
Sean

Post by Sean »

DomsBeard wrote:Resi 6 demo is out on Xbox Live today, dare I?. Not sure about PS3 demo.
I can't get over how bad this game looks, from the demo.

I've played it twice now, to give it a second chance, and, I literally can't find a single good thing to say about it. Plays terribly and looks awful. Even RE5 (which is what, 3 years old now?) looks significantly better.

Such a shame what has happened to one of the best horror franchises. I'd still put RE4 in my top 10 of all time, and, I'll still give this a rent, but, as far as I'm concerned, after Operation Racoon City, and, now, this one, I'm pretty much done with RE.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I think this is a franchise in need of a serious rethink or reboot from a team that have a clear idea where they want to take it (and preferably not down the third person action shooter route either).
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Sounds more and more like this is going to be a massive fuck-up. Haven't played the demo, but watching the first 15 minutes of Leon's campaign on Play Magazine's DVD and it looks awful. Either their footage camera was having a bad day, or it's terrible.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Downloaded the demo on PS3, but not played it yet. Doesn't sound promising. Probably wont get a chance till the weekend, but I imagine I'll be back here them spitting venom all over the screen because of another ruined franchise!
MAp

Post by MAp »

I played the PS3 demo last night, I'm not a happy man person :( I'm not expecting the franchise to go back to scarce ammo, and plodding through a mansion but some hint of horror or survival would be welcomed. I see they've brought back the bad camera mechanic though, it's annoyingly close whether you're aiming or not. Which I'm guessing is to create moments where an enemy suddenly appears behind you, and that would be fine if this was a more methodical horror game, but it's not, especially in Chris' military 3rd person shooter level.

I guess I'll finally pull Dead Space off my shelf then.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You've not played Dead Space? Play it now!!! :) best survival horror since the early Resi's for me. Will play the demo tonight seen as my wife's decided she hates me playing Battlefield when she's in!
MAp

Post by MAp »

Yeah I remember playing a bit of the first Dead Space but not getting drawn in with the eerie space ship vibe or the same monsters jumping from vents. But with such a long drought of any real horror maybe it can win me over this time ;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I found the first Dead Space far too long and quite boring. Loved the sequel though, one of the best games of this gen.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just played 10 minutes of Leon's story, it doesn't look great I'd go as far as to say it looks about the same as 5. Cameras far too close too.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Finally got round to playing the demo. Dear god what were they thinking.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Buckled Kipper wrote:Finally got round to playing the demo. Dear god what were they thinking.
Skip to 1:51 in this video, Leon sums up my feelings about Resi 6.

Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

DomsBeard wrote:
Buckled Kipper wrote:Finally got round to playing the demo. Dear god what were they thinking.
Skip to 1:51 in this video, Leon sums up my feelings about Resi 6.

:lol:
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Heh, it's going to be interesting to see how this sells on Tuesday."Pretty badly" would be my guess, as I don't know anyone excited about it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Hopefully I'll get it day one from love film
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

It's got 39/40 in Famitsu...... Hmmmmm
Sean

Post by Sean »

I've read that the demo is a really old build, so, maybe they miraculously made it actually good in the last couple months.