When's Mahvel? (The Marvel vs. Capcom thread)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Michiel K

Re: When's Mahvel? (The Marvel vs. Capcom thread)

Post by Michiel K »

hazeredmist wrote: December 12th, 2017, 11:26 am WOW! I can't quite explain how impressive this game looks & feels, I'm not sure I've seen anything more vibrant & bursting out of the screen, with a flawless framerate, just amazing. Crazily enough the online still works and I've had a few fights & spectated too in lobbies. Lots of fun.

Anyone else still playing this?
I play it on 360, so we can't connect, unfortunately.

Maybe Karl (nokkonwud) still does?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I’m on the PS4 version myself.
James

Post by James »

PS4 for me too. Can't imagine many folks have, or are regularly on the Vita version, sadly.
This article might help?
http://shoryuken.com/2017/04/10/looking ... -database/
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

Did not realize there was a proper MVC topic, I've been going backwards through this forum ;) . Anyway, I gave my 2 cents on mvc2/3/I in the capcom versus thread and now to absorb this one...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

hazeredmist wrote: December 12th, 2017, 11:26 am Not sure if this is relevant but it's a Marvel vs Capcom thread!

I recently picked up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on Vita, having drunkenly got obsessed with it and finding out it's getting quite rare now after it was removed from PSN etc.

WOW! I can't quite explain how impressive this game looks & feels, I'm not sure I've seen anything more vibrant & bursting out of the screen, with a flawless framerate, just amazing. Crazily enough the online still works and I've had a few fights & spectated too in lobbies. Lots of fun.

Anyone else still playing this?
I played some MvC 3 on Vita, yeah. I never tried it online as I'd, erm, 'acquired' a version seeing as they'd removed it from the PSN store and I wasn't prepared to pay the silly money people were selling used copies for. But yeah it was a solid port. I still prefer the second game, though.
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

Michiel K wrote: June 15th, 2017, 9:14 am I'm thinking they shouldn't have taken this project on in-house, but should have farmed it out to a reputable studio instead. Eighting did well for them before. Capcom haven't developed a fighting game internally since Fighting Jam/Evolution and I'm really afraid they don't have the chops to do it at the moment.
Huge takeaway, can't remember if I knew about this previously or not

Nice to see a healthy dose of skepticism here - finally able to read through this. I was pretty despondent to the point I didn't know where on the internet I'd be able to turn to with lots either turning a blind eye to MVCI or straight-up shilling for Capcom. If only I had found C&R years ago!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

<3