Destiny / Destiny 2

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Destiny / Destiny 2

Post by dezm0nd »

Well, whilst I agree on some of your points about MP and organising it (See the latter Mario Kart 8 game nights) I also see the value in just shooting the life out of aliens with mates (or in Sea of Thieves case, chopping skeletons)

I don't particularly care for what's going on, I just like chatting on the regular with some people I can talk to. It doesn't always have to be about being the best at a game but rather just chatting some shite and feeling better afterwards.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I love a bit of MP.

Sea of Thieves is great for Lego chat like Dez said, so is Destiny(PvE) and especially Minecraft to name few.

Used to play an awful lot of Halo and Destiny (PvP) with callouts and strategic gameplay - you feel like such a unit when you all pull something off as a team against other human teams.

But, with age, jobs, babies, wives and other excuses it just becomes inappropriate to sometimes do it all the time, then too often, then you end up not doing it all.

On the rare occasions that I do lobby up with mates now, it does take an effort - but it’s always worth it.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

I signed up to the Destiny bandwagon a couple of years in (with Rise of Iron)

My initial thought is that this is a good game that really needs to be played with friends to be properly enjoyed. Particularly with Destiny 2, the game is seemingly designed for those who can spend several hours a day every day to keep on top of the power and gear requirements.

For me, balancing work with family and with my clan in the same boat (variable shift patterns, children of all ages, living across the country) means that my gaming time is late evening when everyone else is early evening. There is also a preferance for PvP in clan whilst i much prefer co-op PvE activities.

Raids were popular but coming in three raids done, Atheon and Crota haven't got the nostalgia for me that others in the clan have - I was pretty much a spectator the first time on both raids and we completed both in an evening - a fay cry from the hours the clan put in to learn the mechanics.

Aksis and the Leviathan mean more to me as I have actual roles in those but finding the time to carry on working through Last Wish onwards is just proving too much.

Bungie insist on forcing people into all the activities and I'm not the only one in our clan (and I guess wider) that really doesn't want to have to do particular activites just to level up a preferred weapon/armour - we've got more than one clan member who have no current interest in played any activity. This isn't helped by being a Titan main - a class that feels pretty superfluous as the game currently stands.

I like Destiny - and if anyone who is trying to set-up a raid and looking for bodies, I'll happily join in if schedules allow - but I increasingly feel like this isn't the game for me. I'm interested to see what happens with the shadowkeep update in September as it should make more allowances for the casual player