Games completed 2017

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
KSubzero1000

Re: Games completed 2017

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I'd say that ranks pretty low on the scumbag scale. Are you living under such domestic terror that the truth wasn't an option? :lol:

Happy Zeldaing, btw.

Edit: Oh, and whatever happened to that WiiU plan of yours? :)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Bravo, TM. I suspect it'll be handheld mode on the john for the next eight months til she surprises you at Christmas and you have to replay a hundred hours of Zelda pretending to be blown away.

Could be worse karmic retribution.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Michiel K wrote: April 24th, 2017, 10:13 amIt's not a completion unless you don't have to press start to continue before seeing the credits, yeah. :) And that won't happen unless you dedicate your life to either one of the 2 games. I got that compilation when it was new and very affordable, though didn't it get a reprint?
I think 2013 release is the reprint you are talking about, though it's just a matter of finding available copies.

And I agree, it was definitely not a completion completion. I look at my collection of games a think about the many lifetimes needed to play, let alone master everything! I have so much fun with those games, even while sucking pretty badly at playing them. :D
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

- 24 Apr: Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate, Story mode with Ayane.

Was curious how it compared to vanilla DOA2 on the Dreamcast.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Spoiler: show
DomsBeard wrote:18th January Infinite Warfare Xbox One

Easily my favourite Call Of Duty Campaign I've played (FYI I have not played Black OPs 2 or 3). Great fun for a franchise that isn't usually my cup of tea.
23rd Jan

The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 2

Brilliant however I do feel that my decisions are based on my previous experiences with Clem which are not relevant here. If you've played it you'll know what I mean. But it is fantastic.

The Bunker

Probably the worst game I have played this gen. Awful, awful game. I can only best describe it as a videogame made by people who have never played videogames. Everything about it was bad. Infuriating controls, instafail sections that were pure luck that you passed. I wouldn't even recommend downloading it when it appears on PS+ or Games With Gold.

Would be a great Cane And Rinse Episode though :)[/quote]

Resident Evil 7 Playstation 4

Really enjoy it and would recommend[/quote]

17th Feb Doom Xbox One

Solid 8/10 for me. It outstayed its welcome but was fun none the less[/quote]

Bioshock Remastered PS4

Glad I've finally ticked this off my pile of shame after all these years. The last boss reminded me of Metroid Primes final boss for some reason. Looking forward to listening to the show now.[/quote]

March 3Rd

Batman Arkham VR

Very good, just wish there was more of it![/quote

Rez Infinite PSVR

Acts 1-4 were amazing but I thought 5 was a bit of a let down. I obviously miss the point of it somehow

Area X is absolutely amazing though and apart from a bit in Arkham my highlight of PSVR so far. Would love a game based on Area X
[/quote]
The Walking Dead The New Frontier Season 3 Episode 3.

Quite disappointed in this episode I have to say. There was great momentum, cast and story built up in the two episodes previous and an excellent cliff hanger which fizzles out in episode 3. I was most annoyed about a character becoming pissed off with me when I
killed someone instead of letting them turn
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Michiel K wrote: April 25th, 2017, 10:49 am - 24 Apr: Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate, Story mode with Ayane.

Was curious how it compared to vanilla DOA2 on the Dreamcast.
I have not played the Dreamcast version, but my God... the number of hours I put into that game when I first got it all those years ago. The main motivation is of course unlocking all the extra costumes, characters, etc.

Good memories. :P
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day (PS3)

This game is short, very short, but great fun while it lasts. It's not an easy game to describe but I will try. I guess it's a kind of high speed, super flashy 2D side scrolling platformer (think Sonic The Hedgehog but with a Japanese assassin girl in a wedding dress running away from some weird evil hands) with varied boss stages including a kind of old school but totally next gen looking final stage with a giant dog watching you jump on the heads of mini wrestlers. If you're looking for something totally unique, I highly recommend this game. It's crazy!!! I loved it :)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Flabyo wrote:Jan 1st - Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)
Jan 8th - Shantae: Half-genie hero (XBO)
Feb 1st - Tales from the Borderlands (XBO)
Feb 6th - Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4)
Mar 19th - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)
Apr 2nd - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
Apr 17th - Ryse: Son of Rome (XBO)
Apr 25th - The Sexy Brutale (XBO)

Brilliant stuff. I love the art, I love the music, I love the puzzle design and I love the story. One of my pretty rare 100% completions as well.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

ThirdMan wrote: April 26th, 2017, 11:50 am My Wii U plans went out the window the second I saw a guy playing Breath of the Wild on the train!
Maybe I'm just confusing you with someone else and making a fool out of myself, but wasn't it your initial plan to buy both WiiU and Switch in order to catch up with the last three Nintendo generations? If so, you may want to consider the notion that the WiiU could end up being discontinued sooner than we might anticipate. Nintendo isn't exactly known for going out of their way to meet hardware demands for years on end.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

02/01 - Hyper Light Drifter (PC)
014/01 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
15/01 - Owlboy (PC)
17/01 - Sid Meier's Civilization VI (PC)
04/02 - Resident Evil [Remake] (PC)
09/02 - They Breathe (PC)
11/02 - Resident Evil 2: Leon A (PS Vita)
17/02 - Resident Evil 2: Claire B (PS Vita)
23/03 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
22/02 - Ninja Gaiden: Black (360 - Xbox Original)
26/04 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Mad Max (PS4)

Quite enjoyable; I've been avoiding triple A open world games almost since Far Cry 3 came out, but I quite liked this and it didn't overstay its welcome. Once you dealt with the first main area you could power through to the end with just a few stronghold updates.

I did find myself admiring it more for its non-gameplay elements - especially the gorgeous world they created with its dust and storms. combat was kinda one-note, but gameplay was elevated a bit by the car combat. Good game.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Is this thread for games you've completed in 2017 or only games completed which were released in 2017?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Any game you complete during the year, it's just a fun thing to track what we're all doing.

My list starts with Gravity Rush, which definitely didn't come out this year so...
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

05/01 - Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain
15/01 - Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
17/01 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
25/01 - The Unfinished Swan
29/01 - Folklore
31/01 - Doom (Hurt Me Plenty)
04/02 - Gravity Rush 2
26/02 - Unravel
14/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending A)
20/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending B)
21/03 - Gravity Rush 2: Raven's Choice
24/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending C)
25/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending D)
25/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending E)
22/04 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
27/04 - Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City (NG+ level)

Really great piece of DLC. Definitely a high point in the game, and one of the most challenging areas too, if not the most challenging. Some fantastic art design as well. Lots of very varied locales and interesting enemy designs. It's got some fantastic bosses too, especially the final one. Extremely hard, but I think it became one of my favourite bosses in the whole game. The secret boss however, which I did after that final mainline boss, I wasn't so hot on. It didn't turn out to be as bad as I originally thought it might be, but it still seems like one that's not really great to play alone. Great piece of DLC overall though. It ties in with the previous DLC really nicely. Together they really feel like two parts of a whole, rather than two separate things, which I think makes the Ariandel suffer unfairly when judged alone. It kind of has some similar problems with how it ends though, but I think I can let it slide for similar reasons. They both end in a way that makes it seem like something big is going to happen, but then nothing really does. But, since both of these DLCs have such great climaxes with their final bosses anyway, it doesn't bother me too much, along with how it's all a side-story anyway. When compared I'd say Ringed City is better than Ariandel though. Feels more substantive and varied.
James

Post by James »

rob25X wrote: April 27th, 2017, 11:51 am Is this thread for games you've completed in 2017 or only games completed which were released in 2017?
Anything you like! It's entirely up to you which games you include and what constitutes a 'completion'.

Most people record any game they have completed since 1st Jan 2017, and include multiple completions (NG+ or Trophy/Achievement completions), DLC completions, etc. But it's your list, so whatever you feel like recording. :)
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

February 18th - The Witness (PS4)
February 26th - Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4)
March 13th - Dishonored 2 (PS4)
April 5th - Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
April 14th - Abzu (PC)
April 24th - Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PC)
April 25th - Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC - Desperate Measures (PC)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

(Jan) Quantum Break - XB1.
(Jan) Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag - PS4.
(Jan) Adr1ft - PS4.
(Jan) Dear Esther - PS4.
(Jan) Virginia - PS4. (platinum).
(Jan) The London Heist - PSVR
(Feb) Flashback(2013) - PSN.
(Feb) Rain - PSN.
(Feb) Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light - PSN.
(Feb) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - PS3.
(Feb) Far Cry Primal - PS4.
(Feb) Bayonetta 2 - WiiU.
(Feb) Sniper Elite 3 - PS4.
(Mar) Life is Strange - PS4.
(Mar) Nier Automata - PS4.
(Mar) Halo 2:Anniversary - XB1.
(Mar) Guns, Gore & Canoli - PS4.
(Apr) Alien Breed Ep.3:Descent - Xbox 360.
(Apr) Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

05/01 - Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain
15/01 - Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
17/01 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
25/01 - The Unfinished Swan
29/01 - Folklore
31/01 - Doom (Hurt Me Plenty)
04/02 - Gravity Rush 2
26/02 - Unravel
14/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending A)
20/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending B)
21/03 - Gravity Rush 2: Raven's Choice
24/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending C)
25/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending D)
25/03 - Nier: Automata (Ending E)
22/04 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
27/04 - Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City (NG+ level)
28/04 - Kamiko

Spoke about this in the thread for the game, so I won't repeat myself. Not that there's a huge amount to say. Fun little game. Got a nice aesthetic that's like a cute version of Hyper Light Drifter. The game plays like a super-condensed version of Zelda. So if you don't have time to play BotW, you can play this in one hundredth of the time instead.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

DomsBeard wrote: April 25th, 2017, 4:59 pm
DomsBeard wrote:18th January Infinite Warfare Xbox One

Easily my favourite Call Of Duty Campaign I've played (FYI I have not played Black OPs 2 or 3). Great fun for a franchise that isn't usually my cup of tea.
23rd Jan

The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 2

Brilliant however I do feel that my decisions are based on my previous experiences with Clem which are not relevant here. If you've played it you'll know what I mean. But it is fantastic.

The Bunker

Probably the worst game I have played this gen. Awful, awful game. I can only best describe it as a videogame made by people who have never played videogames. Everything about it was bad. Infuriating controls, instafail sections that were pure luck that you passed. I wouldn't even recommend downloading it when it appears on PS+ or Games With Gold.

Would be a great Cane And Rinse Episode though :)
Resident Evil 7 Playstation 4

Really enjoy it and would recommend[/quote]

17th Feb Doom Xbox One

Solid 8/10 for me. It outstayed its welcome but was fun none the less[/quote]

Bioshock Remastered PS4

Glad I've finally ticked this off my pile of shame after all these years. The last boss reminded me of Metroid Primes final boss for some reason. Looking forward to listening to the show now.[/quote]

March 3Rd

Batman Arkham VR

Very good, just wish there was more of it![/quote

Rez Infinite PSVR

Acts 1-4 were amazing but I thought 5 was a bit of a let down. I obviously miss the point of it somehow

Area X is absolutely amazing though and apart from a bit in Arkham my highlight of PSVR so far. Would love a game based on Area X
[/quote]

The Walking Dead The New Frontier Season 3 Episode 3.

Quite disappointed in this episode I have to say. There was great momentum, cast and story built up in the two episodes previous and an excellent cliff hanger which fizzles out in episode 3. I was most annoyed about a character becoming pissed off with me when I killed someone instead of letting them turn
[/quote]
The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 4

Telltale have lost the plot this series. Some of the choices in this episode are absolutely ridiculous, I actually let one run out as I didn't feel able to make it leading to a game over screen. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I'm pretty sure they've never tied that to a major decision before?, mind you I have always never shied from making any decisions. Clementine might as well not be there and one scene with her left me scratching my head as the way she acts in that is something that ''my'' Clementine would never even think about let alone want to do what is discussed.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I think that's a fundamental issue with carrying a character through a series of games like this where the choices make only relatively narrow changes to the narrative. You don't get a lot of pre-first game information about Clem, so you're automatically going to fill in the gaps based on what you observe, and if what you've decided in your head doesn't match what the writers have chosen you're going to get this disconnect, and that will only grow larger as the series continues.

It's not an issue when they're doing games in a series like Game of Thrones or Guardians of the Galaxy: those characters have well defined histories and personalities outside of the game so you're pretty much always in the same headspace as the writers with their motivations. (Even the original characters in their Game of Thrones one don't really fall into this, the 'rules' of the story telling universe they're in mean there's less room for ambiguity).

It's also why games like Mass Effect struggle to put much characterisation onto the player character beyond some very light wallpapering of backstory...