E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Simonsloth

Re: E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: June 10th, 2018, 10:22 pm Dying Light 2 looks brilliant. Just started the first one and it's awesome so far.
It does look great. A far cry from Dead Island.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

This is the best Microsoft conference in the last five years I say. Regardless of exclusives, they've had some awesome games on stage.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yes, excellent show overall. And what a fake out at the end!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Definitely agree. Less marketing chat and just tonnes of games. It’s the opposite of the EA one.

I’m just a bit confused about what’s exclusive and what’s not.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Without a doubt the best conference Microsoft had in years but all the best stuff they showed is third party, the absolutelly highlights being Sekiro and DMC5:

And I know alot of people are going wild for Cyberpunk but I was really disapointed there was no gameplay or anything and I mean this game was announced in 2013 before Witcher 3 came out, just for comparison Kingdom hearts 3 was also announced in 2013 and that at least is coming out in january 2019 but with Cyberpunk we know nothing.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

As far as I understand "Launch exclusive" simply means that it will come out on Xbox One first, and on other platforms (usually PS4 & PC) at a later date.

Edit: Sekiro and DMC5 look sick. No Fable, though...?!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Todinho wrote: June 10th, 2018, 10:14 pm Fuck Microsoft just bought Ninja Theory and Capcom is dissin them on stage XD
Yeah, that seemed a little ill advised. But I doubt Capcom would’ve known that beforehand.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Devil May Cry 5 will feature 3 playable characters, with their own unique over-the-top playstyles and flair.

I think it's actually rather nice that they focused exclusively on Nero in this trailer. Dante will obviously be playable, no need to spoil his design / moveset for no reason. Who's the third one, I wonder...?
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

I just want to point out that Devolver Digital is a treasure to mankind and you all owe it to yourselfs to watch their E3 presentation, oh and remember to watch last years again to get a refresher:

mechaamericagreatagain!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I am ridiculously hyped for Metal Wolf Chaos. Of all the obscure Japan-only titles, I'm glad this one is finally getting an international release.
countstex

Post by countstex »

My MS highlights:

Happy Phoenix Point is coming to XBOX, was rather worried it would be PC only and I play so little on the PC since I got my One X.

Picking up Ninja Theory is a move I'm happy to see. Mainly to see that team get the backing they deserve

I wasn't expecting a DyingLight 2, but that new direction for the franchise looks really rather exciting to me. .

Division 2 could be interesting too. My wife and I put a good few hours into the original.

And then a Gears 5, set heavily around Laura Baily's character is going to be a must have, though as I have GamePass that's a given anyway :D
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Lot of stuff to unpick from the Bethesda event (that I watched this morning, cause screw staying up till 2 am for a press conference).

New doom, new Wolfenstein, new Rage, dlc for Prey (that’s out now), a mobile elder scrolls game (that is getting mocked but will comfortably outperform everything else they announced), and elder scrolls 6 exists.

Oh, and fallout 76 is... well.. still not something I think I’ll play.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

DMC5 is a travesty. I hate how it looks. It has none of the appeal of the original games or DmC. I can't remember ever being more disappointed in a game reveal than this. This is what I waited a decade for apparently.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Scrustle wrote: June 11th, 2018, 11:15 am DMC5 is a travesty. I hate how it looks. It has none of the appeal of the original games or DmC. I can't remember ever being more disappointed in a game reveal than this. This is what I waited a decade for apparently.
Oh damn, I'm really sorry to hear that... :(

The art style isn't as colorful and vibrant as the old one, that's true. And the realistic character design is an odd fit for the DMC franchise. The animations are old-school DMC, though. And with Itsuno at the helm, I am confident that the gameplay will be of the highest possible quality. We might see some more combat footage during Sony's conference. Don't lose hope completely!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

It seems most of the negative response there is is to the art style. I was watching Maximilian and his ‘yo videogames’ friends watch that trailer, and they were so hype they were jumping around the room, so it’s doing something for some fans of the series.

I think the thing that I’m most likely to buy of what’s been shown so far is the new Forza Horizon. (And the Prey DLC, but that’s already out so that doesn’t count)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cyberpunk then...

I'm excited because it's from CD Projekt Red. I'm not excited because the setting bores me.

I am a man of conflicting opinions.

I just can't see it being as rich a world as The Witcher universe.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Really pleasantly surprised to see Prey get a DLC. I don't really bother with DLC but because I got Prey on deep discount and it was my GOTY last year, I feel like I need to buy this to show my support. I thought poor sales had doomed the franchise so delighted to see they have been working on stuff for the last year.

No idea if I'll ever play it, one for a rainy day I suppose :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, I just can't see it having the same grand scale as Witcher 3. I spent 150 odd hours and about six months in that world. The characters were brilliant, the side quests and music and setting, it was all so brilliantly realised.

But, this is an entirely new game and so I suppose its unfair to judge it against a previous game just because it was developed by the same company. I can't help myself though!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

One of the things that I think could be missing here for those not quite as old as me is that this isn’t just a generic ‘cyberpunk’ setting, it’s specifically a licence of a well known tabletop role playing game from the late 90s.

It was reasonably generic in itself, but it did have a setting and backstory and defined places and history. They’re drawing from less of a blank slate here than it might first appear.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I played a few sessions of the old RPG back in the late 80s. It was COOL.

In an 80s kinda way.