Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Alex79 »

Does anyone think this game will be released on PS4? They've already said its still quite a way off. I'm not sure we're looking at current gen. Possibly a crossover like GTA V, Far Cry 4 and Black Flag, but I think most likely PS5 only.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Huh, I never really considered that this wouldn't be on the current big dog systems.

I can't really be bothered to begin thinking about all that nonsense just yet.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

It's certainly pretty... I just wish that they there was more to it that shoot/kill everything.

That's just a broad generalisation, and I'm sure there's far more to it than that. And really, I shouldn't prejudge a game I haven't experienced yet. I'm happy to be wrong about my assumptions.

I guess I just there was more ways to interact with a virtual world, one that clearly had a lot of hard work poured into it, than simply combat and gunplay.

Sure, it wouldn't sell, and as someone who has made zero games in my life, what would I know, but yeah... it's kinda disappointing that that is the default mechanic. The talent exists to make something more interesting (no... not David Cage).

For the record, I hope this is a big success, and I hope it makes a ton of money for the sake of all the talent involved.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

The gameplay footage looks fantastic. All the preview write-ups from earlier certainly weren't lying. The city looks amazing, and the gameplay looks great too. As I was expecting, it seems like a more action-focused Deus Ex type thing. Those guns with all the moving parts in particular looked really cool. I'm glad they made those arm blades a thing as well. Looks like they have a lot of uses. Not sure how fun they will be to use in combat, but they still seem fun to use in all the other ways it looks like you can. Climbing up walls and stuff. The banter between characters was great too. As one would expect from CDPR, but it's good to see that hasn't been lost in the shift to a new franchise. V in particular was really well done. I hadn't really considered what gender I wanted to play as in the game myself. While usually in cases like that I would default to male just because that's what I am, the performance of the female V made me want to see more of her.

I don't think we need to worry about it being all just shooting though. While the game is obviously going for a shooter/action focus, rather than stealth, they did say through the narration that there were lots of other options for that quest they were showing that were non-violent. They even started the quest that way in what they showed too. But obviously they want to show off the game being all exciting and bombastic, so they're going to focus on the action in promotional material like this. But they did put a lot of emphasis on how there were other options. While we'll have to wait and see exactly how true that is, I'm not particularly worried about it. I trust CDPR to do that well enough for it to satisfy my desire to experiment, even if it's not full-on immersive sim levels of variation. And what they did show seemed like a lot of fun regardless.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

To put it simply this is the Mega City One/ Ghost in the Shell game I've always wanted.

But yeah, I'll be genuinely surprised if this sees the light of day on the current gen consoles, but to be honest, having a game like this on the next gen certainly incentivises me to pick up a new system as and when.
MauricioMM

Post by MauricioMM »

Saw the gameplay video as soon as IGN streamed it. Honestly the game they showed in that video is more than I expected, in a very good way :) I don't expect it to overtake the place The Witcher 3 has in my heart but it seems like the type of game that would probably enter my top 10 favorite videogames of all time so far. Hell, even top 5 if they really hit it out of the park 8-)

Now that I've seen the video from beginning to end (I've watched it like 5 times I think :lol: ) I can finally rest easy and let CDPR take their sweet time with it. I don't care if it takes them 2 or 3 additional years to release it, as long as it manages to be the best game they can offer us at this point in the company's (and industry's) history.
MauricioMM

Post by MauricioMM »

CD Projekt RED are pulling out the big guns with this game, incredible. And what a great show they did at E3 this year, by the way. I mean, the aesthetics, the atmosphere, the characters, the music and, of course, Keanu Reeves! Goddamn, what an amazing game this is going to (hopefully) be 8-)
Yacobg42

Post by Yacobg42 »

ThirdMan wrote: August 29th, 2018, 1:21 pm
Scrustle wrote: August 29th, 2018, 12:55 pmthe performance of the female V made me want to see more of her.
You just assumed that character's gender. You must be a hateful human being.
(I know this wasn't ill-intentioned, but "did you just assume X gender" jokes are used by the more unpleasant sides of the internet; let's try and stay away from them.)

I have the same fear as you- I'm just never creative enough to really exploit these games' systems. I'm sure I'll end up with a character that's pretty good at shooting and always ends up taking the most straightforward route to any mission haha.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Well, what I find frightening is how far off on a tangent this thread has got.

If you've got anything more to say about how you feel about the "Left", start another thread away from game chat, but be prepared to have to justify your opinions if people take issue with your thoughts.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Game looks good tho
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

No problem, I just wanted to to get this thread back on track for discussing CDPR's latest but the conversation, with the direction it was taking, had nothing whatsoever to do with it anymore.
Kacey

Post by Kacey »

Jesus. Clippa, you had good intentions, and the trans/nb community appreciates it.

To un-derail (re-rail?) the thread, I'm really looking forward to a deeper story that pulls out all the stops and avoids softballing to avoid controversy. The story and gunplay have me hyped, but what I think I'm most excited for is character creation and the unparalleled level of interactivity the world seems to have. Until this point I don't think there's a single game that takes the idea of pen&paper RPGs to their fullest digital potential- even games like Divinity for all of their quality and hours of fun I've had with them lack something. CP2077 seems like it might finally do it. Time will tell, and all I know for sure is that these next few months of waiting are going to be hell.
Kacey

Post by Kacey »

clippa wrote: July 20th, 2019, 9:39 pm I'll spoiler this to keep the thread 100% cyberpunk
Spoiler: show
I've recently cut my hair and butched up a bit (fuck off, yes I have) but I'd get sir/madam totally randomly when I was out. You could argue that I'm not particularly convincing as either, but if people are treating me like a person, I ain't got no beef.
It's more important than ever to have a sense of humour about everything nowadays, if I didn't have a sense of humour I'd be long dead.

Probably not the best video to post considering his recent ... erm ... faux pas, but I agree with this.

I'm achingly left wing, but I don't like bigots, no matter what their agenda.

You're new! Have you brought me a present?

If the present you're looking for is obnoxious and nonsensical rants about how much I love random old stuff that has long since become irrelevant, yes!
MauricioMM

Post by MauricioMM »

Except for Ilan Rubin (his work with Nine Inch Nails specifically), I'm not too familiarized with almost all of these musicians but I'm positively impressed with their inclusion in the game's radio soundtrack 8-) And there are supposedly more to be revealed!
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Delayed til Sep. 17th, lads. Now you can have an April where your co-workers and family see you.
James

Post by James »

March still looks busy for me with Ori, DOOM and Half-Life (kinda expecting a delay on that, TBH), but yeah April and May are now gloriously empty. Just as well I have plenty of Cane And Rinse games to get on with!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Fairly pleased, rather selfishly. Too many games to get through!
James

Post by James »

Presuming the usual Autumn rush for third parties, the end of the year is now piling up with big games though.
ThirdMan

Post by ThirdMan »

This will be a PS5/Series X title for me, either as a port or through back-compatibility. I'm really pleased with the delay to be perfectly honest. It's made up my mind for me.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

James wrote: January 16th, 2020, 8:43 pm Presuming the usual Autumn rush for third parties, the end of the year is now piling up with big games though.
Going through the list of my anticipated releases, the Fall was completely empty for me - save for some TBA titles like No More Heroes 3 that may or may not launch this year. It seems like more and more publishers are front-loading releases at the start of the year, then falling back on Fall if they need extra dev time... I think FF7R dropping to April was the biggest decision in delaying Cyberpunk. The timing is too coincidental. They didn't wanna compete with an other huge RPG.