Gaming Goals for 2019

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Magical_Isopod

Re: Gaming Goals for 2019

Post by Magical_Isopod »

You say that, but after Left Alive comes out in March, I don't really see anything particularly interesting on the horizon. At least for my personal interests. Maybe Code Vein, if it can deviate enough from the Souls formula to be accessible for me... But otherwise, I'm hoping this will be a big ol' "Smash Dat Backlog" year.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Michiel K wrote: January 14th, 2019, 5:08 pm I've mentioned this to a few people that I speak to on here already, but since I'm not on a lot of time consuming games for this year's CaR volume, I'm planning to go on a bit of a chronological platform adventure (OR METROIDVANIA IF YOU MUST) tear this year, from classics like games of the Monster World series, Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night to newer examples like Shadow Complex, Ori and Hollow Knight and see how they all stack up and compare to each other. It's been long overdue.
Inspired by some of you here, I went and made a SPREADSHEET.

So as you can see, there are quite a few classics of the genre in my collection that I have yet to see the end of. Even with some of the most renowned platform adventures, I often find that I lose steam with 'em at some point. Maybe it's me.

In any case, this year I'm going to find out where I and side scrolling adventure games stand, as I embark on this chronological journey through the games in my collection that represent the genre.

Naturally, I will start a new playthrough for all of them.

EDIT: I added some screens now as well.