Games Completed 2019

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Suits

Re: Games Completed 2019

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:32 am
stvnorman wrote: October 1st, 2019, 3:27 pm10 September: Sega Ages Virtua Racing (Switch)
What did you count as a completion, out of interest? I'm aiming to get first place in all three races on default settings. Tracks one and two are fine, but I can't even get to the fifth lap of the final track at the moment though!
It’s all about nailing the hairpin on the final sector, of the last race.

That’s where I was losing most time. Once I’d found a line that worked for me it wasn’t a problem.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Suits wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:47 am
Alex79uk wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:32 am
stvnorman wrote: October 1st, 2019, 3:27 pm10 September: Sega Ages Virtua Racing (Switch)
What did you count as a completion, out of interest? I'm aiming to get first place in all three races on default settings. Tracks one and two are fine, but I can't even get to the fifth lap of the final track at the moment though!
It’s all about nailing the hairpin on the final sector, of the last race.

That’s where I was losing most time. Once I’d found a line that worked for me it wasn’t a problem.
Same here. Nasty turn into the hairpin then the hairpin itself. Very easy to get spun by any other cars around you there too.

“Complete” here was very much psychological to try and get me to stop playing it so much! But I called complete coming first on all the tracks in arcade mode, which took me over 30 hours. I’ve also finished the Grand Prix mode on all of them a few times, though can’t come first on the Medium track, which I’ve since learnt is pretty much impossible. Shame about the multiplayer. Would have been a lot of fun.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, was there any response from the devs on that? Absolute mess, it was. Is.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Is it true to the original coin-op in respects of it being incredibly hard to take 1st vs the AI though?
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Local multiplayer fine. It’s online that was broken. Terrible lag. Certainly hadn’t been fixed when people were still trying to play it. Ghost town now.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Even local multiplayer was very laggy when we tried it. Not just a lower frame rate, when you viewed the other player controlled car on your own screen it was teleporting all over the shop. I don't believe the game has been patched at all since release, its kind of bad really that they never even acknowledged any kind of problem.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Untitled Goose Game (Switch)

I enjoyed the first section then it quickly became a fairly irritating stealth game for me as the novelty rapidly wore off. I was relieved to see the end credits and won’t be bothering with post-game stuff. Art style, music direction and general vibe very nice though, I just didn’t enjoy playing it much after a while.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

1st February - Dark Souls
8th February - The Gardens Between
9th February - Quarantine Circular
20th February - Night in the woods
26th March - Ape Out
16th June - Brothers
25th June - My Friend Pedro
7th July - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
23rd July - Streets of Rage 2
27th August - DOOM (1993)
2nd October - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

6th October - Astral Chain

All in all, very good indeed. Took a couple of levels to stop playing it like Bayonetta and I spent a fair bit more time in menus (once I realised there was an upgrade system) than in a usual Platinum game, but once I figured that out stuff it clicked.

Great opening level and I think Files 6-9 are all some of the best gaming I've ever enjoyed. Started to drag on a bit post that and going to the Astral plane ended up feeling like VR missions in Metal Gear Solid, but ridiculous difficulty spike of a final boss aside (and one instakill move that almost made me snap my Switch in two) I loved it.

Looks incredible. Stylish as hell. Really fun characters. Some genuinely great and varied side missions. And as you'd expect from Platinum, a raft of insane bosses bigger and better than the last. Even liked the plot!

Glad it sold well and hope there's a sequel of sorts.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

hazeredmist wrote: October 6th, 2019, 11:34 pm Untitled Goose Game (Switch)

I enjoyed the first section then it quickly became a fairly irritating stealth game for me as the novelty rapidly wore off. I was relieved to see the end credits and won’t be bothering with post-game stuff. Art style, music direction and general vibe very nice though, I just didn’t enjoy playing it much after a while.
Very similar thoughts at my end. Good fun for about ten minutes, tiresome for another ten and I haven't touched it since.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

clippa wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:39 am Honk!
Even if that 4 hour indie game about a duck was the best 4 hours I'd had in a long time and it was really life affirming and it made my top ten list. I'd still end up thinking "what is point?"

I can't be chuffed with any of that nonsense nowadays. Give me a big hairy roguelite or a shmup, a proper game, made to be infinitely replayable. Something I'm gonna get lost in and pump hours into, not this one and done shit.

What's the point in downloading all these little bitty, throwaway games. I hate all those indie platformers for example that are built around one gimmick, one gimmick that seems purposefully designed to outstay it's welcome exactly just before the 8 hour mark when you finish the game. You buy fucking ten of them throughout the year. just buy spelunky, play that, get better and better and better at it.

I buy these short games, it's fun learning to play for the first 5 hours or so and 5 hours later the games fucking finished. I want to refine my skills and take it the next level. Games for people with low attention spans who probably enjoy the shopping thrill of spending money and the novelty of the new more than actually playing these games.

Huge imelda marcos shoe cupboard style steam libraries teaming with disposable shite. High heels they wore for five minutes 3 years ago, just sat there rotting.
I've tangled myself in mixed metaphors. Send help! Do shoes rot? Do games? Do brains?

Other people can do what they like, but it's just something I've noticed about myself, over the last 5 years or so I've been way more careful about what I buy. There was a point where I was buying a little indie game every couple of weeks and just moving on to the next one. I wasn't hurting anyone and I don't regret it, but there was a point where instead of buying a game I liked the look of, I'd just bookmark it instead. I went through the big list the other day and they all looked naff. It was just a big list of bullets dodged. There wasn't one I fancied playing in the cold light of day.

Miserable old bastard.
Although I regret this particular purchase of Untitled Goose Game, and the fact I love a good shmup & roguelite, I disagree with almost everything you said here :lol:

Horses for courses (I tried and failed to think of a way to sub in geese for horses here)

For me Untitled Goose Game is simply too expensive for what it is. For my £13 (already a discounted price) I hoped to be significantly more satisfied than I was when the game's loop became clear to me and just didn't appeal as much as I'd hoped.

The last "one and done" indie game I played was Night in the Woods, and that game hit me for six. I loved it, and even if I never load it up again, I'll always remember it for how it impacted me and feel it was excellent value. Just one of many such examples.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

clippa wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:39 am Give me a big hairy roguelite or a shmup, a proper game, made to be infinitely replayable. Something I'm gonna get lost in and pump hours into, not this one and done shit.
I understand the gist of what you're trying to say but I would advise against painting with too broad of a brush. There are plenty of AA and AAA games with elaborate cutscenes and an official "10+ hours" completion time that nevertheless possess enormous replay value and are built from the ground up towards mechanical mastery and long-term engagement. And I'm not talking about inflated completion times based on pointless collectathons or randomized grindfests, but games that reward actual skill and dedication. Perhaps not to the same extent as pure shmups and rogue-likes, but certainly more so than one might assume at first glance from the outside.

clippa wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:39 am I want to refine my skills and take it the next level.
I totally get that, really. Lemme give you a few examples of the sort of games that hit that specific spot for me in other genres.

I haven't played Untitled Goose Game but it appears to have a lot in common with Hitman, a game which really took me by surprise with its robust and substantial core mechanical foundation. Very slow-paced and methodical, probably not your thing whatsoever, but that game is completely centered around the idea of experimenting with a wide variety of different strategies and becoming more and more efficient with each retry. Stealth games in general are great at this sort of things (the good ones, at least). MGS: Ground Zeroes was widely derided as an overpriced 'one and done' tech demo when it came out and yet I had an enormous amount of fun replaying the same handful of missions over and over again, perfecting my runs and progressively shaving precious seconds off of my completion time.

Character action games are an even better example, I think. Those games only ever 'end' when the player gives up and they can last you a lifetime if you're so inclined. High level Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta make the Batman combat look like Singstar. No matter how good you are, there is always something else to strive for if you're willing to persevere and improve your skills.

I won't poison the board with even more of that drivel, but let's just say there is a game out there that has given me about as many hours of raw undiluted entertainment as Spelunky has to you, and I'm certainly not done with it yet. ;)

Then there are open-ended puzzle games, in a slightly different category of course. Probably not your thing either, but I can easily see myself going back to Infinifactory time and time again in order to improve upon and optimize my solutions. That game's underlying structure is so incredibly solid that I don't see it ever losing its appeal entirely, for me at least.

I can't really speak about those from my personal experience, but there are plenty of strategy, racing and fighting games with super-dedicated player bases out there, even 10+years after release.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of different games available for people who care about skill-based gameplay and replayability first and foremost. Those might be a different flavor and require a different mindset than what you tend to gravitate towards, but that doesn't automatically mean that they're all superficial fare built towards passive entertainment (even though most players may treat them as such, unfortunately). You'd be surprised how much juice can be pressed out of certain games most people often discard as 'one and done' experiences.

Provocative TL;DR: Somebody who shelves Bayo after the first credit roll isn't that far removed from somebody who does the same for Ketsui after using 32 continues. :P
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

clippa wrote: October 7th, 2019, 4:13 pm They've probably turned it into a fucking 3rd person shooter by now, have they? :lol:
They tried with one of the sequels but it wasn't well received by long-time fans at all. The 2016 reboot and its sequel on the other hand thankfully take a complete 'back to the roots' approach and are as slow, methodical, strategic, and True-Hitman-y as it gets. Fantastic games, the complete opposite of dumbed down action shooters.

clippa wrote: October 7th, 2019, 4:13 pm It's weird that you think I haven't played these big games
Oh no, I wasn't implying that. But in my experience a lot of people tend to play these superficially and end up missing out on a lot of what makes them such rich and rewarding experiences. There's playing and then there's playing.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

clippa wrote: October 7th, 2019, 9:39 am Games for people with low attention spans who probably enjoy the shopping thrill of spending money and the novelty of the new more than actually playing these games.
Hello!

I broadly agree with all of your points and find 'indie' games largely very generic, derivative and superficial. That said, I'm prepared to wade through ten shiters for the occasional Sayonara Wild Hearts or Momodora: Reverie etc or hmmm...Yeah, the main upside with my rampant consumerism of the latter years is that I don't really buy the FOTM indie fodder so much any more. At one stage I was spending £300,000 a month on pixel art Metroidvanias which isn't really sustainable. To be honest, I'm a good boy with crap tier shmups, as well. I didn't buy Pawarumi or Freedom Finger or anything else for a good while. Nothing since...ooh...Q-Blaster, which was dogshit.

Goose was a worthwhile gamble, and much less disappointing than Link's Awakening.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: October 7th, 2019, 5:04 pm
clippa wrote: October 7th, 2019, 4:13 pm They've probably turned it into a fucking 3rd person shooter by now, have they? :lol:
They tried with one of the sequels but it wasn't well received by long-time fans at all. The 2016 reboot and its sequel on the other hand thankfully take a complete 'back to the roots' approach and are as slow, methodical, strategic, and True-Hitman-y as it gets. Fantastic games, the complete opposite of dumbed down action shooters.
I totally understand why long time fans were disappointed, but Hitman Absolution was the first one I properly played, and really enjoyed it. There were some shooty sections, but a lot of the game was the big open sandbox type levels with loads of different ways to reach your objective. I think a lot of people (and I'm certainly not implicating you with this comment) really didn't give the game a fair chance, because the Hitman they loved is truly there. It's just linked together by some more outright action sections that played like an Uncharted/Gears cover shooter. I think the game was really quite decent.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Alex79uk wrote: October 7th, 2019, 8:19 pm I think a lot of people (and I'm certainly not implicating you with this comment) really didn't give the game a fair chance, because the Hitman they loved is truly there. It's just linked together by some more outright action sections that played like an Uncharted/Gears cover shooter.
I'll openly confess to not having played it at all! :lol:

I remember much of the reviews and promotional material focusing rather extensively on the lame shooty sections, so that was a bit of a red flag for me. Plus the fan feedback was glacial, and that tends to be the deciding factor for me when it comes to long-standing series within niche genres. See also: Splinter Cell Conviction, the Thief reboot and... *cough* Metal Gear Survive.

Reboot is top tier. I'm good with that one.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

ThirdMan wrote: October 8th, 2019, 7:23 am The best thing that has happened to me in gaming terms over the past 3 or 4 years has been shaking off all my preconceptions of what a game must offer to be a 'real game'. I find that type of language very reductive. It's also quite self-serving as I suspect many of those same people would consider videogames as works of art. They (rightly) want the definition of art to be extended to include their favourite interactive, goal-oriented games, yet don't seem willing to similarly extend the concept of 'game' to include those other types of experiences - those indie creations that are to videogames what videogames are to traditional art. People seem forever destined to plant their little flag in what they think is the 'real thing'.
Very true.

I'll admit to being deeply conflicted when it comes to this sort of thing.

On one hand, I love the creative diversity that video games provide. I love the broad varieties of experiences they can offer and I love just how creatively liberated they can be in comparison to more traditionally codified mediums like cinema and literature. Games can be long or short, goal-oriented or experience-oriented, cheap indies or massively expensive AAA, verbose or mute, complex or streamlined, narrative-based or mechanics-based, arcade or simulation, hand-crafted or procedurally generated, and much more and everything in-between. This lack of preemptive delineation of what a game can be goes well beyond the traditional concept of "genres". A game can be whatever its creators want it to be, in theory at least, and I think that's an inherent strength of this medium and something that should be celebrated. I like to step outside of my area of expertise every one in a while and experiment with different genres and design philosophies. I like to read the thoughts and opinions of people with completely different tastes and preferences from myself. I love the sense of discovering something which I didn't initially think would be my thing and yet it turns out to be exactly that.

I never join in the talk of "X is not a real game". If it's an interactive computer program designed for entertainment, it's a video game. Space Invaders, Flower, League of Legends, Farming Simulator 19, Papers, Please & Devil May Cry 5 are all video games. Period.

But on the other hand, I think our culture and discourse is plagued by toxic truisms and dynamics that mostly serve to discard things I care about. Most of my all-time favorite video games are on the demanding side of things. They're not easy-to-pick-up, codified, one-and-done experiences. They require a bit of effort in order to reveal their strength and beauty. And in this age of over-saturation and short attention spans, that's effort that the vast majority of players simply aren't willing to put in. Which wouldn't be an issue (horses for courses, after all) if it didn't have a direct effect on the industry itself. And unfortunately, it has. There is a vicious cycle at play here and I don't think it would be intellectually honest of me to put it all on the mean studio executives.

Put it this way: I would never dream of going to the Dear Esther subreddit and telling people that it needs to incorporate all sorts of mechanics and elements in order to pander to my tastes and preferences. That'd be absurd. To each their own and I want these people to have fun as well with a product that focuses on what is important to them. Basically, I try to be cognizant of all the different lanes and to be respectful whenever I venture onto somebody else's. But unfortunately, that doesn't always seem to work both ways.

Whenever somebody cares and knows a lot about a particular subject, it becomes very clear whether others do or not. I have no problem with somebody disagreeing with me, even strongly, as long as they know what they're talking about and are arguing in good faith. What I do have a problem with are uninformed takes that are coming from a place of laziness and entitlement. That's when my elitist tendencies come out.

Plus the rampant recency bias that dominates so much of the "conversation". Which is just completely toxic nonsense that does a lot more harm than good and yet nobody ever bothers to question it. We talked about it recently so I won't expand on it any further, but let's just say the problem doesn't seem to be going away.

The fact remains the vast majority of my favorite game series have become dumbed down and devalued over time in order to pander to the lowest common denominator. Often to the sound of thunderous applause coming from the least invested portion of the consumer base. And honestly, it's really hard not to become bitter about that. Especially when paid professionals are seemingly just swimming with the current and actively reinforcing a lot of these attitudes. When the God of War reboot came out last year you could barely find any reviewers that didn't go out of their way to badmouth old-school GoW in order to prop up the new one, for example. Some commenters were pointing out the reduction in strategic depth that came from the removal of the Jump mechanic only to be met with "Thank god they removed that useless feature. Keep that gamey shit in the past." Yeah, stuff like that is hard for me to swallow. Especially since we had to wait six months for the hype cycle to die down and the first comprehensive critical analyses to come out.

I don't like gatekeeping and I never advocate for it in practice (mostly because of all the social nastiness that usually derives from it, sexism, etc...). I'm no stranger to the internet and I've visited a number of forums in my day so I understand how toxic people can get about this sort of thing, but I'd also be lying if I said I didn't understand the urge to protect the things I care about sometimes.

So yeah. Bit of cognitive dissonance on my end. Our medium is beautiful in all its diversity. But I wish people were more respectful and less complacent in general and that the system wasn't completely set up so as to make everybody buy the latest and shiniest at the expense of everything else. :(
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

It's a matter of investment. I think the majority of people on this forum have gaming deeply embedded and are as happy for Papers, Please to succeed as Fortnite as any success benefits the industry and the games released.

But for the people who gaming is that thing they do with the family kids at Christmas, or that 30 minutes before heading out to the nightclub, they don't have the history (another 30+ years for me) or the passion and just want to be able to pick up the controllers - that look ever so complicated compared to their smartphone/TV Remote - and have a kickabout on FIFA, or a quick match on Call of Duty: This Years Edition; for them there isn't the interest into how the game has come about based on previous generations of similar games, they just want to play, don't care about the lore or whether there are better versions as it's the one that they saw in a banner ad whilst browsing socials, or which their nephew is old enough to play.

The apps they download to their smart device is always free so why should they be paying and in the industry is having to deal with models that have to marry this 'everything should be cheaper' with the vocal 'do it again but better' and then their own artistic desires on top. And some of this is nothing to do with gaming but is to do with the growth in intolerance generally - the Rockstar fans in this instance almost no different from the hardcore football fans.

I like a hobby where I can switch from Destiny 2 to Wargroove (last nights gaming), or Abzu to Mortal Kombat and I speak as someone who has never played any Mortal Kombat since the first game. I hope the industry remains in a position to continue to provide all those different forms of the media. It appears like the mid-tier game s very scarce as everything is either the Big AAA Title or Next Cult Indie - I wonder how this two tier system tallies to films, or books.

I have no interest in schmups but I fully support a hobby that means the genre exists and I hope the industry is able to plot a course where it is able to bring out a variety of games and interactive media.

Think I've lost track of where I wanted to go with this!

TL:dr Think I'm supporting everyone to some extent ...
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

ThirdMan wrote: October 8th, 2019, 10:21 am Which game series have been dumbed down? That's not a trick question. Genuinely interested.
Genuinely puzzled as to how anybody around here could not know what I mean by now considering how often I like to rehash the same old shit. :lol: I'll keep it in spoiler tags so as to not annoy everybody else:
Spoiler: show
Resident Evil is probably the best example of that overall. The classic games in my opinion have a near-perfect combination of strategic combat and exigent inventory management underscored by a powerful and idiosyncratic presentation style. RE4 changed a lot but also introduced an insanely precise combat system baked into its impeccable encounter design. The more recent entries on the other hand have all but abandoned most of the stuff I like about the series in favor of condescending hand-holding, cheap jump scares and RNG-ridden combat with barely any room for improvement and mastery. RE7 is a completely shallow and monotonous stick-pushing abomination that plays itself without leaving anything to the imagination and RE2make is a very mixed bag with a boatload of problems (despite bringing back the top-tier inventory management aspect with a vengeance, to its credit). I'm not at all optimistic about the future of the series considering how Capcom seems more interested in doubling down on a bunch of idiotic high-concept spin-offs nobody asked for rather than porting their old games properly.

Fire Emblem suffered a similar fate. Prior to Awakening on the 3DS, these games were defined by their deep tactical gameplay loop that forced the players to think about what they were doing ahead of time without giving them any easy way out. The narrative side of things was also surprisingly mature and potent for a first-party Nintendo series with stories about grounded characters dealing with tangible geo-political threats and a variety of themes associated with it. Awakening dismantled pretty much all of that by introducing overpowered skills and endless grinding opportunities, letting players opt out of the established penalty for tactical failure, on top of severely toning down the complexity of the maps. The end result being a tactical anticlimax with a completely front-loaded difficulty curve. Last but not least, the story lost all sense of gravitas and chose to zero in on the vacuous fantasy aspects and shoe-horned in some grotesque dating sim elements. Hard pass. It's a game tailor-suited for folks who don't actually like Fire Emblem and yet it has become the de facto face of the franchise since then. I hear the more recent Three Houses is a return to form in many respects but the damage that Awakening caused to the franchise is still noticeable. A lot of the criticism aimed at TH comes from Aw. fans who are completely obsessed with shipping characters and are frustrated with the fact that the later chapters actually expect them to put together a coherent strategy. Yikes.

Classic 2D Metroid is defined by its cerebral backtracking and minimalist storytelling with a clear focus on isolation and atmosphere. Those games expect you to get lost and feel completely cut off from any support system only to find your way out through sheer perseverance and sense of orientation (not unlike some of the Souls games, really). The first 2 Prime games understand that very well and do a fantastic job at transposing that core experience into the 3D space with their complex levels filled with puzzles and secrets. Apart from an icon that pops up on the map after a while, those games expect you to find your own way through and deal with all the hurdles that present themselves on your own terms. Door is locked and you need a specific power-up to open it? It's out there somewhere, good luck. The third game (Corruption) shows signs of focus-tested malarkey with its simplified corridors and numerous cutscenes dealing with its superfluous, pseudo Star Wars-esque secondary characters. It still gets the fundamentals right, but you can already tell it's trying to be a lot more accommodating to newer players as its predecessors. Other M is a complete disaster from start to finish that goes full "brainless cinematic" and focuses on some weird relationship between Samus and her CO. It tries to be a poignant and tragic human story punctuated by white-knuckle action segments and it fails spectacularly at both. The recent Samus Returns on 3DS is a much more decent proposal, but it's also plagued by heavy signposting with a mechanic dedicated to explicitly reveal all of the surrounding secrets with a single button press. A far cry from the heights of Super or Echoes.

Those first three are a great example of what I mean by dumbed down. Their classic iterations are certainly acquired tastes and aren't suited for mundane 20 minutes sessions before going to bed. They're a bit rough around the edges and they can be a bit intimidating at first. But that's also what makes them so rewarding and special once you learn their intricacies and dedicate some time and effort to them. Their modern counterparts fall incredibly flat in comparison. All empty calories and nowhere near enough fiber.

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 (on the Xbox / 360) are some of best, tightest, and most challenging action games ever created with a ridiculously high skill ceiling. 3 plays like an atrocious third-rate parody of those by removing a lot of the weapons and combat options, turning previous mechanics into borderline cutscenes and interrupting the gameplay over and over again with idiotic cinematic elements. Not unlike Other M, it also takes itself incredibly seriously with its pseudo-serious storyline even though it has absolutely nothing to say and doesn't hesitate to sacrifice its main appeal (combat system) in the process. Irredeemable. The series is apparently dead and buried now.

The aforementioned God of War also qualifies. I'm one of the few old-school purists who actually likes the reboot. But there's no denying that it is a much more homogenized affair than the old ones. The combat focuses on elaborate long-winded animations that constantly come at the cost of responsiveness and spontaneous decision-making, something the old games don't suffer from. The RPG elements also seem like they were put in because that's what modern players expect rather than out of a sense of genuine design integrity. It's a really good game, I like it a lot. But it's also very... passive and bloated. A trend follower rather than a trend setter.

Last but not least, the Ninja Theory DmC reboot is a great example of the kind of issues that arise when a studio primarily focused on storytelling and presentation takes the reigns of a series known for its incredibly intricate gameplay mechanics. The game has its fans so I'll choose my words carefully, but I think it's fair to say that its combat system doesn't exactly compare favorably to DMC3's or 4's or 5's in terms of depth and fine-tuning, among a multitude of other issues.

I'll try to think of other examples, but that should get my point across for now. :P
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Took advantage of a month free Apple arcade and my wifes work iPad Pro she never uses to play this through.

Mixed bag really. Some great songs in there but in 90% of cases the levels are that short that it is done and dusted before the song could bed in. Gameplay is ok if a little frustrating in places, I felt I needed to be playing on a pad in the later levels. In some instances ''enemies'' either need countering with you moving or touching the screen at a certain point and it does a poor job of telegraphing what it coming next. I found the last level infuriating as it felt like luck to be progressing.

Little bit style over substance for me.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I had a similar response to you, Rich.