Volume Eight

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Volume Eight

Post by ratsoalbion »

Pilotwings 64 has never been rereleased, we believe due to complex/expired tech licensing issues - so it’s original hardware or emulation.

As for Paradroid and its sequel, I do have a C64 and an Amiga here but it’ll be PC emulation for ease and convenience. I’ve not had hands-on with any of the plug and play joystick type doobries.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

ratsoalbion wrote: January 30th, 2019, 10:13 pm Pilotwings 64 has never been rereleased, we believe due to complex/expired tech licensing issues - so it’s original hardware or emulation.

As for Paradroid and its sequel, I do have a C64 and an Amiga here but it’ll be PC emulation for ease and convenience. I’ve not had hands-on with any of the plug and play joystick type doobries.
Just a heads up fam, I tried listening to the new Sound of Play on Google Podcasts earlier (I believe it pulls from soundcloud?) and the "new" upload is actually an episode from last year. Something goofed, just wanted to let you know.
James

Post by James »

Thanks for the heads up, Magical_Isopod. It's the same on my download via Pocket Casts.

I've passed along to Leon and Jay to investigate. :?:
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

ratsoalbion wrote: January 30th, 2019, 10:13 pm Pilotwings 64 has never been rereleased, we believe due to complex/expired tech licensing issues - so it’s original hardware or emulation.

I’m now a proud owner of a c64 mini and an N64. My wife is going to kill me. She thinks one console is enough!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

dezm0nd wrote: January 11th, 2019, 6:46 am Gruntys Revenge is good if a little hollow compared to the first game.

Agreed with Tooie and DK64 points but will save them for the podcast later in the year
I’m not sure if I’ve missed anepisode somewhere but are you covering Banjo Tooie or is that wrapped up in another podcast?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

We talked about Tooie in our B-K show.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Thanks Leon. I thought it would be unlike you to have skipped a mainline entry in a series.

On a separate note this year is very animal/ ape themed.

Ape escape, monkey island, Donkey Kong, pony Island, banjo, wolf-enstein... :)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Hehehe.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ha, not at all deliberate but I’m into it.