The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by Alex79 »

hazeredmist wrote: April 10th, 2019, 10:15 am I've gone all-in on the current Switch, I'm very happy with it functionally. As a keen handheld gamer I've picked up a Satisfye Pro Gaming Grip with Elite case for all peripherals, and a decent power bank which gives me 3 extra charges of the Switch on a single charge, from within the case. This cures all the issues I had with the Switch as a handheld device. It's now immensely comfortable and has a mammoth battery life when I take it away :)

I love the Pro Controller which I use when the Switch is docked, for me it's superior to other console controllers I use.

Games are a-plenty. It's the Vita on crack, with great 'big' games and great indie titles. There are TONNES of retro options available. I must have a hundred. You don't need a branded Virtual Console for this.

There may be nice-to-haves from hardware revisions, but the current Switch is an excellent bit of kit.
Brilliant! That is literally all I needed, one person saying it's still worth getting the current version rather than waiting for the new one! Doesn't matter how many people say wait, if one person says the current one is worth getting now, that's the voice I'll listen to haha.

:lol:
Suits

Post by Suits »

Mario Maker 2 ordered.

Free pencil, pad and sharpener gained.

Bring. It. On.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Is there somewhere online I can set up a Nintendo account that I'd use on Switch? I'd like to take advantage of the free Online account you get if you're on Amazon prime and worry it'll only be available for a limited time. Basically I want to set up a Switch account now, despite not owning one yet. Make sense? Ta!
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Suits wrote: April 9th, 2019, 9:59 am Right, anyone else up for one of these Labo storage boxes from wonderful Craig ??

Or is it just me and Gargo ??
Is it too late? If not, yes please!
Suits

Post by Suits »

seansthomas wrote: April 12th, 2019, 5:55 pm
Suits wrote: April 9th, 2019, 9:59 am Right, anyone else up for one of these Labo storage boxes from wonderful Craig ??

Or is it just me and Gargo ??
Is it too late? If not, yes please!
Don’t think so mate, Craig’s not asked for the final numbers yet but you’ll make it three in total 👍🏽.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The Labo VR Blaster has impressed me to the point where it reminded me of picking up a Wii Remote for the first time
Craig

Post by Craig »

Yeah not too late! Will sort it out this weekend!
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Craig wrote: April 12th, 2019, 11:53 pm Yeah not too late! Will sort it out this weekend!
Nice one, thanks!
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Is the PS4/Switch port of FFVII easier than the PS1 original? I didn't think it was, but I basically just steamrollered my way through the game with no grinding whatsoever and demolished every single boss while barely breaking a sweat... Very different to my first experience playing the game.

Maybe it's just my relative familiarity with JRPGs compared to when I first played it?

Not boasting and I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but I was looking forward to experimenting with some of the more advanced materia types, and I've almost ran out of bosses to try them on - as someone mentioned on the podcast, it's remarkable how short a game it is with the 3x speed enabled. I vividly remember clocking 120 hours back on the ps1, in this version I think I've clocked a little over 20 and I'm at the final area already.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Box Boy + Box Girl Demo is now live in the UK store.

For those that are on the fence, or aren’t familiar with the game, I encourage you to give it a go.

A very rewarding puzzle platformer 😎.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Cuphead still hasn’t unlocked for some reason.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

chase210 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 9:52 am Cuphead still hasn’t unlocked for some reason.
Nintendo cheated not only the game, but themselves.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I thought Cuphead would have been a midnight unlock considering the profile, etc. It'll be a 2pm job now, I reckon.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Still not up.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I read that it'll be 5pm BST as it's a 9am PST release. Kind of irked that they were very happy to take my preorder dough while releasing the game three hours later than everything else on the eShop...

I'll live but I'll gripe a bit, too.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Pretty sure it's only first party games that unlock at midnight.

Everything else tends to be mid afternoon on the the day of release.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

There have been lots of games that unlocked at midnight, honestly, not just first party. I don't really mind but I find it a bit cheeky when only a privileged selection of games is given the preorder treatment for it to not even be available at 2pm when the store updates, never mind midnight.

Anyway, it's here now and I'm chopping a million onions and potatoes for tortilla patatas instead! :P
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I am not good at Cuphead.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Suits wrote: April 18th, 2019, 9:13 am Box Boy + Box Girl Demo is now live in the UK store.

For those that are on the fence, or aren’t familiar with the game, I encourage you to give it a go.

A very rewarding puzzle platformer 😎.
It’s such a chill game, I love it!

Make sure you play both sets of levels. The initial menu makes it sound like it’s singleplayer or multiplayer, but the later actually has an option to play by yourself as both boy and girl switching. It’s a bit fiddly, and obviously not as good as if you had a partner to play with, but perfectly doable.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

After about 30mins of playing, I have concluded that Cuphead is not a game for me.