The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by Alex79 »

Suits wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:17 am Looks like I'm getting back into SMM2 then.

This final update is massive.

I've over 100 hours into this game and this just makes it all fresh all over again.

Also, I would like to point out - Roy is included in this new update.
Looks amazing. I might give it another few months until people have built full, brilliant games, and give it a download. I know what I'm like with stuff like this, though. I've already spent half my time in Animal Crossing just designing shirts and paintings, Mario Maker would be the end of me. I'd not rest until I'd built a game in full...
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Tbh I only every really dipped into Maker levels as a curiosity, but the fact that people will essentially be able to make entire Mario games now is hugely exciting.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

I'm not sure that I have much interest in actually *making* Mario Maker levels, but the new update for Mario Maker 2 made me instantly buy a copy. The addition of *worlds* is the missing ingredient I didn't know I needed. It's surprisingly cheap to buy online too; I got a brand new copy for $73 (MSRP is $90.79 after tax). Abnormal for a Nintendo title, really.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I think I'm highly likely to give it a go now. Its only £39.99 on Amazon for the physical release. Going to have a look, but not found it any cheaper.
James

Post by James »

Also £39.99 for the digital release on CDKeys. Maybe worth it if it's a game you want perpetually on hand (I sometimes do this for fighting games), but obviously no resale value on that version.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh yeah thanks, but I definitely would prefer to go physical with first party Nintendo stuff.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Is CDKeys a sketchy graymarket reseller like G2A though? Because I know there are a lot of sites like G2A out there. I'd never use them myself. Unless it's to buy Windows. :x I'm sorry, but $300+ for an OS is absurd to me.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

CDKeys are (at least to my knowledge) a decent respectable website.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

https://citizenjournal.net/is-cdkeys-co ... game-keys/

“CDKeys is different than G2A and Kinguin because purchases made on the CDKeys website are endorsed and backed by the company itself, whereas G2A and Kinguin are purchases offered by individual sellers. Individual sellers decrease the reliability of third party products, due to having limitations in what G2A and Kinguin control. They serve mostly as a platform to connect buyers and sellers, not to sell game keys specifically backed by their business.”
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

It's £39.65 on the official Nintendo eShop (of South Africa).
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020 ... acy-breach

As had been speculated in a few places, the issue appears to be how you could use the old Nintendo network ID to log into a linked switch account.

Nintendo are saying none of their servers were accessed (at least that’s the story at the moment), so this is potentially people with a reused password on the nnid which they’ve long since forgotten they even used. It’s not helped that you can only actually change the password on the nnid on your actual 3ds or WiiU.

So change everything you can, as per usual.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Another good step, is that in the website you can activate two factor authentication, if you’ve not already.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I just turned my Wii U on for the first time in months and it reminded me of how much I actually like it. Incredibly quiet and compact, ludicrous Pro Controller battery charge, great UI, not to mention the excellent Virtual Console lineup and how cool it is to basically have an entire Wii built into the console itself. You can play so many fantastic games on this one.

This is a great console and I wish it would have been more successful.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Ah, it’s wonderful, I adore it so.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

The Switch port tax has always been a bit ridiculous, but £45 for Burnout Paradise Remastered is a new low!

I was looking forward to this but - pardon my language - fuck that!

£17.99 when it launched on PC last year apparently, which seems far more reasonable for a spruce-up of a 12 year old game.

EA really have no interest at all in being liked do they...
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Bloody hell, that's absurd. You can get it on PC right now for 1/10th of that price.

I have been thinking about picking it up recently too. Always been reluctant to given how I really hate how EA has handled the series, and all the other stuff related to that mess. But being able to have the choice of playing it either on the TV or in my hands sounded somewhat appealing. No way am I spending that much though. That's ludicrous. Not to mention having to pay for online, which is a pretty big part of that game.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: April 30th, 2020, 4:41 pm The Switch port tax has always been a bit ridiculous, but £45 for Burnout Paradise Remastered is a new low!

I was looking forward to this but - pardon my language - fuck that!

£17.99 when it launched on PC last year apparently, which seems far more reasonable for a spruce-up of a 12 year old game.

EA really have no interest at all in being liked do they...
Agree entirely.

Sorry but 'Switch Tax' just isn't good enough. It's ridiculous, and although I'd have probably taken a look for around £20 I have no intention of doing so for more than double that.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

I'm not usually one to moan about game prices - I don't even mind paying $60 for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for example. But yeah, $50 for Burnout Paradise is bananas.
James

Post by James »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: April 30th, 2020, 4:41 pm The Switch port tax has always been a bit ridiculous, but £45 for Burnout Paradise Remastered is a new low!
Aw, really?!

I was looking forward to a handheld version of Paradise, if only to relive the Burnout Legends days on PSP. £45 is a ruddy joke, though. I mean, I'm not gonna tell EA how to price their games, but I'm also not paying full whack for a game I've bought 5(?) times already. :x
James

Post by James »

New Paper Mario game just announced?!
Paper Mario: The Origami King, due 17th July 2020. :o