The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Flabyo

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by Flabyo »

I suspect this is pretty much all Nintendo are in any position to talk about right now, I doubt they have anything else they can show of anything else.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

KSubzero1000 wrote: October 30th, 2018, 6:53 pm Look, Nintendo. Everybody who might be even remotely interested in Smash has already more than enough information to make a purchasing decision.

Give us a simple screenshot of Prime 4 instead!
Yep agree. Sadly I don't care about Smash at all so need something to get excited about!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Seems like N64 classic announcement is imminent!
Suits

Post by Suits »

chase210 wrote: November 1st, 2018, 11:16 am Seems like N64 classic announcement is imminent!
How, where, who !!

Link ????
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Only a rumour but these guys correctly said we’d get the smash direct we’re getting today

https://gamingintel.com/nintendo/leak-n ... -imminent/
Suits

Post by Suits »

Nice, cheers for sharing.

Guess we’ll see soon enough if this new lead is any good.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

This direct might replace Wandering Flame as my soundtrack to fall asleep to :|
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Confirmed. Smash Bros developers have seen Infinity War
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I do like a fighting game story mode so I am interested now. Roster is as we know huge. There will be 5 DLC packs for $5.99 each or you can buy all together in one pass for $24.99. If you pre order this pass you get Piranha Plant as a character as a bonus.

The Smash Switch does look nice with the characters on the left and right of the dock
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Because what the Smash theme needed was lyrics, it’s all a bit Kingdom Hearts :)

(The track is on the smash website in full, sound of play bound? It’s extremely cheesy)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Never played Smash really but I'm delighted to see my boy Ken in there after his bastardised SFV form. I'll be in on this day one, absolutely blown away by the sheer amount of STUFF in there. I loved the Mii costumes too, look so goofy. Ribbon Girl was hilarious and cute.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

I just cancelled my preorder for Smash. A few goes on the 3DS is all I’ve ever played of the series, but I was originally excited enough to sell Zelda and Mario Tennis to fund it. Now I’m a bit sick of hearing about it, the more I see if it the less sure I am that I’ll be any good at it, and have decided I’d much rather spend the money on Mutant Football League and Moonlighter!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Huh, when I realised that the Direct was all about SSB and during work time, I decided not to watch it and didn't realise that Yoshi's crafted world was going to be on the Treehouse event after it.

I'm rather excited for this game, as I very much enjoyed Wooly World.

The stream which is about half an hour long shows off the menu screen, world map, level options and as you can imagine - quite a bit of the levels. It also shows how the multiplayer will work.

I won't spoil anything by giving out any details, as even I stopped watching as soon as I thought I probably don't need to see this. All I'll say is that if you were/are a fan of Wooly World, then you'll very much like this.

I'm also hopeful of an early 2019 release !!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I’ve played a few hours of Pokemon Let’s Go now and.... it’s a really mixed bag, I don’t know what to think.

It would be incorrect to say there’s no fun whatsoever here, for sure. But at the same time, it hardly feels like a Pokemon game at all. I wouldn’t have been surprised if this came out on mobile or something, honestly.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I'd buy the bugger if it had Pro support, having never played any Pokemon before, but no chance am I playing any game with a single Joycon ever in my life.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Stanshall wrote: November 16th, 2018, 8:46 pm I'd buy the bugger if it had Pro support, having never played any Pokemon before, but no chance am I playing any game with a single Joycon ever in my life.
That’s only docked in fairness. In handheld mode it’s played normally and you have to move the switch for catching and stuff.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Single Joycon works perfectly for portable multiplayer and vertical shmups, even though my fingers are long. Those with meaty man-paws might struggle.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Yeah, my hands are more Donkey Kong than Bayonetta. I don't play handheld much for the similar reasons, though I did order a Satisfye grip which has proper handles like a Vita third party grip I tried at my mate's. So so much more comfy for a ground pounder.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I reckon it plays pretty well with that ball thing.
JadePhoenix

Post by JadePhoenix »

I've found that it's pretty much unplayable in docked mode, I normally don't mind motion controls (lets be honest, I've been making throwing motions while I catch Pokemon for 15 years,) but these seem really random. The one-handed control is really hard to use, using the same hand both to move and to interact with things just doesn't work for me at all. Handheld mode is a totally different story though, it just controls like a normal game and I'm really enjoying it.