Mortal Kombat 11

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

Re: Mortal Kombat 11

Post by James »

Shaun Himmerick, I think. He deserved it. ;-)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

James wrote: January 17th, 2019, 10:55 pm Shaun Himmerick, I think. He deserved it. ;-)
Yeah that was him!!! 17 wins from 17. Amazing night :lol: :lol:
James

Post by James »

Haha, glad I wasn't there to make it 18! ;)
James

Post by James »

Just rewatched the Geras trailer, and I have to say he looks like good fun to me. Also, only just got that his abilities are based around sand and time... the sands of time!

(Clearly I was very tired tonight to not have realised that right away.)

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

James wrote: January 18th, 2019, 12:06 am Just rewatched the Geras trailer, and I have to say he looks like good fun to me. Also, only just got that his abilities are based around sand and time... the sands of time!

(Clearly I was very tired tonight to not have realised that right away.)

I tried him out, he felt chunky vs the usual so you probably need to consider your movement more
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: January 17th, 2019, 11:04 pm Yeah that was him!!! 17 wins from 17. Amazing night :lol: :lol:
What are you, some sort of MLG MK player or something ?!?! :lol:
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Geras has moves that can add or remove time from the game clock. So you can perform the ultimate in trolling timer scams. If Justin Wong played Netherrealm stuff, this character would be his main.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Flabyo wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:48 pm Two meters though, one for offensive moves and one for defensive. Going to need to see more of that to know how it works, but it feels like you’re going to be spending different meter to do Breakers and X-Ray moves. So you don’t lose one option by doing the other. Hmm.
This is so interesting. At face value, 2 meters increase the game's complexity and depth as they give the player more to work with, yet it actually impacts decision making on how to spend your meter in a negative way, as you no longer need to run a secondary game plan in your head on how to balance your offense and defense. Now it's just a matter of "wait till option X is available", though you'd still have to save up for the bigger moves, I take it.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

It looks that way. You have two bars of each meter, one bar of the attack meter let’s you EX an attack (and some moves you can do that to twice). It wasn’t clear if any attacking options needed two bars yet.

For the defence meter you spend a bar to do a roll escape, and you can spend a bar to do wakeup attacks with armour when recovering from knockdown.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsxyO_2F28M ... k9t1nxz1vf

Some pictures of last night, it was a top night. We were given a MK branded coin (or Koin?) to get a free drink on arrival but I kept mine.

They never explained the partnership with Xbox at all unless I missed something?. There were adverts for game pass dotted around with the fact MKX is on there.

Fatalities were all on simple mode so all you had to do was press Y whenever you were at a set distance away. Never saw Sub Zeros thinking about it now. I played as Baraka most of the night. I beat someone with a flawless victory and fatality near the end :lol: he took it well.

Will be preordering as I did with Injustice 2 and MKX.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

First Kombat Kast is done (and in theory you will be able to watch it back again on twitch at some point), showed off Kabal and went into more detail about the other characters already revealed.

We’ve also had a screenshot of Kano shown, and just now on Inside Xbox they showed a screenshot of D’vorrah, so it seems the ‘none of the new characters from mkx will return’ rumour was wrong.

Ferra/Torr? Please? :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Fingers crossed for Jax but can already see me maining Baraka
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The piece with Ed Boon on Inside Xbox was interesting in that he said their aim was the make mk11 feel like it plays as differently from mkx as mkx did from mk9.

That’s directly addressing a lot of the ‘complaints’ so far that it’s changed too much.

There were some other nice things, like you now have the option to have subtitles on for all speech, rather than just out of combat cut scenes. (And also the ability to have it put the subtitles on a black background, which is a major accessibility plus for some people)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Well from what I’ve seen so far, Jade looks to be the character I’ll probably try first.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

She looks good!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I still don't have any real interest in the game itself, but that Fatality made me laugh harder than I should have! :lol:
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah I am so hyped for this.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

If you don’t mind the spoilers, you may find a screenshot someone took of the current character select screen that shows almost all the characters that were in the build being used on the last kombat kast if you go looking.

It’s a good roster, and I’m looking forward to proper reveal trailers for them all.

But I won’t spoil the actual list in this thread.
James

Post by James »

Everything about Johnny looks great to me. The Fatality is the icing on the cake, and wonderfully reflects the character's goofiness.

The leak is unfortunate, but it's not like the MK11 roll out has been a watertight affair. Like Glen, I won't spoil anything here. A couple of YT thumbnails already gave the game away for me, and I'm pretty stoked by the leaked roster. Can't wait to see these characters in action!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Looks like the PR machine has been fully unleashed now.

The story mode trailer is out, confirming a lot of the leaks.
Spoiler: show
And there’s other stuff too, there’s some new stuff on this weeks Outside Xbox for example. So I suspect some sort of embargo is up on after a press event.

Kombat Kast tonight is apparently mostly about Kano.