Shmups

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79uk

Re: Shmups

Post by Alex79uk »

Yeah I picked it up again. Not my favorite shmup, but for £3 it's silly not to. :lol:

Belmont03

Post by Belmont03 »

@Michiel, you've got a "new" member in that choir. Currently searching for a PVM that won't cost me an arm and a leg. My current setup is a 32' Phillips Magnovox MX series. It's a great tv but I'd like something smaller with a better picture.

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

There's 2 of us now! We had some other CRT advocates like Suits, but I don't think he posts here anymore, so we have to make do with Twitter and WhatsApp. :P

Good luck with the PVM search! They're increasingly hard to find. I'm happy with my massive Bang & Olufsen MX7000 and the smaller Trinitron for my cartridge based consoles myself, but I hear that PVMs are amazing.

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Where are the shmup people at in this lovely forum, these days? :o

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk »

All sat eagerly anticipating yours to play :lol:

shadowless_kick

Post by shadowless_kick »

just posted in the Whatcha Playing thread about Rolling Gunner, which I've just started. I like it. 8-)

I'd like to get excited about the new Cotton games, but honestly, nothing I've seen makes them seem like must-plays for me. we'll see how Rock n' Roll develops.

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Alex79uk wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:36 pm All sat eagerly anticipating yours to play :lol:
Haha, fair enough!

@shadowless_kick I'm still waiting on my copy of Cotton Reboot! (Switch) from Strictly Limited. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it got a lot of good reviews!

I probably better secure that next bundle if I want a physical, I think...