Shmups

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Shmups

Post by ratsoalbion »

oh

:D

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk »

Where's Ksub at lately? Anyone heard from him? If he reads this, hope you're well mate. Haven't seen you around the forum for a while. :)

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Same. I’m not a huge fan of shmups but I am a huge fan of Ksub!

Marlew

Post by Marlew »

Without speaking for him, I think he's taking a break/stepped aside somewhat. He's very much missed, I agree.

This thread certainly burned bright, maybe flew too close to the sun.

shadowless_kick

Post by shadowless_kick »

how come no one told me about Sega's Astro City Mini arcade stick? I've been getting frustrated playing ESP Ra.De. on the PS4 using the pad, and was pretty sure I'd go for the Mayflash F500 for compatibility and the relatively low price, then I found out about this.

arcade sticks are such a surprisingly deep rabbit hole I don't really wanna be bothered to explore, so if this is a faithful representation of an actual Astro City control panel, I think I'm sold. ...that is, of course, assuming it will work with anything other than an Astro City Mini :?:

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Yeah, that stick looks tasty!
Marlew wrote: October 7th, 2020, 6:40 pm This thread certainly burned bright, maybe flew too close to the sun.
Hmmm yeah. This thread certainly has made its victims.

@Simonsloth you might just not realise you're a fan of shmups yet. My 10 year old thought there was nothing more boring than a 2D autoscrolling shooter... until he played Gradius V with me.

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Been getting into more hori Konami shooters after some recent acquirements: Salamander 2, Gokujou Parodius and Sexy Parodius.