Shmups

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
Stanshall

Re: Shmups

Post by Stanshall »

Alex79uk wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Oh yeah I have Japan and USA accounts set up, just wondered how you'd gone about buying credit. Incidentally, have you tried the Japanese NES library app? It's worth getting for a couple of extra games.
I have done in the past but not got it installed at the moment. Maybe I'm somewhat odd in that I always have 54 games installed because I like having the chunks of nine games. Seems to fit the screen in a satisfying way (more so even than 6 x 6, oddly enough). Probably OCD type tendency but it's not stressful to have a different number, just visually satisfying. In terms of icon colours and chromatic balance it's also...sorry, what was the question? Yeah, great icon, I must say.

Also, still really enjoying Missile Dancer, just got a clear on Hard so only Expert to go now. Might be beyond me but it's fun enough that I'll give it a good go. It's also available on Steam for anyone interested.

PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Stanshall wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Also, still really enjoying Missile Dancer, just got a clear on Hard so only Expert to go now. Might be beyond me but it's fun enough that I'll give it a good go. It's also available on Steam for anyone interested.
it's only £1.69 on Steam. Sold! :o

---------

I got my first 1CC on Progear back in June, was on a high for hours. Definitely still got unfinished business there, I was on track for a second loop but hadn't fought the final boss for over a month and tried REALLY hard to throw it away.

Shmups are more or less all I'm playing at the moment, they're the only thing that shuts up my internal monologue. On good days it's like pushing a reset button on my brain :lol:

I've got Vasara, Blazing Star and Soldier Blade all sitting at the "learn the final stage" stage, and a bunch of others all demanding attention. I can't believe it's taken this long to properly sink my teeth into these games

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

^^^^AND you used to have an Iceman of Batsugun avatar, didn't you?

PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Michiel K wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 2:48 pm
^^^^AND you used to have an Iceman of Batsugun avatar, didn't you?
He's the kind of hero we need right now! Also designed by Junya Inoue, the director of Progear 8-) A PATTERN EMERGES 8-)

Here's that clear, btw

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Ah, cool man. Will give it a watch!

Any more progress on Gradius V? Haven't had the time to keep it up, but I shall return to it soon.