Google Stadia

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: Google Stadia

Post by DomsBeard »

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia- ... ba-p/23371

5 new games for Stadia Pro in June. Cracking, least two of those I've wanted to play before.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Signed up and tried out serious Sam collection for about 5 minutes and was impressed by its stability.

If streaming is the future and this is the start, then I'll be all for it if I dont have to pay out 100s of pounds for hardware.

I'll still prefer to have a box under my tv for my favourites but for others which I'll dabble in and out with, streaming ensures I'll be a customer regardless of my setup at home
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm sure it is A future, not sure about THE future. I've been playing Metal Gear Rising via PS Now streaming recently, and when it works it works great, but more than once I've had to abandon it for the night because my Virgin Internet has been slow and the lag made the game unplayable. Its just completely dependent on decent Internet I suppose, so until that's 100% reliable 100% of the time, streaming will never be anyone's preferred choice.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Yeah, it being A future is probably what I should've said. Cheers! :)

More options the better in my opinion. I don't REALLY care where I play games anymore, just as long as I can experience the ones I really want.

Still a bit gutted I've not played Half Life Alyx yet.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You can play the demo of the new Ubisoft game Immortals Fenyx Rising for the next 7 days. Also instead of one month free you currently get two as well.

Worth it for Bomberman alone to be honest.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia- ... ba-p/36365
See Mi Yah

Post by See Mi Yah »

I signed up to this last week and it's been a blurry, laggy mess. Completely unplayable. My fibre broadband connection is a constant 141mbps (based on a 150mbps package). I tried it via ethernet and a 5GHz wifi. What am I doing wrong?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I play 90% of the time on my macbook now as there is the odd jump on my tv. I play wirelessly and runs fine that way. My WiFi is 50mbs so who knows?.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

https://kotaku.com/google-stadia-shuts- ... 1846146761

Google have decided making games for Stadia isn’t a goer, but they’re still continuing to get third party games on it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah, a strange decision from Google less than 18 months in.

I've stopped my sub for now mainly as I've been using my Switch to game and Febs games are not worth claiming.

In more positive news Judgement is coming to Stadia soon, wonder if the Yakuzas will follow suit.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I found it interesting how they said they will be selling the tech to other companies to use.
Miririn

Post by Miririn »

I only got a Playstation because my friend didn't want his post-break-up impulse-purchase PS4 after switching to Stadia (and a new boyfriend! Hurray!). He seems pretty happy with Stadia, using it to play stuff like the AC games or "Outer Worlds". But my internet connection is crap in the room where the games consoles live - (I've been downloading "Dishonored 2" for almost five days now and it's still just about fifty per cent done) - so streaming games/Stadia isn't appealing for me.

Feel awful for the people who must have lost their jobs (?). It's always a terrible thing but considering the current situation with Covid as well... ugh :(
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I read that they didn't lose their jobs but were reallocated a role elsewhere in the company, which is something I guess, but still not ideal.