Google Stadia

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Google Stadia

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: February 8th, 2020, 7:19 am I haven't so much as heard the name in WEEKS.
Nor have their customers.

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2020/01/28/sta ... f-patience

Doesn't really seem like anything is happening with it. They totally went about this the wrong way. Streaming may not yet be quite good enough to use as your only way to play games, but I still think a subscription style service where users did not have to purchase individual games would have got them more customers.

It does, however, highlight how poor Sony's streaming service is. If Stadia players are managing to stream in full HD and beyond, why on earth is PS Now locked to 720p?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

https://blog.google/products/stadia/try ... free-today

Stadia Pro completely free for 2 months for everyone including the most of the back catalogue of Pro games.

Amazing gesture

As a paying pro subscriber I get two months free too
James

Post by James »

A great move for Stadia.

Do you know what the nine games are, Domsbeard?
Destiny 2, Thumper and GRID mentioned.
Others on Pro, IIRC, are Samurai Shodown, Gylt, Metro Exodus, Tomb Raider, Farming Simulator 19, SteamWorld Dig 2 and SteamWorld Quest.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

James wrote: April 8th, 2020, 6:16 pm A great move for Stadia.

Do you know what the nine games are, Domsbeard?
Destiny 2, Thumper and GRID mentioned.
Others on Pro, IIRC, are Samurai Shodown, Gylt, Metro Exodus, Tomb Raider, Farming Simulator 19, SteamWorld Dig 2 and SteamWorld Quest.
Doesn't say and obviously I can't tell being a pro member.

Hopefully Gylt is one. If I was guessing I'd say it isn't the Tomb Raiders and Metro.

If anyone signs up I'd recommend Lost Words too it's £11.99
Suits

Post by Suits »

Ah, that’s cool.

How would it work without a Dongle+ thing and Stadia controller dude ??
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Suits wrote: April 8th, 2020, 9:00 pm Ah, that’s cool.

How would it work without a Dongle+ thing and Stadia controller dude ??
No chromecast it'll be on your smart phone if it's one compatible (which I imagine they'll be ramping up) or on your laptop/pc.

I've got a stadia controller but you can play a xbox one or ps4 controller wired into your pc/laptop.

I've played it on my mac via wired usb C and macbook with mouse and keyboard as it didn't have a usb port.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Ah, yes, of course.

Sorry, I couldn’t get it out of my head that it would be on a TV but yes, it’s for PC’s, laptops, etc...

👍🏽
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

There was a Stadia direct thing today which said basically EA are rolling out some titles.

Fifa, Madden and Star Wars Fallen Order. Fully expect Battlefront 2 at some point.

Also PUBG with cross play which is "free"
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Zombie Army 4
Turing Test
SteamWorld Heist

All Stadia Pro games for May which is good
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Stadia now has wireless controller support which is great for me as I play 99% of the time on my Mac now. I can now play with wireless headphones and controller which is an option I don't have with the other consoles
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: May 5th, 2020, 5:16 pm Stadia now has wireless controller support which is great for me as I play 99% of the time on my Mac now. I can now play with wireless headphones and controller which is an option I don't have with the other consoles
Ah, sweet man.

I can appreciate how cool that must be to have added to a system.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Just seen Serious Sam 4 is headed to Stadia but I still dont know what I need in order to play it

Can I play stadia via streaming on my laptop or do I need the box?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You don't need any kind of box Dez. I play Stadia on my chromecast or Mac/Macbook. I have a Stadia controller but I'm pretty sure you can link any ps4/xbox controller to it via Bluetooth
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Nice one. And you have to buy the games, right?

No a gamepass style service
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I just downloaded the app to my phone to try the free premium trial, claimed all the pro games then when I went to play one was told I wasn't allowed because my phone is not compatible. What a pain in the ass, don't let me download the app in the first place then!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

dezm0nd wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:04 pm Nice one. And you have to buy the games, right?

Yeah, although there are around 10 'free' games if you sign up to the premium service. Outside of that, games seem to be full price (£50 for Borderlands 3 for example).
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

dezm0nd wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:04 pm Nice one. And you have to buy the games, right?

Right now you can get two months of Stadia Pro for free, this is changing to one month free from the 3rd of June I think.

When you are a pro member you get a bunch of games included to play. I have been a Pro member since November and with 3 months free at the start and two months now I have only had to pay for one month.

If you let your membership lapse to standard you lose access to all the Pro games (same as PS+). If you have purchased any games you can play them on a standard membership but at 1080p only.

The ''free games'' I have so far on Pro are:

Steamworld Heist
Zombie Army 4
PUBG
Serious Sam Collection
Spitlings
Stacks on stacks
Metro Exodus
Grid
Tomb Raider
Rise of The Tomb Raider
Gylt
Thumper
Destiny 2 (with all dlc to date)
Farm Simulator 19
Samurai Showdown
Steamworld Quest
Turing test

I think you do not get them all now but a large selection.

Gylt is quite good very atmospheric and would be the first one I'd go for if it is still a freebie.

Lost Words Beyond the page I bought and thought was excellent (amazing soundtrack)

They are quite clear on phones applicable (annoyingly my phone is not available to play stadia yet).

The sales have been really good, bought Division for £8, NBA 2K for £2.49. Borderlands 3 and Doom Eternal have been cheaper than I have seen on PSN/Xbox at any point.

I know it has been greeted with a lot of snark in certain areas but I have to say I do enjoy Stadia. Test for me will be when a game that I can get on PSN/Xbox that I want launches same day on Stadia and I go for it on there.

I'd recommend joining now as you'll get two months free still I believe and also they have not announced June's Pro games yet apart from Elder Scrolls online (with DLC up to and including Morrowind) on the 16th.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

If they allow me to play pc games without buying a 1000 pound rig then I'm all for stadia.

It's been a rough ride for them, really but ultimately I dont care where I can play Sam 4. I just want to play it :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Is Serious Sam 4 PC exclusive?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »